Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Welcome to the official thread for the United States Goon Fund!!! This thread serves as a hub for people to either request money from the fund or help contribute to the fund to help others!

In need of help? Click here to submit a request to our google form!!

WANT TO DONATE? CLICK HERE FOR DIFFERENT WAYS TO HELP!

Please note, effective 6/3/23 - all requests will be capped at $125 due to low funds. This is an attempt to make sure everyone gets money. If your request is over this amount, we WILL keep your request active until we can fulfill it in full at a later date. This cap will be removed when our funds situation improves and any backlog is satisfied.

11/26 - WE ARE LOW ON FUNDS, IMMEDIATE NEEDS MAY NOT BE FULFILLED DUE TO THIS. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION AND DO NOT RELY ON THE FUND FOR THE TIME BEING.

11/29 - Low funds is not an issue at this time, but this is an update in regards to the new 30 day rolling rule. If you request more than $125 over a 30 day period - we will have to limit your request or even deny it. We are not making it a super hard limit. For instance, if you requested $125 - 28 days ago and need more funds - we will accommodate that. This is more to prevent people requesting large sums from the Fund weekly.

3/6 UPDATE - Low funds is back to being an issue. All requests made for foreseeable future CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. You can still request funds, but please make sure you have a backup option.

4/2 Update: We have gotten our funds issue cleared up, there is a small surplus that exists again and the commitee feels confident to lift the warning for the time being

THIS FUND IS NOT ENDORSED BY THE SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS OR ADMINS. THE ADMINS HAVE NO EXTRA INSIGHT INTO FINANCIALS, DATA COLLECTION, OR HOW THE COMMITTEE WORKS BEYOND WHAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE.

CURRENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS AS OF 11/17/23

KINGCOBWEB
SPENG31B
REALLY QUEER CHRISTMAS
DOCBEARD
TILER KIWI

We have a Discord if you prefer to contact us this way.

CURRENT CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES GOON FUND

GENERAL Q&A

What is the purpose of this thread?

When covid first hit, goons in CSPAM were in need of help to pay bills, get emergency payments, or even just get some food. While some goons helped out by giving a couple bucks to people, eventually a fund was created via patreon by Plinkey. Unfortunately, this fund had to be dismantled in late 2022 and that's when goons came together to start a new fund that would not fall victim to the fate of so many other goon projects.

What makes this goonfund different from the last, or even from a scam like when that goon raised money to buy pants?

During the setup of this fund, it was decided that the best way to organize this to give the most help, with the least amount of trouble caused by bureaucracy, was to set up a nonprofit company and aim to become a federally recognized 501c3 tax-deductible charity. This would also allow the fund to be super transparent in terms of financial presentation, while still allowing the fund to protect the privacy of those who request money. As such, the United States Goon Fund is a true nonprofit corporation headquartered in the state of Washington. 501c3 status is currently in progress as of the time of writing.

Why are you not a 501c3 if this was a specific goal of the fund?

501c3 is a federally recognized status of a charity, however, the charity must first be set up as a nonprofit corporation as a state entity first - which this is! Once this first step is complete, the fund must make sure the corporation filing meets IRS qualifications (At least 3 sitting directors on the board, another 501c3 charity set to receive any funds in case the fund is dismantled, waiting 3-4 weeks after receiving an EIN to allow the IRS database to be updated). The goal of this fund is to attain this status as soon as it is deemed possible, and the IRS allows the fund to backdate 501c3 status to the original filing date of the corporation.

We are now a 501c3!

Can I donate or request money if I'm not in the USA?

As we are now a federal 501c3, we can receive funds from foreigners! However, we still cannot give funds to you if you are a foreigner. If you are in the UK, there is a UK goonfund you can request funds from here.

Who do I contact if I have issues with a request, donation, just want to complain

First off, you can email us at usgoonfund@gmail.com with a guarantee to reach at least one of the committee members.

I want to shitpost in this thread and otherwise poo poo on people doing good deeds or not bootstrapping themselves food

Yeah, no. This thread is not the place to do any kind of general shitposting, and good faith is expected in every aspect of this project. If you have a problem with how the fund works, upset about not receiving money, wanting a question answered, concerns you have about being a potential donor, or any suggestions you have to improve what we are doing - we welcome all of this! We just again ask, and expect, your post to be in good faith. Do not try to troll this thread.

