Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Popoto posted:

this poo poo is asking for age verification through credit card entry. is there another source?

The cool part is by the virtue of being embedded in that post and viewed though the Awful App, anyone can listen to uncle Lorath wax poetically about the Horadrim without having to flash your ID at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Deki posted:

Early access is 20 bucks extra?

Woof.

Not really, the upsell is pretty fair priced if you include the first season pass, the non-Tyrael-wings, the horse armor, and some other bundled cosmetics.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 1, 2023

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I've been on pins and needles for the past 20hrs on what class to main through the story. Real happy for the fursuits that are hyped to play as Weremarge, or the Chad Hammercocks spin-winning the game like it's AGDQ pre-season. Really wanted a trapsin, but doesn't look like it's happening with the weird bow/dagger rogue setup. The sorc needs bigger fireworks... So looks like my heart's still set on this scrawny Skrillex-looking hellraiser who helps out town nuns with routine exorcisms.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

It's funny they only bothered to include the DD edition to their EA countdown a few hours ago.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Man all these unlicensed players queuing up before Diablo *spits*

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Lady I got really bad news about your husband.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Do yourself a favor and pick World Tier 2 as your initial leveling difficulty of dicking around in the overworld. Tier 1 is purely Story Mode that effectively locks the health of all enemies to zero (with relative level scaling). Sure at WT2 they have a sliver more hp and live long enough to feel like they actually belong in their environment, making them all the more fun to try your untested builds on, as in you know like a game.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 2, 2023

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

rap music posted:

really love how transmog persists through gear swaps what a great idea

I think there's a bug or a feature where it turns off, but still notifies you, if you swap your shield.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I think I'm solidly into mid-game gear progression since the pickups have been mostly yellow for a while, and I still haven't left the beta area with my amalgamation of Warlock/Shaman/Vampire necro partly because I fear the fog of war, and because it still feels like I'm in Goldshire for the first time trying to knock off the side quests and POIs.

Also this was dropped by a named minor boss Leet Jeff K. of Yosgrad:

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Well, it was definitely the last item he dropped

New title for when the game hits mainstream on monday

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Lister posted:

Also, the writing and some of the quests are clearly influenced by Witcher 3. An NPC used the word "whoreson" which I'd never known until it was said about 200 times in W3.

Yeah feels like a lot of the village fetch quests and open world building material came straight from CD Projekt's script vaults. But with such a big game, it was probably one of the necessities to make it feel alive.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The animal caves and town sewers your mortal hero spelunks to look so gorgeous for how absolutely horrific they must smell.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

You can't do all the side quests right away, some are story gated, others possibly with level.

edit: but in tier 2 it definitely helps doing them get enough skillpoints to tackle those harder campaign bosses

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 3, 2023

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The reactive sand/snow is such a cool effect when your undead clique begins skirmishing with some spicy giant scorpions and meaty boars on top of a desolate sand dune.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Found the guard in Kyovashad who just wants to get down regardless of the state of the Eternal Conflict.
https://i.imgur.com/FsiXKIz.mp4

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I've recently finished the story on WT2 (Uniques do drop in this tier btw) and got to farm some gear with the Sacred quality prefix in WT3 world Helltide events. Sacred gear scales its power with your level, and with the game's flexible enchanting system allowing you to effectively replace most of the stats on an item including aspects, sell me continually investing upgrade resources on regular Rares/Legendaries as opposed to just working on having a single set of Sacred gear that will take you 50 to 100.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I also like about the story that there's a seemingly random party of Valve's L4Dead characters that finds itself teleported to the Sanctuary, kills and assumes the identity of their doppelgangers before you wake up, and gets gradually picked off like its the middle of a Netflix show.

Wandered off alone and viewed the statue of Michelangelo's David too close.

Was made an offer he couldn't refuse.

