Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I read every book they cover and have submitted dumb sentences for almost every episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

best book they've covered: Eye of Argon - short, paints a sympathetic picture of the author as a nerdy teenager who's really bad at writing, greatest closing sentence in all of english literature

worst book they've covered: Shadow Moon - long and dull, sequel to a movie that's not even good (Willow), often feels like a generic fantasy novel that's just had Willow stuff inserted for franchise opportunities

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Kangra posted:

John Scalzi has definitely written some better stuff than that. I think the Kline conspiracy theory is only around because everyone's trying to imitate that style, given how popular it was.

I've always hoped 372 would do The Starlight Barking (sequel to 101 Dalmatians).

hey guess what the next book is

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

jeeves posted:

Isn’t Dogstar the name of Keanu’s band?

Also please don’t correct me because I choose to believe that it is now.

Edit: holy poo poo it is. Why would this knowledge be floating around in my brain?

Edit Edit: okay I’ve already completely forgotten the name of this book and it thought it was named something to do with “Dogstar”

There is a Dog Star in the book. I'm about 1/3 through and haven't seen it yet.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

When I looked at the patreon poll earlier today, Teen Archaeologists was winning with a healthy margin, but all 3 books were at 30-something%. I hope they get to all three of these at some point. Really good choices.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The characters were 15 and 13, the author was like 30. Gross!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Get ready for everything to be framed in terms of Sword Art Online.

They probably haven't heard of that either but I think it's Cline's newest reference.

He explicitly referenced it in Ready Player Two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, I think I misunderstood your post.

Anyway, I'm reading the Bat City book and it SUCKS!