Q&A FOR REQUESTORS

Where do I go to request help?

Click here!

Who can request money?

Anyone with a SA account username! We are certainly willing to help out a friend of yours if they need a small amount of money, but the goal of this thread is to help the goons who post on this website (or once posted on this website) with any issues they are currently having.

What can I request money for?

As of right now, you can request money for anything you feel you need. If you need money to get groceries, please feel free to request. If you don't think you'll be able to afford your phone bill - we are here! Need money for an uber to get home after work? Send in a request! If you have less emergency needs, we are happy to help with those - but please see below about how we plan to handle your request.

Do I need to have proof of what I need the money for?

No! We do not require any proof of your need of funds. We are going to assume good faith on your part that you truly do need this money. Someone who is normally of means may still request aid if there is a sudden issue, but the hope is you will be willing to give back when you become of means again. Please consider this fund to be a pool of money the community uses to give and take depending on who needs help right now. Today you may be the one giving, and tomorrow the one taking. Both of these things are fine to do! Just operate in good faith, and this can work for us all.

Does the reason I need the money matter?

If times are good and there is plenty of money in the fund, not really. But, with the assumption that we may not always have funds available, we will go by either: 1. First come, first serve. 2. Timeframe needed. 3. The need of the request.

To give an example, if there is only $100 in the fund at the moment and two requests have been submitted - one in need of paying a utility bill in 10 days for $100 - and the second needing $50 for gas money needed by tomorrow. We will likely target the second request as the need is much more present, and the fund should have recuperated the extra money in time to help the utility bill before their deadline.

Can the fund cover my rent?

While exceptions can be made, the purpose of this fund is more smaller scale. The fund may be able to help cover a portion of rent, but the fund can't be expected to pay people's entire rents. That said, there is no reason to hold back if you are in that desperate a need. If the fund has the availability, the committee will decide after a vote whether to give the full amount of the request, a partial amount, or to deny the request (the latter option would be rare, and likely only done if the requester is abusing the system). It is worth noting during the interim fund system, no requests were denied - even if several only had partial fulfillments.

Should I grovel and beg for a morsel of help from the community?

Absolutely not. Needing help from people is NOT a flaw of yours and isn't something you should be ashamed of. You do not need to feel bad for asking for help from this fund - you needing help is exactly why this fund is here! Our country has sadly abandoned many people who don't make 6-7 figures a year. Not having resources or family or friends able to help you is not your fault, and the fund is here specifically to be a safety net so that any goon never has to feel like they have no hope. You're not a burden for needing help.

Your google form wants a lot of personal information from me. How can I trust you with this?

Unfortunately, we do have to require an email address from everyone who requests in case we need to be able to get in contact with you. As some users do not have platinum status - they cannot send or receive privates messages in case anything goes wrong with their request. We also need to know at least one method that you can receive money through (paypal, venmo, etc,). However, any other personal information is not required and NONE OF THIS IS KEPT!! After your request is fulfilled, he request you submit will be deleted so that only the one member who saw your request will know it was you. Nothing personally identifying is kept except for username, date of request, and amount requested. This information are kept for bookkeeping reasons as well as to prevent any potential abuses.

If you are keeping usernames, then that could mean that information could be used to shame me at a later date!

If any committee member leaks that information, then they will be removed from their position immediately. If you do still feel weary about any potential leak of your information, you can also request money by PMing a particular committee member you trust with the following information:

Amount you need
Date you need it by
Way to receive money (Paypal username, venmo username, etc)

However, do be aware you are at the mercy of the member reading their PMs, compared to the google form.

What if I want to make a request in the thread?

We strongly discourage you from doing this. We can't stop you, but we do prefer to keep your request anonymous to keep your information safe, and also prevent any potential drama that could come up in the future.

How do I get money from the fund?

Currently, we have the ability to send money via Venmo & cashapp, with the ability to do paypal but it usually doesn't work for us. We will not be able to send money via Zelle for the foreseeable future as our credit union doesn't support Zelle for business accounts.