Got bitten, didn't go feral but lost her marbles.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 4, 2023

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

So I was on my merry horseback to hit up another profane attribute shrine in some forgotten part of the desert, when a gang of highway skeletons set up roadblock in the most narrow part of the canyon dead set on taking my gold. As I was taking care of these goobers, a Helltide rolled in across the sky, the ground turned crimson and it started raining blood...

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

FFT posted:

The xp bonuses you have to reknown per-character, but the +potion etc bonuses are permanent, as far as is known.

Yea, if you use that interactive online map of L's permanent stat altars that someone linked, it makes it a fairly painless slog paired with horse GPS to check off 160 of them, reveal most of the map, and get closer to completing each region for 4 paragon points.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

euphronius posted:

They never say it will work permanently in the game which is funny

They imply it with a MMOesque boring completionist grind tied to open world exploration, that's meant to throw you a bone but won't make or break your game if you don't do it.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

While I agree that world renown should be farmed in a post-50 WT3 especially since it helps you get through the lvl 50 to 70 lull (aside from spamming instance dungeons) to challenge the capstone, I'm waiting out to complete the one-time strongholds with their minibosses till WT4 for the Ancients gear.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

necro is so loving fun, i'm blowing up corpses and fighting everything with like a dozen skelly bros and a giant fat flesh man who moans a lot

Something about monitors, and them being off.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Just witnessed some WW barb builds that do like 200k crits and take down the WT4 Ashava world boss in under 1 min, it was awe inspiring and kinda terrifying.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

My name is legion, for we are many (actually 1 less skelly than the max because my neck is taken up by an aspect that actually matters).

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Not even a 70 necro whose Blood Surge completely disregards the base 3% chance and instead overpowers like every 4th hit to deal ~1000% of its damage.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I never played D3 but had played the poo poo out of D2 despite being bad at it. Where is a good place to read up on simple stuff like "how do I switch weapons as a barb", "what skills are good to have for long term", and what are the fancy words I see people in this thread using, like capstone, sigil, and techniques ?"

You don't need to learn the lingo to run the T1 cinematic leveling experience and hitting the imps with any random stick will finish the campaign. Afterwards if you want to get on the current endgame treadmill, there are only a few viable skill combos that 95% of the gold farmers and internet beggars run because the majority of skills in this game are so anemic they can be considered cosmetic.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

I got an almost perfectly rolled crystal greatsword with a sick whirlwind bonus (increased crit chance per second), so I immediately switched from a bleed build to lungey, stompy, jumpy, shouty build and it's wonderful to just get at the enemy and hurt them. No waiting for the Rupture cooldown or whatever, just here comes the helicopter open up and die.

I had a similar experience with my necro where I was switching off and on the minion build and had a pretty tanky healbot setup for my sizeable posse with +2 mages and +2 warriors on the dagger and shield, then found a +78% Overpower damage on a two-hander scythe and into the sacrificial pit went all my minions. Finding new items can really make you spend a shitload of gold on respeccing to entire new builds.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

isk posted:

The only central Unique is Razorplate. Battle Trance is nice but not necessary.

If I unironically decide to take up one of my armor slots with the single-affix Razorplate, is it a requirement to make porcupine noises the entire time things are skewering thenselves on me?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

:yeah:

I just hit 50. So wait, once you hit 50, you no longer receive skill points, only paragon points?

Yes and if you gently caress up your Paragon boards, youre going to be doing a fraction of the damage or be needlessly squishy at higher lvls.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

What does gently caress up the paragon board mean? Only take white nodes? Just take stuff that does the same thing so you don't spread your damage, it's not that complicated. Like I took the minion necro board first and beelined for all those rare nodes.

You can mess up late game by choosing worthless Paragon boards just for its unique, not taking the shortest paths to magic/rare nodes that aren't useless for your current build while also making your way towards attaching the next one. Their attachment order matters in how much of each stat the rare node Bonus prerequsite costs. Some unrelated boards might even have a few nodes in the corner that augment your build, so its attachment orientation very much matters.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Can't you respec paragon boards? Is it like hundreds of thousands of gold at high levels to do that?

