Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

George H.W. oval office posted:

I saw how people are milked from Jordan Peterson so it's either us or them

The thread! It's wobbling towards weird!

Only I, a bephalim, can save it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

sure okay posted:

I dont know if this make much sense but I thought it about it waking up

A rough lol, pouring one out for the goons that didn't make it this far

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

If you get the KFC breakfast fuckmunch you can watch the lore video for free (but everyone's head is replaced w nuggets)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Popoto posted:

plz do not let my request distract anyone from what is probably very rad content (the lore of Diablo, after all, is much better than the games)

Raise your hand if the fuckin metzen art book from Diablo 1 is still burned into your formative memories

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Please be respectful with how you choose to deal with your chicken sandwiches.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

It's actually mind boggling to me to imagine what kind of different life I'd have had my dad played Diablo 2 back in the day. Go dad's go!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

wizard2 posted:

he thinks D4 will be better than POE until POE copies whatever few good ideas D4 has.

Twisting Blades needs to be a Melee / Projectile / Duration skill that gives more damage the longer you embed it in the enemy.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Do NOT play the Burgermaster. Eldritch Buns are currently bugged and will crash your instance. His Sacred Sauce system is also really underwhelming even with the additional Horseradish points he gains with each flip.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

*cackles to self* haven't seen any content creators do a Shimmering Slider build yet...it's all mine!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

smoobles posted:

Anyone have any strategies that are excited to try out? My approach is going to be clicking on the demons with my mouse button until they die

Same but holding down controller buttons so I don't injure myself

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

That makes me wonder if the game can use a HOSAS.

You hotas people are sick. SICK!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Caidin posted:

What happened to the unstoppable murdered the Prime Evil and the incarnation of Death Itself PC from the last game?

Probably turned into an undead stygian doll

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

explosivo posted:

Heads up; if you're a sicko like me who thought "I'll just buy 4 sandwiches at KFC and give the rest of them out and be an office hero while surreptitiously getting diablo 4 cosmetics for myself", first of all you only get one tier of cosmetics per order, so you will be wasting your money unless you place 4 separate orders, and second of all KFC still loving sucks and nobody will want the sandwiches even for free. :shepicide:

Dogs and cats in your area want to know your location!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Stux posted:

[pure white noise poster no one has ever clocked or noticed before] dont you know who i am

Feeling seen

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

crepeface posted:

two legendaries dropped, changed my mind: game rules

Skinner Box: activated

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

*loads up 3rd party Demon Bucket Analyzer* to understand what's going on here, we need to git gud... at multiplication!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

drat, this thread title is too real lol

I'd need to buy a console to play this game. I don't think my laptop's built in graphics card is going to make the cut. Between Xbox one, Series X/S, Playstation 4, or 5, which is going to have the best price/performance ratio, if this is the only game I play?

It ran smooth as butter on a series S during the beta. But I haven't tested with couch coop yet.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Philthy posted:

At the end of the day, story is the least of my concerns. Being so zoomed in is driving me absolutely bonkers. I can't stand it.

What's really annoying is when it'll pull out the camera for various parts to show you some scenery. Please, just leave it! Lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Stux posted:

also its the same zoom as poe lol

The PoE 2 videos have a more zoomed out pov! Hope it hasn't been axed.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

acumen posted:

also just lol at buying cosmetics when the base transmogs are already rad

I kept saying this! There's tons of cool looking character dress up poo poo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I've been thinking about loving with golems and that iron golem buff is calling my name for tomorrow night.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

zoux posted:

What percentage of the player base, would you guess, is playing early release vs. how many are waiting til tomorrow? Very small like 5% or closer to half?

I think it's actually tonight for the US:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2023/06/02/heres-the-exact-time-diablo-4-early-access-begins-and-how-to-play/?sh=5ef68375b2e4 posted:

The full global launch of Diablo IV will take place on June 5th and 6th depending on your region, and mirrors the exact same times as Early Access:

June 5th @ 4pm PDT
June 5th @ 7pm EDT
June 5th @ 8pm BRT
June 6th @ 12am BST
June 6th @ 1am CEST
June 6th @ 8am KST
June 6th @ 9am AEST
June 6th @ 11am NZST

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

I don’t understand the extract a legendary system . Afaict you can get them all from dungeons and it’s much cheaper to do it that way .

Min maxing euphronius!!! You know this!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just hit 20 on my Druid last night and I now have like 3 more abilities than I have buttons on my PS5 controller. What the heck do I do, just pick my favorite skills? I’ve got an amulet that gives +1 to all Wrath skills, so it’s not like I spent points on a bunch of actives abilities.

Correct, you can only fit so many skills in your bar. It's annoying.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Druid is Dudes Rock personified, seems like

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

Diablo has a formula for female vilanesses which is "horns and scales surrounding an alabaster-smooth normal human face".

Turn your monitor on

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Why doesn't the druid have a grizzly bear summon wtf

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Lamebot posted:

I finally feel like doing strongholds in HC and I come to realize this game has no group finder??

It does through a third party site, adult friend finder dot com

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I'm not enraged by the battle pass because it's just some cosmetic crap and your character looks totally fine without it, also the screen is usually filled with explosions

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

SettingSun posted:

This is really goddamn funny to me for no particular reason. My barb's lowest stat is his strength lmao

maxim: the intellectual barbarian's magazine

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I sacrificed the defender necros and am blowing things up w blood spear, recommend. I think I'm about that level.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Philthy posted:

This game just feels so.. unfinished. In every aspect. The honeymoon period definitely wore off on me bigtime.

It's also okay to enjoy what you can, and check back in whenever they add more stuff. I mean this isn't even a season yet. Game probably has legs.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Substandard posted:

There were supposed to be 2 expansions to d3 and they shitcanned the second one and just put out the necro class by itself.

I think they added a new zone or two, isn't there like some weird werewolf poo poo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

The new zones were apparently the small part of the followup expansion that got completed before it was shitcanned, so they just threw them in at some point with little context.

They were pretty neat looking areas :shrug:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

My entire contigent of arpg friends spend $500-$1000 on PoE yearly. Blizz could charge more for this poo poo if they wanted lmao

Many of the skills look so bad that I can't believe they haven't made skill mtx yet. The armor stuff is weak af.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

you can change your tattoos but you cant change your hair lol

Just like real lif-- hey wait a darn minute!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Fwiw I started with a Necro and Sever feels kind of like a reverse twisting blades.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Perestroika posted:

I've only just gotten done with Act 1, and I'm surprised to find that the story is... actually not terrible? Like it's not high art or anything, but at least so far I'm actually curious to see where it goes, and Lilith/Inarius are more interesting antagonists than the usual Diablo fare. Certainly a sight better than Diablo 3. Also good goddamn the environment designers sure put their entire rear end into the Black City. That was gross as hell in the best way :catstare:

It's interesting, I thought the environments didn't look that good in videos but they look a lot better actually playing the game. Good poo poo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

I'm missing just hopping into games and doing [greater] rifts. Is there a way to just quickly play with other people somehow that doesn't involve discord or clan lfg

Nope, it's weird, they made an always online MMORPG-like Diablo but removed the benefit to that setup.

Tbh I'm sure it's in the pipeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Diablo 4: I am having the worst luck finding crushed beast bones.