Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of June's main events are you most looking forward t--hold on, I've just be
This poll is closed.
Jack Hermansson vs Brendan Allen 2 14.29%
Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Peña 3 2 14.29%
Basically every single PFL fight previously planned 3 21.43%
I mean, Bhullar vs Malykhin hasn't technically been cancelled yet 7 50.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i personally liked how he got knocked down and checked the time to see it's only a fifth of the way through, so i knew he was going to get hurt again. jase winning like 300k betting against him was so cathartic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Kragger99 posted:

Dana White wakes up every morning, looks at his beet red reflection the mirror and shouts "DO YOU WANT TO BE A loving rear end in a top hat???!!!"

this made me lol because 'a loving rear end in a top hat' is the genuine, simple truth of dana white.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mate just texted me that bigfoot retired.

he was one half of the greatest sporting experience i've had live when he fought mark hunt the first time. unfortunately 25 minutes of mark hunt punches explains going 1-11 since then and also he will die sooner, because holy poo poo.

he also ko'd travis brown lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

he also beat Fedor in the forgotten Fedor loss fight because unlike the other ones it was between it was just clinical and a mauling. Fedor fans cant explain it away as luck or bad reffing. It was witchcraft.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1667763009748619264?t=

Ngl this is first time in 9yrs watching this hosed up, dumbass sport for morons that a single photo actually made me feel like I might actually cry :qq:

esther lin used to do that to me on the reg. but it is a wonderful photo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

man what she did to cyborg was historic. it's what people waited a decade to see.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mewse posted:

uh shout out to brut because i reported my own post back in april (long story) and he sent me a DM.. i just noticed it was titled "i see you reported your forum enemy"

i have literally always been my own greatest enemy and my history of posting is a tribute to this concept. brut the philosopher.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

I criminally loathe Sean Strickland and want nothing but misery for him, and even I think that matchup is absolute garbage, and I have been thinking about how to write that whole main event that isn't just me saying "gently caress" thirteen hundred times.

Also, uh, about Pitbull's 135-pound debut this weekend:
https://twitter.com/BrMassami/status/1669187150653558784
When you cut so much weight your head is three sizes too big for the rest of your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnpuzOQDREk

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/1669480035151933440?s=20

Hmm i wonder why Dana just announced some big fights

aw sick i don't even care about conor being a monster, again, i get to see one of my favourite fighters executed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

How much does Untouchable’s brother weigh?

no weight divisions in takeshi's castle.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Surprised this doesn't happen more in combat sports
https://twitter.com/GLORY_WS/status/1670177775095873536?s=20

They replaced him with different ref for the rest of the fight

what's the protocol here do they have a backup ref on the air bike ring side they can just sub in?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

BlindSite posted:

You have the ref who does the inspection before they get into the cage as back up.

That makes sense.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i've spent most of my life around combat sports. i for sure thought i at least knew of all the 'geniuses' across fight sports since the 90's. apparently not. today i learned a guy named dany bill exists and he moves completely unlike every other mt / kickboxing dude i've ever seen. crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y5vHnGWTxo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

he's hitting moves you do on the rambunctious new guy to among the greatest to ever do it. repeatedly. yeah my assessment was also pretty legit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Super Deuce posted:

Just let Chandler get fully juiced and hold the fight anyways. Two geared up bombers is what everyone wants from that fight anyways.

My id agrees with this post

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i want to know what the peons felt like watching their emperor fight in the pit at the end of gladiator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Latest in Pereira size comparisons:
https://youtube.com/shorts/r5MUH1j9Wz4?feature=share

Fury is billed as 6'9", but i dunno how accurate that is.

ok yeah he's monstrous. god i hope he has another with what's his name. i've genuinely forgot his name. cte kicking in a bit early. anyway yeah i re-watched it recently and periera was kicking his rear end up until being made unconcious. izzy. gently caress.