Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

2020 is more than suitable enough to be a "goon" for the funds purpose. Hell, the amendments we are wanting to pass want people to be at least 6 months past their reg date or to get vouched by someone in thr community - and you've passed both markers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Never thought I'd ask for goonfunds but a series of unfortunate events pushed me to do so. I received a payment today and wanted to thank everyone who works on this and donates to the fund.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I support cumpantry

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib
Donated once again, but would like to see a picture of something (corporate logo or whatever) as your profile picture on Venmo for next time. I feel like I'm sending money into the void, otherwise...

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Tube posted:

Donated once again, but would like to see a picture of something (corporate logo or whatever) as your profile picture on Venmo for next time. I feel like I'm sending money into the void, otherwise...

Yes, it's on the list and something we probably should have discussed in the meeting. I hope to have that taken care of by year end.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I just want to reiterate how impressed I am by the goons that put this together. You keep proving in a small way that better things ARE possible, and that's awesome.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

e: (that could be construed as mean in retrospect)

Buce fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 27, 2023

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

forums user cumpantry has an avatar of tails' dumper and worries he isn't a true goon

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Hey I should have some of the places people can donate for the surviving family members of the victims of the Lewiston ME shooting.

I will have more info hopefully toda

ManBoyChef fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 27, 2023

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

thank u again goons and goonfund, the day after the transfer my car insurance payment kicked in, and then just yesterday someone backed right into me :wooper:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cumpantry posted:

thank u again goons and goonfund, the day after the transfer my car insurance payment kicked in, and then just yesterday someone backed right into me :wooper:

this is the things we should be doing for each other. Just help a goon out, when they need it

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

cumpantry posted:

was it a goon that backed into you that just wanted to try out your insurance?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

HonorableTB posted:

Goon aid paid for my fiancee's insulin when there was a gap in insurance coverage and we couldn't afford the cost of the insulin supply to cover it. V grateful to goonfund so I donated $20 more

I'm having trouble paying for my insulin at the moment even with insurance. Goon fund helped out big time.

Once I'm back on my feet I'll set up a recurring donation.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

This fund is truly incredible, and are doing something amazing.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
sent some more in.

I've been in some deep dark places, lately, nothing where extra funds could help.

so it feels good to help where I can. and kind of makes me feel like less of a failure.

peace be with you, all

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
Thank you all again for saving my rear end, been an endless parade of "everything's hosed also gently caress you in particular" going on for me.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If it weren't for goonfund we'd be on the edge of starvation every month, cannot thank you all enough.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

OP, any word on receiving international donations now that you guys are an actual charity? Or is it still too much hassle.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Space Kablooey posted:

OP, any word on receiving international donations now that you guys are an actual charity? Or is it still too much hassle.

I'm CONUS, but I'm curious. Could you just find a CONUS goon you trust, and send it to them, and they send it in?

Though, that seems tax-loop-holey, so who knows.

I have a hard time believing the amount that is raised month to month. .. Not that I don't believe it, but just stunned that goons are so giving, I guess? Though, we have a good track record.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

blight rhino posted:

I'm CONUS, but I'm curious. Could you just find a CONUS goon you trust, and send it to them, and they send it in?

Though, that seems tax-loop-holey, so who knows.

I have a hard time believing the amount that is raised month to month. .. Not that I don't believe it, but just stunned that goons are so giving, I guess? Though, we have a good track record.

That would not be advisable and a good way for the IRS to find reasons to dig into the finances. To be clear, I absolutely believe everything is on the up and up here and they would find nothing, but I do not think we should be recommending this. It would take time, money and effort to deal with this when it could be going towards helping goons in need

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

That would not be advisable and a good way for the IRS to find reasons to dig into the finances. To be clear, I absolutely believe everything is on the up and up here and they would find nothing, but I do not think we should be recommending this. It would take time, money and effort to deal with this when it could be going towards helping goons in need

Absolutely. I did kind of come off like I was suggesting it. But nah 100%, that's how businesses get shut down probably.

