Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

gonna click on so much freakin loot!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

kinda crazy how the game is out today when you think about it

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

drat gently caress this actually owns

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

im in wt1 but feel super op as sorc @ ~23

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Kawabata posted:

how badly loving tuned is this game early on

barbarian here, I'm getting loving obliterated, should I follow some dumb streamer build at lvl 20 already?

just do more survivability stuff if you are getting owned

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

really love how transmog persists through gear swaps what a great idea

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

you don't even have to do the campaign on your main

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Is everyone skipping side quests? I just hit 30 and I’m still in snow world having done the main quest up until vigo bleeds out in his mechsuit, a handful of events, and all the side quests I’ve come across.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

just had lightning/ice sorc all come together at once with aspects, gear rolls, and spec

it feels like i broke the game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

15 minute queue?!?!?!!?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ceramics posted:

Been stuck at QUEUED FOR GAME....START GAME PENDING... for over an hour now :(

restart the game probably

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

what's the deal with all these demons

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

do you keep open side quests after beating campaign and moving on to wt3?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hell yeah 2 leggies off a t gob

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Clocks posted:

I get the opposite of this impression. If you're twitch-nerfing things by 30-66% then that to me suggests the balance team did not think things through or test it at all to begin with.

I agree blizz literally didn’t do any thinking or testing on anything at all and it’s not like all of the sudden there was some drastic change compared to their internal testing conditions (which they didn’t do at all) like millions of players actively trying to break the game

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

site posted:

the idea was to have hydra deal burning damage, with fiery surge to boost mana regen, and inferno with the enhancement that makes pyro skills free to cast while it runs, but it's still not enough to keep my mana up enough to cast fireball all the time

why are people using frost nova over blizzard? i know blizz doesn't freeze enemies, but it doesn't have a cooldown, compared to nova's rather insane 18sec cooldown

Nova is a great source of vuln

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

coming up for air

how's everyone doing

ok that's enough of a break

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

bio347 posted:

I went with a firewall sorc, and I'm in my 30s. My build is basically done, and there aren't any transformative legendaries or uniques for the spec. I'm trying to figure out what I have to look forward to in the endgame, because it just kinda seems like I'm supposed to play almost literally the same thing for the next 80 hours or so?

farm gear for a different build cuz that sounds boring as gently caress!

arc lash spanks lillith's bare bottom HARD

i'm teleporting around non stop and sending huge packs of elites straight back to hell in a split second

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i'm in :2bong:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

bio347 posted:

Is the cooldown on Unstable Currents not a huge drag while leveling? Even Inferno's much shorter one seems a bit much at times. And how do you deal with bosses? I had Arc Lash in my build for a while, but getting close to bosses and the occasional elite was mostly just suicide so I switched it out for Spark.

unstable currents is really an optional fun button

i can completely forego its use and wreck everything, but why not press the button for the dopamine hit

here's how a big pack usually goes, and without UC it would have taken a few extra seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFxWa7jJ8C4

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

what am i supposed to do with all these drat sigils because im getting them faster than i can spend them

should i just trash t1 since im flying through them in a couple minutes

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Thing about arc lash is your defensive stuff is specced to do an aoe blast and boost your damage while active

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

acumen posted:

You eventually get the ability to salvage/craft more, but I'm not sure what the trigger is for that quest. I think if you do the first one a higher tier sigil will drop, do that one and it may unlock?

it was completing a t3

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

turns out i was not ready for t3 capstone @ 59

damage is fine but i'm getting squished

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

coelomate posted:

Keep in mind raw level difference is a big factor in damage (in both directions). With the same gear, skills, etc. and unspent paragon points you'll do way better each level closer to 70 you get.

good to know

and i don't know if this is correlated to level or if it's a string of bad rolls but i'm seeing far more damage resist and extra health mob types

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i feel OP as gently caress in wt3 at 60 i dunno how im supposed to hang around another 10 levels

just tapping frost nova is setting off a chain reaction that will screen clear

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m a 41 sorc doing chain lightning but keep getting legendaries to buff meteor or deep freeze or whatever. Can you make a leveling meteor build work

everything works for leveling

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

DaveKap posted:

I think Diablo 4 might be my favorite of them all at this point but one thing, one really awful thing is a sticking point for me right now.

https://i.imgur.com/T7LSciU.mp4

The aggro as a necromancer is completely hosed. If you want to prevent snipes like this from happening, you have to let your skeles fight offscreen, which is lame. Call me crazy but minion builds should only be this deadly (for the player) if you position yourself poorly or your minions get melted from poor defenses or simply too-powerful enemies. Instead it's deadly if I happen to face an elite who decides minions don't exist and I'm the only dude in the room worth killing. That enemy wouldn't be wrong but that doesn't make for a fun experience.

Been seeing this since hitting t4 especially

Off screen snipes running up to a helltide chest is a swift kick in the balls

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Sheesh I thought I’d be winding down by now in t4 and closing but im still hooked on blowing up monsters and I haven’t even touched any alts yet

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I kind of hate the quests that have an NPC insert themselves into your party as soon as you accept it, which makes me feel weird and that I now have to do it. Its just rude.

You don’t have to, they vanish when you leave and reappear by your side when you’re back in the area iirc

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

getting like a consistent 2k ping outside of the Ruins of Eridu dungeon with so many people farming it

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Sloober posted:

helltides are like the best place to find upgrades & exp

ruins of eribu

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Sloober posted:

i already hate repeating sigil dungeons i'm not gonna start doing the same one over and over lmao

it will get nerfed soon so you wont have to do it for long

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I’m wrong and stupid and like the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Grinspork posted:

maybe, just maybe, they should tie in the paragon point and skill point rewards to the campaign everyone is forced to go through

you can skip the campaign