Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of June's main events are you most looking forward t--hold on, I've just be
This poll is closed.
Jack Hermansson vs Brendan Allen 2 14.29%
Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Peņa 3 2 14.29%
Basically every single PFL fight previously planned 3 21.43%
I mean, Bhullar vs Malykhin hasn't technically been cancelled yet 7 50.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
If Elon v Zuck happens, Dana should put carts of tomatoes around the arena to throw at them. Best gate of all time just for the chance to pelt them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Make them both fight peirera instead.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Boco_T posted:

This is the real funniest ONE news of the day
https://twitter.com/beyond_kick/status/1671303263684120578

this is the most one fc thing i've read in a while

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Brut posted:

Sometimes these rematches don't make sense but this is not one of those times, Shevchenko was undefeated at flyweight until that fight, and was winning the fight on the scorecards until suddenly finding herself in a grappling exchange after an ill-advised spinning kick, I suspect the rematch will look a lot like the Nunes/Pena rematch from last year.

Counterpoint. She lost the fight like a fuckin' dumbass and instant rematches suck.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Marching Powder posted:

i want to know what the peons felt like watching their emperor fight in the pit at the end of gladiator

I have returned from the future, where I downloaded this from elon musk's twitter feed the day after the fight

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It just occured to me that Dana may be riding the lightning and trying to pressure fighters into fights by announcing bookings before they are signed or even negotiated, except with his dipshit billionaire friends. That's very funny to me.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Grasso's a lot loving better than Pena.

That's probably true but they're not fighting each other :shrug:, my point is more that I think the gap between non-complacent Shevchenko and Grasso is similar conceptually to the gap between non-covid Nunes and Pena, but then again father time waits for no-one and Shevchenko is 35 so maybe she just doesn't have it anymore, we'll see.

TheKingslayer posted:

Counterpoint. She lost the fight like a fuckin' dumbass and instant rematches suck.

Can't say anything in this post is wrong.

BlindSite posted:

Make them both fight peirera instead.

I can't tell if you're suggesting they fight Aline Pereira (LFA 1-1 record) or if they should both fight Alex Pereira together in some kind of fight circus type 2 vs 1.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

That's probably true but they're not fighting each other :shrug:, my point is more that I think the gap between non-complacent Shevchenko and Grasso is similar conceptually to the gap between non-covid Nunes and Pena, but then again father time waits for no-one and Shevchenko is 35 so maybe she just doesn't have it anymore, we'll see.

Can't say anything in this post is wrong.

I can't tell if you're suggesting they fight Aline Pereira (LFA 1-1 record) or if they should both fight Alex Pereira together in some kind of fight circus type 2 vs 1.

The latter.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

BlindSite posted:

The latter.

Anybody got a way to contact Jon Nutt?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hey, Arjan Bhullar vs Anatoly Malykhin is finally happening in a few hours! It didn't fall through! Sure, nothing elsewhere in mixed martial arts had to be sacrificed to make this happ--
https://twitter.com/BrMassami/status/1672149517343543296
I swear to christ there are going to be like five vacant titles in next month's thread

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait, I understand not being eligible for the belt but the actual fight outcome is at best a no contest for him, as far as his record? Is that normal over there?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
ONE Friday Mornig fights in 25 minutes or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMocL7IclXk

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

muay thai rules

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that was an awesome fight

coathat
May 21, 2007

Thongpoon rules

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Brut posted:

Wait, I understand not being eligible for the belt but the actual fight outcome is at best a no contest for him, as far as his record? Is that normal over there?

Yeah, Mizuki Inoue has either a no contest or possibly dq loss on her record from a bout in like DEEP Jewels where she won by armbar, but she came in overweight. Because: Japan

coathat
May 21, 2007

The Lumpinee crowd is always so good

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait what? They put their heavyweight MMA championship unification fight on this morning youtube card? That's loving sick hahahaha

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
What did I do to deserve a mid-card heavyweight unification bout on a Friday morning for free on Youtube?

Chatri bless

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
My man is struggling up the steps into the ring :shittypop:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Still shocks me this is going to happen

card's been great so far as usual

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ugh this is a bad time for their audio to start crackling, hope they find the issue

edit: seems like they did.

Brut fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 23, 2023

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bhullar's corner was definitely right -- Malykhin's fading.
Bhullar's been reactive enough leaning away from the mediocre workrate.

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
I don't think Bhullar's plan of wait this out until he's exhausted is going to work.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ring MMA is funny. Wanna see the strike numbers for that one, looked incredibly one sided.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was pretty funny.
Bhullar wanted none of that fight the whole time.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
drat dude got a yellow card for trying to crawl out the ring, never seen that before lol

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

It looked to me like Bhullar was in there for the paycheck. Like see if he could win, but just lose safely if he couldn't do it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The big one belts are supposed to look epic and luxurious but in reality they just make the fighters look tiny

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Brut what the gently caress third belt was he talking about

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
There's only one man who could poke himself outside the ring and get away with it, and that was Sakuraba.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait, he just said he wants to fight at 93kg (which is 205lbs) for a third belt, he...has the LHW belt, what weight is that in ONE? gently caress their weight classes are so confusing.

Also the Russian translator was not ready for that thing about wanting to have a minute of silence for Victoria Lee and Paopom Watcharin

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Brut posted:

Wait, he just said he wants to fight at 93kg (which is 205lbs) for a third belt, he...has the LHW belt, what weight is that in ONE? gently caress their weight classes are so confusing.

Also the Russian translator was not ready for that thing about wanting to have a minute of silence for Victoria Lee and Paopom Watcharin

Seems like he was calling out Rdr again for the middleweight title

pre:
    Heavyweight 	225	265
    Light Heavyweight 205	225
    Middleweight	185	205
    Welterweight	170	185
    Lightweight	155	170
    Featherweight	145	155
    Bantamweight	135	145
    Flyweight	125	135
    Strawweight	115	125
    Atomweight	105	115

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 23, 2023

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Brut what the gently caress third belt was he talking about

Ok well he mostly said it in English so I don't have that much insight (other than using the Russian word for "For" (shto), but I went back to listen again and seems like he started it by saying De Ridder, who looks like is their middleweight(205) champ

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Arjan Bhullar... welcome to the Professional Fighters League

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Muangthai got way too rudimentary after that first knockdown. Sure his brain was scrambled, but going for only desperation body kicks of course just gifted Carillo more catches and return elbows.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Three hundred and fifty... THOUSAND... baht

$10k

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wonder if 10k gets you further in Thailand these days than 50k does in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Brut posted:

Wonder if 10k gets you further in Thailand these days than 50k does in the US.

Looking at GNI figures, no, it'd be like 40k USD. That said, I'm sure it's tricky to figure out price points for a pretty international fighter roster.