Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Just what Chelsea were missing. A midfielder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

sebzilla posted:

They're signing Rafael?

Why not, he's the leader of the group, transformed from the norm by the nuclear goop.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

This isn't the way I was expecting Arsenal to meltdown but I'm here for it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

funkybottoms posted:

conte to arsenal please

I like the way you think op.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Chelsea have solved their striker problem by *checks notes* buying yet another midfielder who has scored 0 (zero) times for France in 34 attempts.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I too, am convinced Declan Rice would rather go out in the CL group stages and then play out his career in the Europa Conference League than join the reigning CL champions.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the sex ghost posted:

Loftus-Cheek has gone to Milan for £15m which seems crazily low. Not sure about the Chelsea strategy of selling players for low amounts and buying them for high amounts

It turns out if you're desperate as gently caress to sell someone, anyone, people offer you less for them.

Not sure how Chelsea could have foreseen the invention of supply side economics tbh.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

an_mutt posted:

Sounds like an NXT trainee

And he'll play about a many minutes for the first team as one.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nothing says ambition like selling anyone who showed any life at all last season to direct rivals.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

kri kri posted:

Doing a youtubes comp myself

I'm pre-writing the article about his season ending injury to save a bit of time.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That's gotta knock your confidence as a player, when the loving Saudis try to negotiate the fee.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I don't know what my price for going to Saud would be but it is a lot less than that.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Simiain posted:

lol at the idea of Gerrard poring over scouting reports, staying up all night watching video analysis and watching anyone live.

Also lol at the idea of the entire recruitment process being "I saw him play 8 years ago and I presume nothing has changed since".

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nuclear Spoon posted:

we have signed messi 2 based on like three posts i've read about this guy who i learned about 10 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1687226278917660672

also

What do they mean "Another" top club?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

notaspy posted:

Why are you disrespecting future Euros Winner Harry Kane?

You can't actually transfer international team OP.

harperdc posted:

The league? Spurs can’t even win a cup, Kane has won nothing so far, let’s not get too silly here.

I’m indifferent at “failing” at Bayern but watching Spurs go around like a sailor on shore leave buying up binmen? Always hilarious.

It's like the Audi cup means nothing to you.

Or me.

Or Anyone..

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Bayern somehow losing 4 straight titles would be the best outcome from this, I think we can all agree that.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 11, 2023

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I can’t wait until Chelsea are so hosed on FFP they have to fire sale their squad

I'm so confused because at the end of the season that's what I thought was already happening.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Eric Cantonese posted:

City has a sell-on clause too, which is another incentive for Southampton to push the price up.

Anyway, this might all be moot. I've seen reports saying Lavia wants to go to Chelsea now too.

https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/status/1690848401477246976

That seems like a fitting end to this whole farce.

Meanwhile, John Henry looks set to make the most futile step possible...

https://twitter.com/FelixJohnston_/status/1691031102213795840

Awfully small time to think Chelsea are your competition.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Could have sworn he'd already left Chelsea.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Assuming you're kidding yourself you're competing with City, paying £53m for a guy that was dumped by City after playing 2 games feels like an error.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

How does FFP deal with paying players out the rest of their deal to gently caress off anyway?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Thanks Ants posted:

I read that very quickly and thought it says "joins Albion for life", FFP rules taking things back to feudalism

Very clever, amortise his fee over infinite years meaning he costs £0 (zero).

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

hadji murad posted:

Would be nice if Chelsea used some of their academy players instead of buying others.

Brighton is just another name for "Chelsea Academy" OP.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

At this point I'm on the verge of "Mods rename me "Academy Firesale"".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

sebzilla posted:

It's times like these you wish you had a better knowledge of Foo Fighters song titles. My poor brain just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, Chelsea fans will be up in arms when their players wind up spending everlong on the mend when they're trying to breakout of midtable mediocrity. Monkey wrench.

At this point Chelsea aspire to mid-table mediocrity.