Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of June's main events are you most looking forward t--hold on, I've just be
This poll is closed.
Jack Hermansson vs Brendan Allen 2 14.29%
Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Peña 3 2 14.29%
Basically every single PFL fight previously planned 3 21.43%
I mean, Bhullar vs Malykhin hasn't technically been cancelled yet 7 50.00%
Total: 14 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bigfoot was also KOed twice in non-MMA sports in that time, in 2017 and 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/PFLMMA/status/1666998026395856897

Eeh doesn't look that bad to me. He was fully out for maybe a second.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'd rather see them keep w145 if for no other reason than it will take pressure off of weight cutting in all women's divisions. Let the division get its feet under it without the heavy pressure of a dominant, scary champ up there. Make a champ, put money on being champ, and fighters will follow.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sean Strickland is a mediocre fighter, a worse entertainer, and a lovely person. His fights are only entertaining if he loses in funny ways, but he gets main event spots because he says things that Dana thinks are cool. Nothing more needs to be said.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

he should have been sent to jail years ago. This poo poo just keeps piling up. This is what, the tenth allegation against him?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Faustian Bargain posted:

max called out zombie after beating arnold and zombie wants to fight him. what’s the issue?

Normally you don't have the #2 guy fighting a guy who is 2-2 in his last 4, with -2 being extremely lopsided losses against top guys, and who has only 1 win over a currently ranked fighter in the division, especially when that guy has been making noise about retirement. It's going to be a one-sided beatng

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dom Cruz would be a good fight, weight class be damned. There must be some other post-peak late career featherweight or smaller lightweight who we don't want to be sad about.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

But I'm also a fan of fighters retiring before things get sad

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

blue footed boobie posted:

I know we all hate Conor and victim blaming is bad, but it does seem as though the lawyer who sent the letter is a non-prominent solo practitioner who is being investigated for bribing a witness, so it might be better to start taking these accusations with the some grain of salt.

Don't start this.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah that was my response to the statement too, which is why I posted on the last page or so that I don’t think Conor will be able to get out of this, but a lawyer bribing a witness does set off some alarm bells for me. Anyway it’s clear from the immediate responses that we can’t discuss this rationally, so

I would have ignored this but for the bolded part, so I'm clarifying my previous "don't do this" post.

You're not the facts and logic person in this situation. You're just saying some poo poo. Despite hand wringing to the contrary, the incidence of false rape accusations is vanishingly small, and the conviction rate is so atrocious because people trip over themselves to pick apart any little flaw in a victim's statement. Those "observations" get repeated until the public discourse is poisoned against the victim, and in high-profile cases this just often leads to victims settling to make the harassment go away. This then makes future victims less likely to come forward. The worst part is that it's extremely common for victimized and traumatized people to have inconsistencies in the details of their stories, because brains aren't good at recording details under that kind of stress, so their trauma makes them more likely to be the target of this kind of scrutiny.

You may have not realized that's what you're doing, but that's a consequence of the discussion that you're adding weight to.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

jimmy ambriz lookin motherfucker

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The big one belts are supposed to look epic and luxurious but in reality they just make the fighters look tiny

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Brut what the gently caress third belt was he talking about

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

GSP has been hawking liver king supps and various primal lifestyle poo poo for like 2 years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

MMA July: gently caress all of these ppl