Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Game is now 22-25% off till Sep 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chird
Sep 26, 2004

I think game is available on Xbox GamePass from today. I only played the 20-level beta, now I'm in two minds to dive in now or wait 5 weeks for all the changes.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Downloading now, apparently it released a bit early. I expect I can use the time as an extended beta, try out all the classes, build renown, etc.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

I've been put off by excessive rubber banding. Would have thought that'd be fixed by now. Maybe it's at my end or just the strain of gamepass descending on the game, but, boo.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Got a new wifi extender, which fixed the lag issues. Huzzah!

chird
Sep 26, 2004

I hope there's still some challenge, the game is already easy and they're buffing everyone to the moon for S4. Not much point in caring about gear if everything's a doddle etc.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Looks like Maxroll has released its S4 build guides and tier lists.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

A lot of the builds as written assume you can get +x to the same skills on many gear pieces (which you could on the PTR). But some people think that was a mistake that will be shadow nerfed to only have +x to specific skills on specific gear when S4 is live. That could lower the damage on some of the insane builds by about 50% (though still very strong). But it would probably be more interesting to build with than sticking +x to a single skill on everything.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Lol yeah I played a "c-tier" shadow summoner in S3 (and D3/LE), reckon I'll have a lot of company in S4.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

In the Raxx interview they said the pit's being buffed so T150 pit will be like AoZ tier 25 in S2, ( so T200 may be virtually impossible), which I like tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chird
Sep 26, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What does this mean for non ~~maximum optimization~~ players though? My very good S2 Barb that could do NMD 95+ pretty regularly without dying couldnt beat AoZ difficulty 1. Part of the problem was that I had so many abilities that not all of my modifiers appeared over my skill bar, so I couldnt time my overpowers because the thing that popped up in that bar to tell me how many weapon swaps I was doing just didnt fit, but part of the problem was that by that point the game was rocket tag and either I one-shot the bosses or died.

Like... what do they mean T150 of the pit is equal to AoZ T25? What level of the pit is equal to AoZ T1?

They did say most people at 100 will be able to do the first levels of the pit so they can get masterworking mats. But other than the T150=AoZ25, no real specifics.