Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

It does seem like Artemis is them getting back to form, which makes sense since it is so close to Ernest Cline in style. I recall reading a bit of The Martian and while it was clearly written by someone knowledgeable who did their research, it was also just as insufferable as this book.

The worst episodes for me, I think, were Moon People. I barely recall anything of that one except the Halloween launch day making people superstitious.

Has anyone actually read along? I finally read Eye of Argon since they were covering it, but nothing else (although I did read Dracula after they did LotWW).

(...said the robot pimp disdainfully.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

John Scalzi has definitely written some better stuff than that. I think the Kline conspiracy theory is only around because everyone's trying to imitate that style, given how popular it was.

I've always hoped 372 would do The Starlight Barking (sequel to 101 Dalmatians).

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

hey guess what the next book is

Wow, I just saw the update. I didn't even suggest it to them, just was hoping for it.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

They do have some funny jokes in there, but take too long to get to them. Or it's something where they've done it to death (e.g. it was only amusing the first few times they escalated the 'paying the actors' bit) and it just needs to stop. I can see if someone doesn't find the jokes funny at all it'd feel even more interminable.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I don't think Tyra Banks has any other (fiction) books; I'm sure she has a memoir/self-help or something, though probably not the same author as Modelland.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'm a bit behind on this, so just finished Teen Archaeologists. I only realized after listening to the entirety of the third episode that I had completely missed the second episode. Having a completely new set of characters and situations was completely unsurprising to me; about all I noticed was that Mike & Conor seemed to be more familiar with Isabella than I would've thought, but I chalked it down to them having actually read the book.

MassRafTer posted:

I forgot I ordered a copy of the Super Constitution Remix "How to Revive the Middle Class" so yesterday I open my mailbox to find a package from Top Wholesale Jewel that felt like a book was inside and I was really confused.

But was it signed by the author himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I do feel a little less comfortable about this book, given the author, but at the same time porkmouth and award-winning speeches made me laugh more than anything on the podcast has in a while. I don't quite feel like it's shaming them. I find it delightful in a way, in the same way I can't help but be amused when a student says the "Irish photo frame hit them hard".