Well I recently got a chievi for spending 100 points and it's about non-decreasing 4.5k gold to refund a single point, so do the math.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

My friendship with groups of 4-modifier stunlock naga elites is officially over.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Me 150 hours into exterminating gorgeous demonic flora and fauna around Sanctuary, looking at another 150: "I loving hate this game."

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

im just really loving the necro skills sound design

Different weapons have different attack speed based on their size and a dagger is very fast attack speed. Necro is the only one that can equip a shield (so far) and a shield increases weapon speed by 80%. There are also aspects that can increase necro's attack speed further by like 50% after Overpower procs. This tends to turn everything around a high level blood sacrifice necro into a 300 BPM rave.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

Get hosed if you sacrifice your minions imo. You're no Necro.

That's a very trad way to look at a necro. Also I'm sure my bone boyz were completely content with giving up their undead lives in exchange for 1250% overpower at 10k attack power every 3 seconds, so that their master has the best screen clear in WT4 out of all classes.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Magus42 posted:

Fortify does nothing until you have >= your life worth of it, so if you're just getting tiny amounts it's not doing anything for you at all.

Only once fortify is higher than life does it activate 10% DR

I think to get the Fortify boons to proc, you need to have the second overlay health bubble completely full with the thick armor border showing around it. Having one full bubble and a bit of fortify still just treats you as Healthy for the sake of "+dmg while fortified" bonuses.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

Yes that's what the post you quoted is explaining. Fortify doesn't do anything until it exceeds your health, which makes you "fortified" and puts the armor border around your health bar. You don't need a full fortify bar, just more than your current health.

p sure you only get the armor border around the healthbar signifying you're finally Fortified (and Healthy) once both bars are completely full. Sure for Overpower a partially filled second bar does work into its equation, but for the purpose of investing into Paragon nodes that make you deal more damage while fortified, I couldn't make it worth it since the second fortify never stays full and always slowly goes down.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

Fortify and Healthy are completely unrelated mechanics. Healthy just means your current health is over 80%. You become "Fortified" once your fortify amount is equal to or higher than your current health, regardless of how much health you have. That's when you get the armor bar around your health, and when your damage reduction from fortify applies. You can test this by gaining Fortify at partial health then using a health potion, it will remove your Fortify bonus as soon as your health exceeds the Fortify bar.

e: also thanks for posting this because I went in-game to make sure I was right and got the werebear unique chest off a treasure goblin finally, appreciate it

Your welcome mama bear, and trying to get/stay at Fortify as a blood necro whose first healthbubble is almost always maxed is near impossible. Maybe it's meant to synergize with builds that are always in an Injured state since you only need like 1/3 of the Fortify bar to have it be more than your current health.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Lakbay posted:

Do you have to max out every single activity in a region to reach the final renown reward? I was doing some bad math calculations in compared to what activities I have left and it seems like you might have to

Well I completed the regional renown grind (in the fullest sense of the word) for the bonus paragon points over the last few days, and in addition to my will to live, it took finding all the Lily statues, the entire map explored, about 70% of the quests because the rest are acquired from RNG mob/resource node drops, and additionally completing about 7-10 dungeons per region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

obi_ant posted:

I’m working on doing 100% on my renown. These will transfer to all my new characters that I create without the need to redo the maps/waypoints right?

The regional renown grind is a strong point of contention right now being so time-consuming with the mind-numbing third rate MMO map filler activities it has you jumping through. It's a gateway for many achievements/titles permanently inked on your account but many dungeon-running ARPG players are going straight to lobbying against whole thing, questioning its permanence going through seasons/realms/and whatever other instanced excuses they can come up with. Currently the world map starts out unexplored on your alts, with only the waypoints to major cities available, but with strong ongoing keyboard warrioring who knows how it will shape up in a month or a year from now.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 13, 2023