Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Okay so maybe Messi isn't *in his prime!* But if it's a 2 year contract, his age will be a prime number during it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Decent rotation option for Martinelli I guess?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

notaspy posted:

I just don't get that guy. What does he do?

He kicks footballs for big teams. And Chelsea.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

We've also got one of, if not the, highest match day earnings in the league due to a combination of London prices and a shitload of corporate boxes and an entire premium "club level" tier between the upper and lower stands. Now the stadium is pretty much paid off (or at least not a major expense) we're sitting pretty financially.

Especially now all the stupid late Wenger era megaearners are gone.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

TheRat posted:

Think you're around the same as tottenham/liverpool but a fair margin behind man utd

Yeah for a while I know it was #1 but it looks like others have upped their ripoff game and managed to catch or surpass us. Still a good chunk of change though.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

kri kri posted:

gently caress yeah, probably the most important one after saka

Third most important behind Saka and Mmmbop on precontract for next summer surely?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

if Harry Kane is on the market for £100m at age 29 then there's no reason that Mbappe would be any less than that at 24

for point of reference, Forest are apparently in for £15m for Anthony Elanga, a player who scored zero goals last season (to replace Jesse Lingard, who also scored zero goals last season)

The big difference is that Mbop isn't just due a huge signing on fee if he waits an extra year, but also misses out on a huge loyalty bonus. I'd fully expect him to expect his next club to make up for that on his signing on fee. That'll in turn limit the fee they'll pay. Equally for PSG, letting him go for any fee now literally saves them paying that to him and then losing him on a free anyway. So they can practically consider that part of the fee.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

it's one year, he'll get a private jet to let him do donuts over paris during the week, and he can buy arsenal afterwards to get fully on board with artetas brain/heart philosophy

do it kylian, reveal football for the wretched beast it has become

He'll still be less rich than future Arse owner Matty Flamini. Flamini - Arteta - Edu is the eventual center m... Uh ownership and leadership structure of this great club.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Mum, can we get a Haaland?

Nope. We've got a Hojlund at home.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

I love Ramsdale, but with 88 goals scored last season I don't think an out and out goalscorer was our big weakness. However we did concede far too many goals. If we can get a better shot stopper who's equal or better with his feet it's a no brainer. Even if just to give him some real competition for a year or two to try to get some growth.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

mila kunis posted:

im glad that arsenal dont want to buy a striker that scores goals

Strikers who score goals are so last year. Welcome to the 'Tetball era

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

So I guess Golden Glove winning keeper DeGea was the best keeper in the premiership last year?

Emi has been successful and is a good keeper, but doesn't suit the Arsenal style of play. Rams was a definite upgrade for Arse over Leno or Emi. And Raya is a marginal upgrade on Ramsdale which will hopefully push both of them on to be better keepers.

Plus it'll give us the best goalkeeper depth in the league. One less position where an apocalyptic I jury could totally destroy our season.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

sourdough posted:

lol yeah I was thinking let trossard run around up top next time jesus is injured. I have vague memories of him playing there once or twice last season but don't remember how he did or if I imagined it altogether.

He played a few games up top at the tail end of the season and looked pretty decent. He's a better straight replacement for Jesus than Eddie is, as he actually creates for other people and improves the team while Eddie either scores or just stinks everything up. I'm really not a fan.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

I'm kinda hoping he becomes their still Danish Lord Bendtner.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

I hope they've all got 15-20% pay rises baked in, and that Boehly was too stupid to remember what compounding cam do, while wages remain flat.

10 or so million pound a week wasteman who haven't improved since their wonderkid days will be hilarious.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

He scored almost as many goals as Lacazette.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

but some 'beto' news for everton fans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton

e. £30m is a snip for someone ranked in the top 50% of strikers across Europe's top five leagues in the past 12 months for non-penalty goals pause

It'll be tough, replacing Richarlison's goals!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

apparently fati to spurs on loan is very real lol

They are loaning Kalvin Phillips?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

hermyownee posted:

Ah but the scouse sun sets like 10 minutes earlier in winter vs london.

I think you'll find the sun is banned in Liverpool.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

This news about Sancho being involved with a bad crowd and Ten Hag sending him to train in Holland for a bit last winter to get away from it, reminds me of Ravel Morrison.

Sancho's crowd are just kinda bad at FIFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Thought that was Jude Bellingham for a second

Who's also still in a fraud league.

To be honest, if you aren't playing in England or Saudi Arabia, does it even count as proper football?