Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of June's main events are you most looking forward t--hold on, I've just be
This poll is closed.
Jack Hermansson vs Brendan Allen 2 14.29%
Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Peņa 3 2 14.29%
Basically every single PFL fight previously planned 3 21.43%
I mean, Bhullar vs Malykhin hasn't technically been cancelled yet 7 50.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes, getting ko'd over 5 fights in less than 4 years is actually quite normal and not any different than everyone else who was doing it such as ________________

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

It's three years and ten months between the Rockhold fight and the Reyes fight, and I would say taking five knockouts in under four years is less common than you think. It's pretty rare for a fighter to even GET five knockout losses in the UFC without having a real long tenure, and most of them are guys like Arlovski and Cerrone and Struve who spread them out over years. I'm pretty sure Bigfoot took as many or more knockouts in as short a period of time, and the result was the UFC releasing him and his continuing to fight being looked at as one of the most shameful scandals in the sport.

Also, fun fact I found while double-checking the concussion reports after the Mousasi fight: Weidman also says he got concussed in the Machida fight and has no memory of the last two rounds. So it's actually even worse than I thought, which makes me feel good about our sport.

jfyi it took bigfoot 5 1/2 years to get KO'd 6 times and everyone was screaming for him to retire for his own good

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Digital Jedi posted:

How are you counting that?

From 2011-2022 he was finished 11 times.
From 2011-2016 he was finished 8 times.
From 2011-2015 he was finished 6 times.

His last 11 finished losses are
9/10/2011
5/26/2012
5/25/2013
9/13/2014
2/22/2015
11/14/2015
5/8/2016
9/24/2016
6/2/2017
6/13/2021
6/24/2022

I'm going off Tapology so I don't know if it's a clean 1 punch KO or just TKO, they don't list that difference most of the time.

I was starting with the fight after Soa Palelei but you're right, he had 2 more KO losses less than 2 years prior.

half of his 12 KO losses were in that final span in the UFC the past 7 or so years which was also right around the same time as the Weidman KOs which was what the comparison was about.