Q&A FOR DONORS

How do I see the financials of the fund?

After the end of the month, a committee member will post a summary of the the prior month's inflows versus outflows as well as post information like number of unique donors and unique requests. There is currently no set date for when these financials will be posted in the thread. The fund will maintain public facing financials at all times, including a cash amount at the end of the last month and a current count of cash on hand.

MARCH 2023 FINANCIALS

APRIL 2023 FINANCIALS

MAY 2023 FINANCIALS

JUNE 2023 FINANCIALS

JULY 2023 FINANCIALS

AUGUST 2023 FINANCIALS

SEPTEMBER 2023 FINANCIALS

OCTOBER 2023 FINANCIALS

NOVEMBER 2023 FINANCIALS

DECEMBER 2023 FINANCIALS

JANUARY 2024 FINANCIALS

FEBRUARY 2024 FINANCIALS

How do I know if you're spending the money I'm giving wisely?

Currently, the only overhead expected is the cost of receiving donations via stripe (2.9% of transaction + $.30 a transaction) and the costs of any integrations, or accounting software. There will be no payroll, lavish trips paid for by the fund, or members not doing their due diligence in making sure a request is not legitimate.

How can you be sure a request is legitimate if you do not require proof of need?

The committee agrees, unanimously, that good faith must be assumed and expected on the part of the requestor. To begin to doubt a requestor who has shown no reason to be doubted is a path to becoming something that is unrecognizable to a mutual aid fund such as this. Anyone abusing this will eventually be found, but it is something that we would rather deal with when it comes up rather than force the vast majority of trustworthy and in need people to jump through hoops to continue their quest of survival and bettering themselves. If you disagree and won't donate because of that, we understand.

Can I deduct any donations off my taxes?

Maybe sometime in the future after the fund becomes a 501c3, yes! Also, you're likely incredibly rich if you can do this!!

9/19 Edit: YES!!! WE ARE NOW A US FEDERAL 501(c)(3) CHARITY!!!

Enough questions, how do I donate?

There are several different ways you can donate - if you want to give money monthly, then that has to process through Stripe.

The first, is our one time flexible donation link: Here. This link will let you donate how every much you want and only do it once.

What if you want to donate a certain amount every month and want to pick the day it comes out of your account? Well then the following links are for you! Each one is already set to do a recurring amount out of your account once a month, the only difference between the links is the amount.

Give $5 Monthly

Give $10 Monthly

Give $20 Monthly

Give $50 Monthly

Give $75 Monthly

Give $100 Monthly

Give $250 Monthly

Give $500 Monthly

Want to give more monthly? Let us know and we can create a special link for you!

Can I give via paypal, venmo, or cashapp?

While you *can* do this, we'd prefer to get all funds via stripe as the other sources will charge us more to receive cash.

3/28 Update: Actually, sending us pure cash via Venmo/Cashapp costs us the least amount of money. But it has to be with cash from a bank. If you use a card to transfer money, then you will pay to transfer the money AND we will pay a fee to receive it. Cash only transfer will mean we will pay a small 1.9% fee while you pay nothing - which is about a percent less than a stripe card "swipe".

9/30 Update: We have turned on ACH via STRIPE now. Please see the Stripe links in the next post as ACH is the cheapest way to process payments. PLEASE BE WARNED THAT ACH MEANS YOU MUST HAVE CASH IN YOUR ACCOUNT ON THAT TIME YOU SELECT OR BOTH OF US WILL INCUR NSF FEES!!!

GIVE VIA PAYPAL: LINK

GIVE VIA VENMO: LINK

GIVE VIA CASHAPP: LINK

What if I have any issues with my transaction, want to cancel my recurring donation, or otherwise need a refund?

9/30 Edit: We managed to bang rocks together until we figured out Stripe has a customer portal. Check it out here. If you are still having trouble or can't access your account through this link...

Please email us at usgoonfund@gmail.com with any of these issues. Make sure to label the subject line appropriately so we can know what you are needing from us. Please also be as prompt as you can with your issue, as refunds will be much easier to process the sooner we know, and we may need time to process any recurring donations, so please don't email us 5 minutes before it's supposed to process.

really queer Christmas fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Didn't we try this already and a mod just used it to buy themselves a new laptop? Lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd recommend taking the thread out of CSPAM and put it somewhere more appropriate.

