Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of June's main events are you most looking forward t--hold on, I've just be
This poll is closed.
Jack Hermansson vs Brendan Allen 2 14.29%
Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Peņa 3 2 14.29%
Basically every single PFL fight previously planned 3 21.43%
I mean, Bhullar vs Malykhin hasn't technically been cancelled yet 7 50.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

This is the best fight sport series. Really nice to see a corner throw in the towel in MMA, genuinely hope that becomes more and more common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

2. For me my top "cannot watch" is the head slam KO on rose namajunas . Any time that comes up on the TL I scroll right by it.

Yeah that one is high on my list as well. I just remember being really scared that she was gonna have spinal damage. Other than that the first one that comes to mind for me is "Sorry Adam" by Uriah Hall on the ultimate fighter. Like you can see him jazzed and celebrating at first, and then the slow realization that Adam is still down and the room gets really, really quiet, as Uriah becomes more visibly worried and upset.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

cagliostr0 posted:

Sorry this will be a long post but my initial idea turned into MMA/wrestling the aristocrats and after just over an hour of story boarding I think it is ready.

I give you Connor and the oildome: a wrestlehut original

_------------

Connor McGregor finds himself lost in the maze of mathematics not even professor Steiner could solve, trying to figure out how many packets of ramen and Thai blue dick juice flavour prime he could afford with the latest payment from proper 12. Eventually the server takes pity, does the sum for him and hands over one packet of ramen. Connor excited by his new purchase rips open the packing and takes a bite. He frowns, tears open a sachet labelled 'big seasoning - packaged in Langley from internationally sourced ingredients'. He takes another bite, smiles and nods.

Hark, what voice breaks over yonder cell block?

'Connor come fight me you dog'

So it has come, the call to the slaughter of the oildome, mentioned only in hushed tones should the dies irae befall those who mention it. Surely this moment inspired Goya to paint witches flight.

Connor put down his ramen and walked as only he could, a style not unlike an orangutan on his way down the K hole.

He arrives in the cell, steps onto the fighting piest, and immediately starts to tumble, reminiscent of a trampolinist attempting to break the record for simultaneous barrel rolls.

As he spins his feet catch any unrestrained object in the cell, sending them into the same insane spin he embarked upon.

This continues far longer than it should, other prisoners arrive to observe the impromptu show, and from done space beyond time some speculate is the pocket dimension that exists under a pro wrestling ring, Professor ibushi and his foremost expert on the mechanics of spinning collisions with concrete, aerostar, start discussing the possibility of a grand unifying theory of Dr st Piers foundational papers on aliens kidnapping dinosaurs and a man with the power to just get up. With the revelation that gravity isn't real they shake hands and walk off to write what will surely be a Nobel prize winning paper.

As if on que Connor crashes to the ground, every flying object falls on him and he looks down to see his leg now has a third joint. Allowing for the quantum superstate Joe Rogan exists in to always be 7 feet from a bigot clutching a live mic.

'so Connor, a hard loss and a sickening injury. What is next for you'

'i don't lose, the doctor robbed me again. Hey oildome man, your Arian brotherhood leader sneaked into my DMS, he says you don't even get fyad. ----stomper58s wife's

Oildome man looks up as if hearing a voice from the heavens

'it is time my son. Hurgh dangit'

He picks up a dusty and cobwebbed book, seemingly forgotten by time. On the cover it reads 'a farewell to arms. Now with new chapter 'and legs too' by internationally renowned boss of the onsen imanari-san'

As the crowd parts and the sun goes down a rustling can be heard in a forgotten corner. The camera pans to a rat feasting on Connors discarded. The rat turns towards the camera and grins. Even now Dillon danis is living off Connors scraps.
Hah! Connor in the oil dome was my first thought as well. drat shame he is too rich to go to jail. Also, in my sleep addled state, reading this made me remember that half of roidtech is dead :(

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

Boco_T posted:

Here's the link and timestamps for all the ONE Friday Fights bouts today, the only fight that was truly not worth your time was, you guessed it, the heavyweight MMA title fight. Really great show.
https://bocot.substack.com/p/one-friday-fights-22-2023-06-23

Was gonna try and search for this but you provided. Much appreciated

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

Who's watching TUF? Does it look like Conor's slimmed down since his off-testing peak?

https://youtube.com/shorts/68vdRCF27s8

Steroid Connor gassing out just from yelling