Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Will be interested to see how Postecoglou gets on at Spurs, he’s won titles in Australia and Japan with pretty unfancied teams so there’s clearly something there.

His time as Australia coach was a bit mixed: we loving sucked at the 2014 World Cup with him in charge (though he was phasing out the Golden Generation, plus we were drawn with Spain, Netherlands and Chile), but then we won the 2015 Asian Cup and qualified for the 2018 WC though he left before the actual tournament for some reason.

Feel like he’s definitely a better manager than Gerrard, but it’s also a challenging time to take over Spurs, particularly if Kane leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I’ve not watched a ton of United games this year so perhaps y’all mancs can enlighten me, but is De Gea really that bad? Like, I know he has howlers occasionally since they make the rounds in highlights and social media, but he just won the golden glove. Seems like a bit of past bias playing into the current moment unless Varane and the back line have actually been that monumental in United’s fortunes this year (again, haven’t watched very much)

He’s a pretty drat good shot stopper, still one of the best in the league imo
But..
He can’t play out from the back
His long kicking isn’t great
He can’t sweep
He’s not good in the air
He doesn’t command the box
His penalty record is atrocious- that one he stopped from Mitrovic a few weeks back was I think his first in the league for like 9 years
I think he led the league this season in mistakes leading directly to a goal

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Saudi and China feel like they have/had totally different end goals in mind though. China had said they wanted to be a global force with a strong national team etc etc, and one way to do that was bring in top foreign players, coaches and administrators to Chinese clubs, who can help in developing local talent and thus improving the league’s quality, and therefore the national side too.

Saudi just seems to be throwing squillions at aging superstars like Ronaldo, Benzema, probably Messi and Neymar too so that I dunno, people spend money to watch? The world’s best over-35s league? Be impressed by the glorious House of Saud? It’s not really clear to me.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Proper cursed choice that, do you want to live in Florida or Saudi Arabia

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Antony did that cool spin move that made a lot of Proper Football Men very mad and that makes him a success imo

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Thought he would've signed for Forest tbh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

lmao 700 million euros for one season

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

It’s not a proper saga until someone posts a flight tracker

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Not bold yet but apparently Fred has been sold to Fenerbahce for €10m

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-fred-transfer-fenerbahce-27506977.amp

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

He's not worth 70-whatever mil, but he's remade himself into a p good keeper. Add in that Tommy Tooks knows him already and how well buying Chelsea's last keeper went for Real and, while I'm not saying it makes objective sense, you can see why it's shaking out that way, since who else is near that good and isn't a team's solid #1?

David de Gea is available!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Jungs, es ist Bayern

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

literally the negotiating strategy that brought Fellaini to Man United

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Hazard scored the same number of goals in three seasons as Bellingham has scored in three games

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

another fantastic shop from fabrizio's little brother

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1698688209490780310

Friendship ended with Tottenham
Now Galatasary is my best friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I’m gunna see your left knee wrench
One more midfielder on the bench
I’ll never fix your ligament
You’re getting sent on loan to Lens