Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of June's main events are you most looking forward t--hold on, I've just be
This poll is closed.
Jack Hermansson vs Brendan Allen 2 14.29%
Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Peņa 3 2 14.29%
Basically every single PFL fight previously planned 3 21.43%
I mean, Bhullar vs Malykhin hasn't technically been cancelled yet 7 50.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
What did I do to deserve a mid-card heavyweight unification bout on a Friday morning for free on Youtube?

Chatri bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
I don't think Bhullar's plan of wait this out until he's exhausted is going to work.

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
There's only one man who could poke himself outside the ring and get away with it, and that was Sakuraba.

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
The ref in the Sam-A/Prajanchai fight keeps warning them if they're idle for too long. Can you be punished in Muay Thai for stalling or not engaging enough?

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
He kneed Superlek in the rear end

NuclearPotato posted:

That's more ONE rules in general; they heavily discourage passive fighting. You could see that in action during the HW title fight when the ref threw the yellow card at Bhuller for ducking through the ropes.

Ah, I knew they did the whole aggression thing for MMA but didn't realize did it across everything.

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

ilmucche posted:

Bhullar actually fought??

A generous interpretation of his performance, but yeah he did.

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

Eat This Glob posted:

has there been a ufc main event where one of the combatants didn't have a wikipedia page before?

I genuinely hope Anik or Fitzgerald or whomever is calling this fight says this as a statistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

What I wouldn't give to see Strickland go to Rizin for something like this to happen to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9MMRqIG9Z8

Great write up Carl, really puts the current card and state of affairs in perspective.