Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of June's main events are you most looking forward t--hold on, I've just be
This poll is closed.
Jack Hermansson vs Brendan Allen 2 14.29%
Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Peņa 3 2 14.29%
Basically every single PFL fight previously planned 3 21.43%
I mean, Bhullar vs Malykhin hasn't technically been cancelled yet 7 50.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How is the nevada state athletic commission still such a loving clown show after all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Does being decent not make you something of a freak in our dumb sport?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

How did none of us think of Marlon Moraes?

Since his lost to Cejudo in 2019, he has been finished 6 times.

Cody Garbrandt as well 4 times in 4 years he got slept.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kensei posted:

I figured Dana would close down W145 as soon as I saw her lay down her gloves and belt. Cool way to go out for sure.

W135 could be fun if Valentina decides to jump up too right?

Valentina might not be long for the sport either. While she hasn't spoken about retirement she's 35, has had almost 90 professional fights and turned pro all the way back in 2003 - that's not a typo either - she was 15 fighting grown rear end women and she seemed to be slowing down a little bit in her last couple. She's still good enough to potentially regain her title but I wouldn't be surprised to see her retire soon as well.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/1669940509102559237

These are the reasons heavyweight is the most-loved division.

You only see this kind of technical acumen outside your local bar.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thats the 2nd one in a week I've seen.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

what's the protocol here do they have a backup ref on the air bike ring side they can just sub in?

You have the ref who does the inspection before they get into the cage as back up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Mike Musumeci is either naive or a company man. After seeing him roll with Zuck, I'm leaning the latter

Live by the excuse, die by the excuse is :smith:

Mike musumeci also claims he doesn't eat all day despite training and then goes home and eat pizza and pasta all night and still competes and looks like he does. He's full of poo poo and boot licking.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Make them both fight peirera instead.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

That's probably true but they're not fighting each other :shrug:, my point is more that I think the gap between non-complacent Shevchenko and Grasso is similar conceptually to the gap between non-covid Nunes and Pena, but then again father time waits for no-one and Shevchenko is 35 so maybe she just doesn't have it anymore, we'll see.

Can't say anything in this post is wrong.

I can't tell if you're suggesting they fight Aline Pereira (LFA 1-1 record) or if they should both fight Alex Pereira together in some kind of fight circus type 2 vs 1.

The latter.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah. Jds brain doesn't need any more trauma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GSP famously doesn't go on social media and doesn't read the news. He probably knows Musk makes rockets, electric cars and owns twitter and is friends with his friend Joe Rogan. It doesn't make GSP a bad person because he's not terminally online.