Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Xabi posted:

The best season is here and I’m snacking my lips. Alexis “Big” Mac Allister is the type of midfielder Jude Bellingham would’ve wanted to become and, hell, I am excited.

He’s won more World Cups than Bellingham ever will so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I’ve not watched a ton of United games this year so perhaps y’all mancs can enlighten me, but is De Gea really that bad? Like, I know he has howlers occasionally since they make the rounds in highlights and social media, but he just won the golden glove. Seems like a bit of past bias playing into the current moment unless Varane and the back line have actually been that monumental in United’s fortunes this year (again, haven’t watched very much)

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ah, so Saudi Arabia truly has replaced China as the "throw a ton of money at old footballers to have them come play in our poo poo league" country.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Until Saudi Arabia offers him 500m a season to kick it with Ronald

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

It’s been kind of in the back of my mind that the current crop of players in their prime late 20’s- early 30’s haven’t really produced as many top, top players as other generations*, so I wonder if we’ll see other top clubs invest in youth.

* I haven’t actually thought too hard about this and I’m sure it can be partially refuted through googling and effort posts so please don’t @ me.

I get what you're saying. I think part of that is because of how utterly dominant Messi and Ronaldo were. Neymar is probably one of the best players of that late-20s, early-30s demo that you mentioned, but even so, his entire career has been played in the shadows of those other two.

Mbappe is the obvious heir to the throne of Best Player in the WorldTM, but it'll be fun to watch how the careers of Vini Jr., Bellingham, Haaland, and some others I'm probably forgetting blossom, and if any of them can pip him for that crown.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Holding the shirt like someone wiped their arse with it seconds before going on camera is my favourite new signing move

perfected by Anelka at WBA

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ordering my Mbappe LFC kit as we speak

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

They’re both poo poo

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

list of free agents:

Roberto Firmino, David De Gea, Adama Traore, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jesse Lingard, Angel Di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Juan Cuadrado, Sead Kolasinac, Ross Barkley, Stephen El Shaarawy, Sergio Ramos, Daley Blind, Aaron Ramsey, Matt Doherty, Eden Hazard, Jonathan Bamba, Daichi Kamada, Radamel Falcao, Samir Handanovic, Danilo D'Ambrosio, Jerome Boeteng

Aka list of players soon to be kicking it in the deserts of Saudi Arabia

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

greazeball posted:

None of these loving tweets load, what's happening now?

As of last week, you need to have a Twitter account to actually see tweets on Twitter. Also, there’s now daily limits on how many tweets you can view per day even if you have a Twitter account.

Embeds should still work though, or at least they do for me, a non-twitter haver.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

This may be a controversial hot take but I think this whole Saudi buying football thing sucks!!!

In transfer news, Kim Min-Jae has gone from Napoli to Bayern. He looked immense in Napoli’s defense in every game I watched, so seems like a big loss for them. But someone who watches Serie A way more than I do can probably comment better/tell me I’m wrong.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 20, 2023

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I don't think blatant homophobia can really be considered trolling

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ulio posted:

Well they got offers for Osimhen and rumors are that Newcastle bid for Kvara which I assume is true since they were looking for a winger but settled for Harvey Barnes.

I’m pretty surprised there hasn’t been more interest in Kvara. Expected a lot of teams to go after him given how monumental he was to Napoli’s success.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol where the gently caress did £110m come from

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

TheRat posted:

It's remarkable how much funnier this shite is when it doesn't involve your club.

I mean, if you don’t take this poo poo too seriously, then it’s also funny when it does involve your club.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

There’s still like 3 weeks of the window left so this’ll only get sillier lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I somehow completely missed that Mendy hosed off to Saud, but I guess Kepa did pip him for first choice last year

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol wrong thread

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

60m for a promising but raw 19 year old from last season’s worst team seems uhhhhhhh not ideal

But hey it’s not my money

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

He's a home groaner, spent a few seasons in City's youth team, that'll tack on a few million.

Ah forgot about the old homegrown tax

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

The player who has scored the most Chelsea goals since Mason Mount's debut is Mason Mount.

Lol now there’s some advanced stats

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Done Deal

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1692501162702831676?s=20

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I would be incredibly sad if Mo left but drat that is a ton of money, both for Liverpool and for him personally

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol Ten Hag really doesn’t wanna play Maguire, huh