Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

Watching Bayern will be very interesting this transfer season imo

Unlike during the season ha ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Saudi league exodus is definitely the same as the Chinese league one except the money is real this time and it probably wont run out nearly as quickly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It’s supposedly twice what he’s making at Milan. I’m real disappointed with this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This, he’s quite good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

Is tonali good? Don't think I've seen him play

He's a good link between the defense and the offense in midfield. At Milan he's partnered with Bennacer, who is more of the playmaker, so Tonali is left to do the dirty work. He's an excellent tackler and good at recovery in general. Going forward he's not going to be making insane long passes but he positions himself to make or finish offensive moves - he's go the second most assists on the team this season. He's physical and he's safe on the ball most of the time.

In short he's quite good. Is he 80 million Euros good, probably not, but when dealing with infinite money I guess it doesn't matter.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:negative:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Handanovic had become a liability on the pitch in the past few years. Seems like a nice enough guy and I hope he goes back to Slovenia to play another year or retires comfortably.

Also I hope Inter have to call up their youth team goalkeeper or something.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 12, 2023

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

FullLeatherJacket posted:

lmao apparently after spending a year talking about how much he loves Inter and being an Inter player and planning to stay there forever (despite not actually being employed by Inter) Lukaku is now in talks with Juve and not responding to calls from Inter's management

it turns out he just really hated the chels and loved the bag, and that's very relatable

Juve don’t have money to spend and need to sell vlahovic Or Chiesa to buy another striker so I think he’s off to whoever he decides is his next boyhood club. Apparently Inter had everything ready to go with Chelsea but Lukaku himself wouldn’t agree and Inter backed out.

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

hadji murad posted:

Inter kept lowballing Chelsea.

It would have been funny if Chelsea accepted then this story came out after the deal was done.

Now I want to see the Inter reaction, they were after him until yesterday and now the fact that he was talking to Juve before the CL final came out.

Great stuff.

The Italian papers are saying he and his agent had a gigantic falling out with the ownership in the past few days due to him being shopped around to various clubs while inter have been trying to pull a deal that was mostly contingent on selling Onana. I’m sure most of this is made up and the easy answer is that everyone involved is a oval office.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

This may be a controversial hot take but I think this whole Saudi buying football thing sucks!!!

In transfer news, Kim Min-Jae has gone from Napoli to Bayern. He looked immense in Napoli’s defense in every game I watched, so seems like a big loss for them. But someone who watches Serie A way more than I do can probably comment better/tell me I’m wrong.

He's very good and he's fuckin massive so he should do just fine. Would've gone for a lot more if the clause in his contract wasn't there.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Pulisic had 2 assists against a newly promoted Serie C side today so I think we can say that he is the signing of the summer and he's always been insanely good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

PSG have accepted the bid. Lol.

Why shouldn’t they? It’s up to Mbappe anyway since he’s in charge. PSG should just be figuring out how much money they can extract from this since he wants to gently caress off anyway.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I bet De Laurentiis has a ceiling but I wonder if Osimhen would accept it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I’m pretty surprised there hasn’t been more interest in Kvara. Expected a lot of teams to go after him given how monumental he was to Napoli’s success.

Tapered off a bit after they had sealed the title and looked pretty ordinary in the last few weeks of the season. Its not that he didn’t earn that right, but I bet that has a lot to do with it. Was only good for one of the CL matches against Milan as well.

As for Hojlund, I also think that’s way too much. I didn’t even know he was at Atalanta until the last 9 or 10 match days of the season and even then he only looked like a big time player for a few games, largely against mid or lower level opposition. He did have a fairly long hot streak though, and that’s what got everyone’s attention.

Maybe he’s very good, but that is a big gamble. Atalantas owners have been pretty good at flipping their teams for years now, and United’s seem desperate or stupid a lot of the time so I guess it fits.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

He's winning the Euros next year, op

I don’t think they can grant him citizenship that quickly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ulio posted:

Looks like Villa are getting Zaniolo ex Roma player, he can kinda play everywhere in the front so I wonder if he is a reaction to Buendia injury.

He'll get injured in the first 2 matches if not the first 2 minutes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Frankston posted:

Nicolò Zaniolo to Villa (on a loan to buy) is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1692617013011640450

He’s going to get injured in the first match and then found in the men’s room of Birmingham’s finest nightlife establishment covered in half done lines of ketamine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This will be a total waste for him, the revs and Chelsea. Well maybe not for Petrovic since he’ll be getting paid a lot to show up to training til he gets sent to Blegum or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Chukwueze can't get a game over Pulisic currently lol