Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Thankfully not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is declan rice truly worth 1.05 grealishes?

Yes.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

He played a lot more games than I thought last season so there must still be a bit of juice left.

Ohh gently caress, he's not been back on the webcam has he?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

PSG have accepted the bid. Lol.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

There was talk of a bid a few weeks back but the club came out and immediately said he wasn't for sale.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

sebzilla posted:

For real though it's a weird transfer, yeah he'll probably win the Bundesliga a few times but I don't think it'll enhance his rep in this country particularly, might as well go to PSG.

Yeah, he'll just get paid more, win a few trophies/medals, go deep into the Champions League and play for a club that's not a punchline. Why bother?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/status/1691378913602150400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Anyone know which player this is?

quote:

In the early 2000s, a future England international had a clause in his deal that every time he played a certain number of games (believed to be between 10 and 15), his salary quadrupled. The club had forgotten about it though and, having allowed it to roll on unabated, did not have the money to stump up.

The agent used it to his client’s advantage by compromising with the club and having them agree to commit to a release fee of around a tenth of his true value instead, which saw him win a big move.

https://theathletic.com/4798862/2023/08/31/football-transfers-buy-back-release-clauses/