Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Front Mission 1 Remake is out now on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Is Ghost Trick good on Steam Deck or should I get it on PS5?

It’s a visual novel / puzzle adventure game that was originally on the ds

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Just going to jump in here and say that Wasteland 3 is currently 80% off on Steam at the moment, which is a phenomenal deal.

Seriously, if you enjoy Fallout, XCom or any well written dialogue with good voice acting, you owe it to yourself to get this game. I'm gonna do a second playthrough next month.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How does it compare to 2? Because I bounced off 2, iirc i found the dialogue, voice acting and combat pretty lacklustre

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1674816813249736704?s=19

Who could have seen this coming

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Should not have made it a full price game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Should not have made it

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Jay Rust posted:

How does it compare to 2? Because I bounced off 2, iirc i found the dialogue, voice acting and combat pretty lacklustre

Haven't played 2 but from all accounts, 3 was a major step up in every way. Very much feels like the true spiritual successor to Fallouts 1 & 2.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You love to see it
Imagine putting Gollum out in earnest, and thinking it was a good game.

Like it's not even bad in an amusing way, it's just terrible

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Infinitum posted:

You love to see it
Imagine putting Gollum out in earnest, and thinking it was a good game.

Like it's not even bad in an amusing way, it's just terrible
It's bad in an amusing way

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've enjoyed some of their games in the past so it's a bummer they got forced into making a game that was so out of their wheelhouse it never stood a chance.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's outside of literally everyone's wheelhouse. The only two interesting games with LotR branding are made worse for the intrusion of LotR. It's not a good setting for videogames or new stories. There's actually millions of fantasy settings that are literally just LotR-but-appropriate-for-new-stories-and-videogamifying.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gollum should have strictly been a cozy farm simulator

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Shinjobi posted:

Gollum should have strictly been a cozy farm simulator

Definitely. If they expanded the bird loving sim and reduced the poo poo rear end platforming the game would have been a hit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gamer co-worker update: the man keeps dying to godfrey and complaining to me about it, he's stubbornly sticking to his 27 vigor despite my pleas :cripes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Khanstant posted:

There's actually millions of fantasy settings that are literally just LotR-but-appropriate-for-new-stories-and-videogamifying.

This is arguably the majority of western fantasy

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Can you imagine a cozy Gollum farming sim?

Maintaining a pigeon coop?
Farming cave mushrooms?
Protecting your crop from the influence of Shelob?
Annoying those filthy hobbitses?
End-game vacation to a hot locale with your favorite bud?

10/10 experience

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is there a minigame for catching a fish and smashing it against a rock

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

What, like in real life?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

More like Icaric entertainment.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Jay Rust posted:

Gamer co-worker update: the man keeps dying to godfrey and complaining to me about it, he's stubbornly sticking to his 27 vigor despite my pleas :cripes:

Sounds like this individual is becoming a Gamer Friend :unsmith:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

More like Icaric entertainment.

Balldalic entertainment imho

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Khanstant posted:

It's outside of literally everyone's wheelhouse. The only two interesting games with LotR branding are made worse for the intrusion of LotR. It's not a good setting for videogames or new stories. There's actually millions of fantasy settings that are literally just LotR-but-appropriate-for-new-stories-and-videogamifying.

Oh yeah I mean that it is a particularly bad fit for a studio that mostly made point and click adventure games and hadn't made something on that scale before.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

frytechnician posted:

Just going to jump in here and say that Wasteland 3 is currently 80% off on Steam at the moment, which is a phenomenal deal.

Seriously, if you enjoy Fallout, XCom or any well written dialogue with good voice acting, you owe it to yourself to get this game. I'm gonna do a second playthrough next month.

I really need to go back and finish that. I stalled at the mid-point because one of the patches made it have serious issues with my video card. I have since upgraded, but have yet to reinstall it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just gonna say it: TotK's fashion souls game is v weak

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Which is the indy movie that has that "yuck this foreign food is weird!!" scene?

temple of doom, quite infamously, to the point that i believe they gave some weak excuse years after the fact claiming it was a too-subtle joke about smart indians tricking the dumb foreigners by making them think they eat cockroaches and mud

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat i meant that for another thread

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust posted:

Just gonna say it: TotK's fashion souls game is v weak

It’s true I could not find one cool hat the entire game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

can Link still be a femboy

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

does nintendo realize how much money they could make on femboy link DLC

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
have you seen the zonai elemental outfits, they've pretty much already gone there

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hwurmp posted:

can Link still be a femboy

he can wear a backless dress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rename him to Twink imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Ghost Trick a difficult puzzle game? I really like the characters, but am intimidated by being too stupid to solve the puzzles.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It might take some kind of sudden upturn after Chapter 5, but up through that it's been pretty easy.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 30, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Is Ghost Trick a difficult puzzle game? I really like the characters, but am intimidated by being too stupid to solve the puzzles.

No

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

People were making fun of me on the discord for playing all the way to Castle Sol with low vigor lol

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

frytechnician posted:

Haven't played 2 but from all accounts, 3 was a major step up in every way. Very much feels like the true spiritual successor to Fallouts 1 & 2.

This amuses the hell out of me for someone to say, since Fallout 1 and 2 were the spiritual successors to Wasteland after it didnt get a proper sequel.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You can make Link a furry in TotK if you do every shrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Is Ghost Trick good on Steam Deck or should I get it on PS5?

Works great on it for me, and there is also a demo that's first 2 chapters if you want to check for yourself.
(Can import the data from it, though it doesn't do the achievos/unlocks right... not that they really matter).