Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of June's main events are you most looking forward t--hold on, I've just be
This poll is closed.
Jack Hermansson vs Brendan Allen 2 14.29%
Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Peņa 3 2 14.29%
Basically every single PFL fight previously planned 3 21.43%
I mean, Bhullar vs Malykhin hasn't technically been cancelled yet 7 50.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think ONE needs bigger championship belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a promoter after my own heart. except for the other stuff he does or doesnt do.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

This was from some card in Uzbekistan last year

A giant plate, gun, a clock and smaller guns. .

hell yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

Hey, guess what other person who shouldn't be fighting in August

https://twitter.com/mmamania/status/1665833628847448065

i briefly thought this was the ex islander

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im covering pfl for today at work, is jonathan coachman an espn guy or was pfl tricked into giving him money?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That referee should have his license pulled that was incredibly careless

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Brut posted:

Huh what happened? I saw a weird stoppage for a few seconds where I assumed someone kneed a grounded opponent but then they just kept fighting so I guess not? Otherwise not sure what you're talking about, but I wasn't fully paying attention.

jenkins hit a benoit style german suplex and sank in a choke, dudes arms dropped and his eyes rolled to the back of his head, ref waited three seconds until doing the loving pro wrestling Lift The Arm to check him before stopping it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

do they really call it the playoffs lol

Yes, pfl uses a Season format over a traditional defending champions one. The playoffs are where they determine their season champions.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yahoo's article had a great line

quote:

The incident is McGregor's second known KO since 2016, a span of time in which he has fought only four times in the UFC with one win over the aging Donald Cerrone. McGregor has not fought since a disastrous rematch against Dustin Poirier in which he broke his tibia in the first round.

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

It's incredibly rare that a fighter actually goes out on top, and it's beyond rare that a fighter goes out on top surrounded by their seemingly healthy, well-adjusted family all happily partying with them on their way.

her and georges feel like the only ones to pull it off

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You guys want cursed heres cursed

amanda nunes winning the royal rumble

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

marvin vetorri vs jared cannonier is the most pointless match that will determine nothing that ufc has ever put on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Boco_T posted:

This is the real funniest ONE news of the day
https://twitter.com/beyond_kick/status/1671303263684120578

this is the most one fc thing i've read in a while

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CommonShore posted:

The big one belts are supposed to look epic and luxurious but in reality they just make the fighters look tiny

i love them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah im gonna take the thoughts of a super concussed guy seriously

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ilmucche posted:

was that guy straight up planking when he hit the ground? it looked like his hips bounced because everything in his body was tensed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing_response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

has there been a ufc main event where one of the combatants didn't have a wikipedia page before?

dc vs pat cummins comes to mind but that was a co-main