Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My kid will just have to learn to enjoy tv time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The best thing about the wheel is you can just keep spinning until it gives you the answer you want.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Paracausal posted:

I just did this, spend $3 on microcoins and it loving worked

gently caress YOU BLIZZARD

A perfect game does exist.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I can't request to join the clan because it has too many requests so I can't help accept the requests in the clan. Blizzard! :argh:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Go to the Clans page "N" by default on PC.
Click "Join a Clan"
Click "Search Clans"
Search for "SA Goon Squad"
Click it
Click "Request to join"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The work around is just accepting more invites to clear the queue.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
So the invite process is that someone requests to join, then the clan can choose to accept or reject, and accept sends the request back to the person and they need to accept. Those waiting for accept responses also sit in the queue. So if you've already sent the request and not in yet, check your status and join already. Good system, Blizzard.

e: and now when I try to process a request I get error 319011, lol.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I somehow can't figure out how to send a message to somebody for a guild invite. what am i missing

Dameius posted:

Go to the Clans page "N" by default on PC.
Click "Join a Clan"
Click "Search Clans"
Search for "SA Goon Squad"
Click it
Click "Request to join"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
They seriously need to redo group play quest progression to have one person be able to progress the quest for everyone, if not globally then for everyone in the act. It's a loving nightmare to make sure everyone stays in synced because if someone gets out of sync then they can happily continue on doing all the things and seeing all the cutscenes but getting none of the credit. I had hoped they would have fixed this from the beta but they didn't.

Other than that and some hitching here and there it was smooth sailing, except for all the clan stuff I was talking about earlier, but at least there they fixed the bug that crashes your game every time you accept someone into the clan.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
lol loving Christ, was in town waiting on my party to finish their poo poo when I got DC'd and now I'm getting

quote:

Your Account Is Currently Locked. Please wait a few minutes and try again. (Code 395002)

When I try to log back in. With people online saying that this lasted for anywhere between a few minutes and a few hours. Guess there is no playing the game for me.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My d3 goons, the numlock trick works.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah I was about 20 on mine and watched some youtube where the guy was like "you don't understand the penalty you are paying for being melee" and now I'm running a blight necro and it's night and day. I'm just melting poo poo, I have lots of buttons to push, and no shouts.

I played a few seasons of DIII so I'm well used to mouse controls but man I really like using the controller. Ideally they'll add wasd movement, but I've always hated doing boss mechanics with click-to-move

For kbm, bind force move to whatever feels comfortable and use that for movement.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

you literally went through two years of my post history over that minor burn to find something to sling in my face and that's the best you got? lol

The av really sells it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

goferchan posted:

Don't know if the breakpoint was hitting level 30 or completing an Act, but legendaries seem to drop significantly more frequently now

Most people were saying around 25 which was about when I started getting a lot more regular drops.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

mst4k posted:

I’m sorry I was on hard drugs most of the weekend but was diablo even mentioned except in conversation that he was also a prime evil there in act 6?

That was his skeleton there at the end right?

There is a point in Act 3 where the three wolves are eating the sacrifice and it's Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal as they're reforming.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Going through the campaign I kept all of my gear upgraded to level 2, salvaged anything that would be a transmog, and salvaged all rares to build up a stockpile of crystals, and vendored the rest. I always had a growing stockpile of all mats and gold with that approach. I also always click every plant and ore in the open world as I pass by them but I never make it a point to basically deviate more than like half a screen to get them and am also swimming in elixer mats too.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

I'm confused about people's expectation for this game: Diablo is a franchise about endlessly grinding for better gear so you can continue the endless grind. That's the game. What is waiting for you is more of this game.

D3 hyper streamlined that loop and people still hate it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Legendaries: 1
Yellows: 2
Blues: 2
Whites: 1
Gems: 27

Someone who is good at Diablo help. I can't keep my inventory clear.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
This game needs about triple the mob density basically everywhere.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Lakbay posted:

Am I wasting Renown if I do stuff for a maxed out region without having unlocked WT3+ yet? I'm still leveling my alt which I prefer and I'm just grinding Tree of Whispers/Adventure Mode activities because I assume the renown doesn't get banked

If I remember right, as soon as I switched to t3, it applied all the renown I had previously been collecting to the total. You'd just be locked out collecting the reward if you managed to hit the 3rd cap before moving to t3.

Don't take this as gospel though

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

As I sit outside, smoking a cigarette, I wonder how easy it is for people to kite high level mobs towards you. I’ve left my character in an out of the way place and expect my minions to pick off random stragglers but wonder about the dangers of player driven enemy engagement.

the game will kick you back to character select after not too long idle so you don't need to worry about that.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I wonder what Kanai is up to these days. Also wonder if Skorn is in the game.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

I never got to try it Pre-nerf but I would note that people didn’t find it fun and rewarding because it was broken, they found it fun and rewarding because there were more monsters to kill

The people crave that PoE mapping experience

People want D3 rifts, even if they don't realize it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Brother I've been saying this since the start I know what I'm about.

SettingSun posted:

You're right rifts and greater rifts should make a comeback.

:hai:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I like the differences in the dungeons/getting to pick ones that work better for my class and changing it up when I want to do something else. Just... make all of those things have density to match the various dungeons they nerfed, instead of the other way around. High density = more fun no matter how it's packaged

Just do what everyone does when they get an, in their opinion, poo poo grift. Bail and launch another one. Rift system the objectively superior form of ARPG post campaign grind.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

queeb posted:

lol that they keep nerfing the good dungeons. heaven forbid we slaughter hordes of monsters in our arpg.

It's supposed to be "tactical"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

BurningBeard posted:

People fished for the ideal rift too. That wouldn't resolve anything. I agree rifts own though and I also want them back.

You're not the first to bring up fishing for grifts and in the context of this conversation I'm still not sure why people bring it up. It's entirely true that fishing happened, but it only happened when people were doing max push runs. For farming you just played every map given to you. And grifts only needed fishing because there were some very poorly constructed tilesets in the map pool and the problem of fishing could be fixed by removing them. It wasn't a fault of the rift system itself.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DarkDobe posted:

I hate that you are probably right about this.

I'm pretty sure they said they disliked sets because it funneled people into certain builds too much e.g. you had a choice of 3-sets and anything not-set was pretty terrible by comparison.
They DID fix this with certain items that rewarded you for using non-set pieces in D3 - but I'm not sure that 'free range build' was ever quite as viable as the best sets?

LoD builds, the no set stuff, was frequently S tier across seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

NM dungeons are Diablo is a lot more fun in a group, in case anyone is curious