But it's wonderful what you are doing. I've donated to goon help funds before. :unsmith:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I think we also tried this with some kind of food stand (?) Somewhere in the south (?) Anyone remember what came out of that??

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd recommend taking the thread out of CSPAM and put it somewhere more appropriate.

But it's wonderful what you are doing. I've donated to goon help funds before. :unsmith:

Well that’s why there’s this danged thread now!!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Took a sec to remind myself how much I had going to this monthly and it looks like my last donation only did the initial donation and didn't reoccur. Fixing that.

Nah.

I think Cspam needs a nice example of "good things can actually be done in the real world if you actually put effort into it" to counter the doomerism.

But maybe other subforums can have threads about it?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yea op $10 is comin ur way just hold tight

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Going to put a marker down and say do not be lovely in this thread. Help out, ask questions, but don't be a dick about where this came from or the fund itself. This goonfund has done important work helping other goons.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah I was being serious too, I'm poor but I'm not broke and I can afford to help

Help people out now that the OP isn't buying laptops with your money

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

I think we also tried this with some kind of food stand (?) Somewhere in the south (?) Anyone remember what came out of that??

Harvey vent hood now

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The predecessor to this fund originated in cspam and came about some time during 2020. The reason why that closed is... uh very complicated. None of the people involved with the current fund have anything to do with that one. If you want to know more about that - the pyf legends thread can give you the full story.

Anyway, we hosted the new fund in cspam to help bridge that gap. We have wanted to grow to encompass more of the site, but we've needed to do some work in proving to people we are legitimate after the many horror stories about previous goon charities, much less goon projects.

Deki posted:

Took a sec to remind myself how much I had going to this monthly and it looks like my last donation only did the initial donation and didn't reoccur. Fixing that.

Nah.

I think Cspam needs a nice example of "good things can actually be done in the real world if you actually put effort into it" to counter the doomerism.

But maybe other subforums can have threads about it?

Thank you! I've posted about it a lot in our main thread, but we've actually felt pretty good about making sure people know about the fund in terms of needing help. Less so about getting new donors, so that's why we are trying to branch out now and starting off in the most foot traffic and general forum is the best way to do that.

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah I was being serious too, I'm poor but I'm not broke and I can afford to help

Help people out now that the OP isn't buying laptops with your money

Thank you as well! Every bit helps! We try to think of the fund as a community pooling resources together. Maybe today you're asking from the pool, and tomorrow you're giving to it. But either way, its about the community at large.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

ask questions

Nooner posted:

Didn't we try this already and a mod just used it to buy themselves a new laptop? Lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This is different and it's not a Koala's March situation Nooner so drop it pls

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

posted from my ThinkPad P1 Gen 5 Intel (16″) mobile workstation - Black Carbon Fiber Woven Cover

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If people feel like they need proof that money is going to goons, I don't mind providing that (with redacted info). I don't want people to think this is a closed off operation - we try to be as transparent as we can. Just that most of the information will be redacted to protect requester identities. Also, as mentioned, we do provide monthly financials. I linked the May financials, but March and April are available as well.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Even 501c nonprofits can be notoriously corrupt, but

Transparency is good and I think it would help to highlight that transparency of funds taken/used that you have in your main thread, or maybe even with more detail, here in the same thread you're asking for money.

Like highlight it, show it off, that's a pretty amazing lack of overhead and it makes the money donated a lot more valuable.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So here were our May financials. We didn't have a lot of money left at the end of the month, and we are a little lower now.

The last image shows off our main dilemma - we don't have a lot of monthly subscribers. So we are mostly at the mercy of hoping our begging posts work. I hate making them, but they have been effective at getting us a bit more funds.

Here's what our venmo and cashapp recent history look like

Everything in black are people's names - which I'm not releasing under any circumstances.

Here's a snippet of our bank balance, venmo usually takes a day to come out since those payments are ACH, but cashapp is instant. We have a $200 venmo payment coming out on Monday, which is why I say we only have $99 left. Though stripe is also supposed to deposit $38 on Monday:

We really do have no other expenses besides CC fees and government fees. We are all volunteers - so no payroll, we use google docs for the vast majority of our record keeping... which is far from ideal but it is free.

