Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Okay guys and gals, only good posts in this real Diablo 4 thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Books On Tape posted:

No one answered in the last thread when I asked this. Are there any builds/classes I should lean towards where you can just click anywhere and AOE just kills everything without having to actually click on an enemy? Better yet, the damage is basically just auto and you dont really have to click much at all. PoE had a few builds like this.

You more or less just described Necros with minions / curses / corpse explosion. "Paint the screen" builds don't seem to be a goal of D4 design.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

smdh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

For those having trouble logging in, it's a known issue -
https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1665069466282250240

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

How much knowledge of enemy/boss gimmicks is required to not die? If I get this I was planning on starting in hardcore, but I don't want to waste my time starting over and over if there are enemy attacks that will kill you without the inside knowledge needed to avoid it.

I would say that I wouldn't want to play this game on HC the first go-round, even if I played other ARPGs on HC.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

I wish questing with a group was less of an annoyance. You don't get XP for completing or any way to track a quest that someone in your party is working on that you've already finished, which is not really that big of a deal I guess because you're still getting XP and loot on the way but even a simple quest sharing thing in the log that lets you share the objective with other party members would be really nice. Even if everyone is working on the same quest everybody still has to go through the same motions unless the objective is "kill x things" which seems to be shared amongst the party thankfully. I don't really want to do main questline stuff with friends because unless we're all on the exact same step the party leader is the only one getting credit for doing the quests. The party system just feels, like a lot of things in this game, a bit undercooked for what you'd hope in a new diablo with an MMO flair to it.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd have some miracle solution to making questing easier as a group. As it is now, I'll really only do quests with maybe one other person. Anything more and it gets too complicated. If we've got a party of 3 or 4, we're hitting the dungeons. Also half of my friend group is watching cutscenes and the other half is immediately skipping, so that's not compatible.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Like, I get that eating a nerf stings, but everyone knew this stuff was coming. And how much pain can it be with the game only being out a couple of days?

soscannonballs posted:

I tried all the builds with most of the aspects for my class, but keep making assumptions in order to justify lovely behavior by the billion dollar company

If you've tried every build for your class with most of the aspects in the game 3 days after release maybe it's okay to acknowledge that you were on the bleeding edge and likely to run into a problem or two.

Also, if all the other builds and aspects were unattractive, maybe a nerf was indeed needed.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 4, 2023

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I was just talking about how Blizzard really knocked it out of the park with this launch, but lol at deploying an update and (?) bringing down the servers on the official launch day.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I was just able to get back in. You're welcome, everyone.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Is there any reason to run nightmare dungeons that have enemies way above my level? Like 15+? I know you get more glyph XP, but it seems like the XP and even loot is not worth it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I haven't been following this thread, but wanted to pop by and say that I've put a million hours into this game from the betas to now and it's just so enjoyable to play.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

beef is strong

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Agreed.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I love the generator/spending mechanic. Actually, I wish they'd make more viable builds that focus on the generator as a main aspect. I can't stand running around chugging mana potions. Boring rear end mechanic, IMO.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

On my Necro, I could have sworn I took an item and extracted a +mages aspect, and then applied it to another item and it became +warriors. Is this possible? Am I going insane???

[edit: oh god, I think I found it. I am going insane.]

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I got a long Barber and I'm trying to figure out how to work it into my Necro. I had been doing mostly a shadow / blight build, but I'm open to alternatives. Anyone got a build they're using that goes well with the 4 second version?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ah, that's cool. I thought it broke certain builds, so it mattered. I guess I'll give it a shot!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Verviticus posted:

i dont really care about redoing paragon boards because i dont have the need to change my build every day, but it does make me wonder why nobody brought that up repeatedly when the system was being designed. like "hey this will make probably a lot of people annoyed a lot of times during a season" and the leads response was... "i dont care"? "no it wont"?

It's one of the most obvious UX 101 fuckups in the game, right there with "hold square to refund one skill point, press square to refund all skill points."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

just got level 30 with chain lightning sorc and the fireball enhancement adds a lot of fun :)

I'm really enjoying my chain lightning Sorc with fireball and the fire bolt + burning passives. I wish there was a better key passive for the build, but that's alright. Still having a good time.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think I have 4 or 5 chars at 80ish and maybe another 3 at 50. I'm still playing when I have an hour here or there. Looking forward to the continued enhancements. They definitely need to do something about the finding, sorting through, and "stickiness" of items at higher levels.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Vic posted:

over-analytical pilot dad and his nongamer wife playing splitscreen trying to figure out what the gently caress is up with the buckets.

I feel attacked.

Really stoked for the S2 changes. I just put the game down for a bit and wasn't planning on coming back so soon, but with those changes I'll certainly be giving it a shot!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

only if I can be Al Gore

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Certainly seems like the infra team deployed for one version of the game and the client team deployed another, lol.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'd really like to meet the UI person who thought Pacts should be expressed as Available/Required and not Required/Available. Madness.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I really wish Last Epoch just felt better. I enjoyed it well enough and will probably play it again at some point, but after the feel of D4 it's hard to be excited about it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

flashman posted:

He was put in charge of the zoom out feature

:perfect:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

victrix posted:

*gasps from the audience*

lol

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Not only do cars have different stats in Horizon but there's a Battle Royale mode called Eliminator.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think people also forget that there are literal children who play video games and not everyone you run into is a 30/40-something with Diablo nestalga. Some people are bad, it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

euphronius posted:

I have seen kids play video games. They aren’t playing Diablo on a PC . I don’t know if this out for consoles yet

I, on the other hand, have seen kids play video games that include D4. And I also know that it is indeed on consoles.

Kaysette posted:

Actually you have to be 17 or older to play Diablo IV as the ESRB has rated it M (Mature) for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, and Language.

:laugh: