Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Always skip the "comedy" sketches they do. They're almost never funny and the minutes of build-up about how they got them off the dark web are excruciating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nine-gear crow posted:

I don't think anything is going to ever steal Shadow Moon's crown for just how weird and awful and hateful it was just over all. Maybe Bob Honey?

Bob Honey was mercifully short.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yes, that obscure property Star Wars was completely forgotten in the early 90s.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nine-gear crow posted:

I feel like there's been a few "Mike meets a famous person and pisses them off somehow" stories over the year on 372 Pages.

It just feels like it's an unintentionally recurring bit.

Like pissing off Lloyd Bridges just because his name was Mike Nelson.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The first 30 minutes or so of this episode have me convinced that Mike and Connor have never owned a large and energetic dog before. Because yes those dogs will sit on your bed and shake it until you wake up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jeeves posted:

Just drink it in, it is part of the charm.

It's not charming at all though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jeeves posted:

Just a reminder that there are people who out there that hate the host sketch segments of MST3K

Those rarely ran themselves into the ground with the regularity of the 372 sketches. Also they didn't come with several minutes of painfully-forced introductory improv playing up some dumb conceit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MassRafTer posted:

I do not understand a single thing that is going on in the new book.

Anime. It's a guy trying to write his own shonen superhero anime. It's why the girl punches him all the time, that's a stock thing that happens in anime.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MassRafTer posted:

Sick, Mike and I are on the same level of understanding then.

The funny thing is that it's pretty much just as incomprehensible even if you know what he's trying to write or what his inspirations are.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I do have to say it's one of the only pieces of media that actually feels dreamlike, or at least like the dreams I have*. And by that I mean that there's sort of a throughline of events but everything is disjointed, locations and motivations completely change with no warning or reason, random things happen that are never resolved and immediately forgotten, and they're incredibly boring to describe. Oh and sometimes I die and immediately get better.

I haven't ever dreamed of becoming a panther-griffon who marries a 13 year old, thank God.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 23, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mordja posted:

Do you dream of every breakfast, lunch, and dinner you've ever eaten, at least?

No, oddly enough.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nine-gear crow posted:

These characters as-written feel like they should be in their 20s or 30s. Especially with the constant talk of consummating their marriage, and how he wants to wait until their of age, and then you realize she's 13 :yikes:

It's why I'm convinced the dude who wrote this crap has watched a lot of trash-tier fantasy/sci-fi shonen anime. Those series are full of plots about random teenagers suddenly becoming members of absurdly powerful organizations involved in wars that will determine the fate of the universe.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean right at the start he used the phrase "yuck someone's yum" so this is going to be a long, hard road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mordja posted:

This episode actually made me consider for the first time that Cline actually might have been a big fan of MST3K and I wonder if he knows how much Mike makes fun of his books.

I hope so.