FiendishThingy
Sep 7, 2003

Thanks to the Goonfund my dog and I have food to eat and I still have electricity.
I'm not sure how I would have got by without the Goonfund.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

This is some pretty cool poo poo tbh

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

really queer Christmas posted:

If people feel like they need proof that money is going to goons, I don't mind providing that (with redacted info). I don't want people to think this is a closed off operation - we try to be as transparent as we can. Just that most of the information will be redacted to protect requester identities. Also, as mentioned, we do provide monthly financials. I linked the May financials, but March and April are available as well.

I remember a ton of people saying that no system would work for this fund other than the prior "system". Super happy you guys put in the work to make this happen.

I haven't faced financial insecurity in a long while now, and hopefully won't again, but I remember some times when money for a tank of gas felt like it was saving my life.

Gave y'all a chunk, and set up a recurring.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nooner posted:

Koalas march did this and fleeced tons of idiots out of real money

ZDR also did this and scammed even bigger idiots out of more.

I get what the OP says they're trying to do, but like, without any sort of proof that this is legit (outside of the super authentic imgur photo) I'd advise other people to invest in something worthwhile like a southern hotdog restaurant.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

If anyone is skeptical and would like to be proven wrong - what more evidence can we provide to prove this is on the up and up? I absolutely know the history of goon gofundmes or goon projects on this website, but we have done what I think we can in terms of providing evidence and financials. Sure, pictures can be faked, but anything I post can be faked as well. Please note - if we were to provide more evidence, usernames, names, and anything of that nature will be blacked out or removed. I know this makes it seem harder to believe in, but I'd rather risk someone walk away thinking this is a scam than compromise our requestor's identities (both forums and real life)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this is a very nice thing to so for people

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

If anyone is skeptical and would like to be proven wrong - what more evidence can we provide to prove this is on the up and up? I absolutely know the history of goon gofundmes or goon projects on this website, but we have done what I think we can in terms of providing evidence and financials. Sure, pictures can be faked, but anything I post can be faked as well. Please note - if we were to provide more evidence, usernames, names, and anything of that nature will be blacked out or removed. I know this makes it seem harder to believe in, but I'd rather risk someone walk away thinking this is a scam than compromise our requestor's identities (both forums and real life)

To add to this, we had an open (and lengthy) process to adopt a constitution of how the fund would work, then ran an election with the rules we adopted. This wasn’t “hey I’m starting this thing give me money,” we started first from how it would operate, then people volunteered to be on the committee to run it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I can't help out 'cause I'm not in the US but good luck y'all :unsmith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sent a little your way. I hope it helps someone! :)

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

If anyone is skeptical and would like to be proven wrong - what more evidence can we provide to prove this is on the up and up? I absolutely know the history of goon gofundmes or goon projects on this website,

I actually don't think this line is necessary. There have been plenty of successful donation drives in various capacities on here - including the UK fund which somehow doesn't count as "history" or success story to counter balance the others. The failure of loving Johnny Fiveaces project 15 years ago has nothing to do with this just because "lol goon projects."

The other fund had massive issues that are well documented as well, but it also as many people pointed out, mostly seemed to achieve its stated goal of helping goons despite all the problems. This one is massively improved and following the model of the 5 year success story. It's fine.

I donated to the other one when I was making great money because it was the only thing available doing that kind of work for goons, not because I thought it was 100% scam proof, and when I get back to work will probably kick a few bucks to this one as well.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

What about that time we darkened the skies with bees?

