Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

TheRat posted:

Dude could have gone back to Barcelona and been a legend/hero, instead he chose american money.

Lol he's literally a legend/ hero there already, probably their greatest ever. Anyone would snap up that money in a heartbeat. Tbh 90% of people would probably take the bigger Saudi payout in the same situation.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

TheRat posted:

Anyone who needs money, yes. Dude's already got more money than he and his children can ever spend.

You'd turn down hundreds of millions of dollars even if you already had half a billion to play a bit of footy for a couple of years?

No one is doing that.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

TheRat posted:

Plenty of people are doing that. For instance, Lionel Messi just did that.

Turning down the Saudi money to still get hundreds of millions from America isn't quite the same thing. Somehow don't think his legacy or hero status at Barca is affected either.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 7, 2023

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm not sure I want Havertz

I 100% do not want him. We already have a non prolific striker in Jesus.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

tbp posted:

why tf are arsenal paying so much for havertz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvxlWMA5gJg

This video gave me a bit more of a clue why Arteta might want him, playing him as almost a second striker that flows back and forth from the midfield. I'm not sold on him but there were many times last season where we just couldn't unlock defences so an extra option is nice. Him and Odegaard playing just outside the box and Zinchenko coming inside to add an extra body in the centre could work.

Regardless we need more squad depth and Nketiah is not good enough. Whether Havertz is it I don't know.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Typical Arsenal. Does show naivety when they must know there was a good chance more wealthy clubs, especially City were likely to be interested in Rice and yet as always we submitted a bid well below asking price and take the piss upping it bit by bit. Only real chance we have of getting Rice now is if he is adamant he wants to stay in London.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

greazeball posted:

None of these loving tweets load, what's happening now?

Hopefully the death of twitter

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Just saw this on BBC gossip:

quote:

Tottenham have made England forward Harry Kane, 30, an offer to remain with the club that would hugely improve his current £200-a-week salary. (Guardian)

No wonder he wants to leave.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 6, 2023

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

mila kunis posted:

levy absolutely is the kind of oval office to lose kane on a free next year rather than lose a single pound on the fee he wants this year

Yeah but he completely squandered the 80m for Bale and I would love him to do the same again

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Believe it when I see it but if so he's a better man than me. That or he's holding out for more lol.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Zero respect for Henderson after all his supposed support. Really only way he could redeem himself even a fraction is if afterwards he donates a massive chunk of the money to LGBT charities.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Arsenal are not signing Raya. No way we'd just give up on Ramsdale like that and no way we're benching him which will gently caress up his development. Also no way Raya would join Arsenal to be a number 2. Silly rumour all around really. Matt Turner should get at least a chance in the starting 11 if Arteta is trying to kick Ramsdale up the arse for making stupid mistakes.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 30, 2023

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

If Arteta is so fed up with Ramsdale I dont want Ramsdale on the bench and hindering his development. So, Raya to Arsenal as #1, Ramsdale on 2 year loan to Brentford, facing a million shots a game, until he levels up and comes back to usurp and destroy his nemesis Raya. Arteta sign me up.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Considering how poor Nketiah is looking today (and in general), Balogun is likely gone and Jesus has this injury, I'm quite worried about Arsenal's attack next season.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

We need you posting that Eddie is poo poo whenever he's playing

Haha, happily, 1 goal does not remove his shitiness though (he'll get 2 now)

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

Honestly I thought he was an acceptable stand-in for Jesus after he blew his knee up - I was at the West Ham game at Christmas and he looked fine, but it's inconsistent and really we can't afford to miss chances at the rate we seem to be doing.

I dont think he's good enough back up for a title challenging team honestly, he's like Welbeck level or something like that. Really and this maybe is harsh to Jesus but Jesus imo should be the backup to a more clinical striker. We need consistency, Jesus is both too injury prone and also disappears at times, and Nketiah has the odd hot streak then provides nothing and you might as well just put Martinelli up front.

I can't see it happening this window (unless Jesus is broken) but I could see us splashing big for a proper class striker soon, either Jan or next summer.

I actually think Trossard is our second best striker lol

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

I imagine Spurs wouldn't have let him due to missing out on the cash but Kane should have just toughed it out for another year and then signed for any big Prem club on a free to get the goal record and also maybe win a trophy people care about (sorry Germans :smug:)

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Perfect. I didn't want to sign him for £30 mil now. We could both spend that money elsewhere and also it would be a nail in Ramsdale's coffin. This gives Ramsdale a year to actually prove himself and also keeps him on his toes which he needs. Fantastic bit of business.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

kri kri posted:

He won’t

Just gotta score less than 20 a season for 3 seasons, easy

edit: by going to some other prem club of course

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 10, 2023

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Surely a red?

edit: whoops wrong thread

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 11, 2023

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Ulio posted:

Alisson apparently being approached by Saudi clubs. I don't think Liverpool will be able to get both a DM and a world class GK if that happens.

That's ok, they can give Arsenal 100 million for either Ramsdale or Raya next season

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Maguire's been on the phone with the Saudis

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

UnderFreddy posted:

eddie is much better than balogun, so it's not shocking that arteta wants to keep the former and not the latter.

"Much better" is a big stretch. Nketiah has proven he can score a couple of goals in the prem but otherwise he's pretty bad if you watch him week after week. Balogun wasnt given a chance because 1) he doesnt want to be backup to Jesus which Nketiah is happy to be because he knows his level and 2) Arsenal likely need to bring in a bit of money after spending a ton and Arteta has said his squad is much too big.

Edit: A big problem with Eddie and why he isnt great imo, is if you're going to be the type of striker that doesnt enable other players, you need to be clinical, and he is 100% not that. Jesus is also not clinical, but he's a different type of striker, he scores sometimes but he also creates a bunch, and you see that with Martinelli who plays incredibly well with Jesus feeding him and others chances unlike the games with Nketiah. So yea, if you're going to have a more traditional striker, you really need someone who can put away a good percentage of those chances. I would have loved to see Balogun at least given a run in preseason to see if he could be that but Arteta knew Jesus was going to start and Balogun would not be happy on the bench so hence why he's off.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Smart business, they dont need Bailly when all of their defenders are injured and they're using Maguire and Evans