I think there should be a hotdog scholarship fund. Every year one special enterprising goon who has a passion for cheap hot snacks and doesn't want to be a sewer man can start a hotdog stand.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I never removed my dumbfuck donation tag to make it clear I've made mistakes in the past with where I put my money

I'll try to pitch some to this fund--I'm willing to believe it's on the up and up, and if somehow it isn't it would still be better than a donation to Lowtax.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
i think the goonfund is good :)

it doesn't have a single one if the issues/worries of previous ones with how it's been set up + doesn't really have the same fuzzy grey area of it being on the level or not + helping ppl is good

full disclosure i asked for sm assistance from it (for $125 in abt a week) after nunsw/guns linked it the other day. if I'm able to get that it will make a pretty drastic difference in my immediate quality of life

this is embarrassing to write ngl but if it convinces a couple extra people that donating to this isn't just throwing money in a hole or buying gaming laptops, ill fuckin Prostrate myself for a minute for the wealthy patron lards of gbs for a second gently caress it, why not

im truly not saying this to garner sympathy for myself or ply for anything, i really do not like asking anybody for stuff and all im hoping to be able to get is the aforementioned $125 next week from the thing;
I'm writing this disclaimer bit explicitly so that people don't offer stuff independent of the op goonfund because i absolutely don't want to turn this into The General Begging Thread
- im just trying to to give an added datapoint of what kind of help is being asked, so it's not just abstract cash amounts:

the things i myself am trying to get help to afford are things like a new box of contacts or a pair of glasses (broken), some clothes that arent trashed, toothbrush heads, razor blades, that kind of stuff, i live on ~$150/mo outside of food/rent, i haven't even gone to eat at a restaurant since last July lmkao

im taking care of (and currently housing) my disabled mom & my brother. (their house flooded in February and the landlord tore the apt up & hasn't fixed it, toilet from the bathroom is sitting next to my brother's bed for 3 months, no working showers - on the topic if anyone practices/knows WA state law related to that, having an idea of what the gently caress to do about that would be v. appreciated really)
i push a 08 crown vic polizza with 278k miles that i got for a thousand bucks@auction in 2019. the back rotor/pads are done fo, the ABS doesn't work & the airbags aren't on, and im trying to get that fixed before fall when it'll kill me in the rain/snow prolly. one of my molars just cracked in half 2nites ago from TMJ clenching & imma have to go to an orthodontist and probably get one of those erector set helmets ftw

tbc im not intending to get help with any of that, I'm mentioning it only so people (hopefully) don't think im being a koalasmarch fucker trying to get ppl to buy me some jeans or toothpaste or whatever just because i don't feel like paying for it

i know there's several people on this forum doing far worse-off than i am aswell, people trying to pay for daycare for their kids or their health insurance, car crashes it all sucks, it doesn't take much to help and lifes hard as gently caress sometimes & if u got it to spare even like ten dollars makes a difference really. thank u :)

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It’s legit and my money helps people out or it’s fake and I become enshrined in forum drama history.

There’s literally no downside

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've also had goons independently mention to me that the fund helped, as an additional 'yes money is going to goons' anecdote.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Plinkey 2: Goonfund Boogaloo

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Rumor is that all the proceeds of this go to Harvey.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm behind is harvey a joke name for the con or was he actually named after a six foot invisible rabbit.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Just sent ya $50, I've been helped by goon charity in the past when we were having trouble getting insulin to bridge the gap between my fiancee's prescriptions. Happy to pitch back in to help others now that i'm fortunate enough to now be in a position to help instead of need

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

N. Senada posted:

It’s legit and my money helps people out or it’s fake and I become enshrined in forum drama history.

The tenner I threw towards Doobie was more than paid back in lols.

I don't think there's much danger in this fund going down a bad route, the whole point in setting it up like it is was because of concerns about transparency.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Sent some bux. A very poor version of me in college was always excited about this idea to be able to hand money to orgs that'll do something good with it. I'm thankfully in that position today so please go and do some good.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

N. Senada posted:

This, and sometimes things are both legit and legendary, the GIP dickbook went to a third printing a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Deki posted:

The tenner I threw towards Doobie was more than paid back in lols.

I don't think there's much danger in this fund going down a bad route, the whole point in setting it up like it is was because of concerns about transparency.

Right. There is an actual registered charity posting financial details. If this is all an elaborate scam to buy pants, laptops, and goldbelly then it means goons probably are gonna go to jail for it.
If anything the pro strat for a cynic is to donate to bump the class of crime up, so you can send them away for longer and prove every goon project is a failure/better punish your posting enemies from cspam.

The folks organizing this have been amazingly patient and calm navigating shitposts, the cynicism other projects have left, zany bureaucracy, and have been very receptive to feedback. Most importantly it's done real good.