Appreciate you clarifying my stupid!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Space Kablooey posted:

We got asked this question in CSPAM at the same time, and here was my reply -

quote:

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

Why do you guys think the IRS cares if foreigners donate to the goon fund? My understanding of charitable organizations is it would only be a problem if they're on the OFAC sanctioned list...

This, mostly.

I suppose that question doesn't preclude foreigners from sending money to the charity though, just from us sending money to foreigners. The research I have done seems to be ok on foreign donations, so I suppose as long as the donor base is predominantly american, it shouldn't ruffle the IRS' feathers.

So if you're foreign, I guess you can donate to our stripe account? Just understand, we can't provide services unless we begin operating in a foreign country. And I'm afraid of the paperwork that will take.

Also, voting is open for the amendments, though since there's been no objections - I've called for a unanimous consent. Nominations for becoming a committee member is still set for Nov 8th.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
All right so apparently if you're foreign, you can donate to US charities

https://www.nonprofitissues.com/to-the-point/may-charity-accept-gifts-foreigners

However, they're not tax deductible for obvious reasons. Again, double check with the tax professional because this was the best resource I could find

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks for the reply! It would be fine for me to just be able to donate now and then.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

All right so apparently if you're foreign, you can donate to US charities

https://www.nonprofitissues.com/to-the-point/may-charity-accept-gifts-foreigners

However, they're not tax deductible for obvious reasons. Again, double check with the tax professional because this was the best resource I could find

that's not true, it might be tax deductible in their weird other countries

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Space Kablooey posted:

Thanks for the reply! It would be fine for me to just be able to donate now and then.

If you are truly foreign, the bigger help would be letting me know via PM that you're willing to help because semi-regularly I get requests from non-americans and I can forward their paypal info to you (and others) to help them. I'd much prefer that since it's a bit easier to have some people I can count on because the foreign requests happen randomly and its harder to find people on a moments notice (for instance, getting a message like 30 minutes ago lol).

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I just wanted to thank anyone who has donated to this cause.

The Goonfund has kept me from, well, abject misery and despair, not to mention starvation, these past few months.

I've been through a lot of awful things in life, but 2023 takes the cake. Losing a parent, my best friend... gently caress. It's the hardest thing I've ever endured.

I am disabled, have been for almost 2 decades, and that has given me a sort of complex where it is extraordinarily difficult to ask for help. It's a pride thing, one of those people who would often rather suffer in silence than ask for assistance, because I don't want to feel like a burden to others. But I don't know where I'd be without this help. Maybe the psychiatric ward for the uninsured, a nightmarish place, or worse.

So with that in mind, I just wanted to let you all know that your donations have not gone unappreciated. Thank you so much, everyone. I wish I could give each and every one of you a hug. I'm so grateful that I am at a loss for words. And I have to wrap this post up before the waterworks commence. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Help a goon out! Lots of books - horror, nonfiction, classics and more for sale.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 11, 2023

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

^^^^
<3 much love

really queer Christmas posted:

If you are truly foreign, the bigger help would be letting me know via PM that you're willing to help because semi-regularly I get requests from non-americans and I can forward their paypal info to you (and others) to help them. I'd much prefer that since it's a bit easier to have some people I can count on because the foreign requests happen randomly and its harder to find people on a moments notice (for instance, getting a message like 30 minutes ago lol).

I think I will do that later then. I'd preferred to have a pot to contribute to rather than fulfilling requests directly because I live in a country with a currency weaker than USD, and I'm thinking it could be hard to actually fulfill requests completely. Though just a bit should help anyway.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just noticed that the OP says requests are capped at $125, but the application says the cap is $200. Which one is correct?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Updated the request form... Can't believe it's been like that for all this time :doh:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

McSpanky posted:

I just noticed that the OP says requests are capped at $125, but the application says the cap is $200. Which one is correct?

Oh, huh. That would explain why I only got $125 then.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I over extended myself on paying my own debt this pay period, lol.

but, next Friday, i'm shooting some more into this

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

If you are interested in becoming a member of the working committee (or just having a voice in the shaping of the Goonfund), please come over to the CSPAM thread and read what I wrote about nominations and elections. If nothing else, participating is good to show the general faith you have in what we are doing.

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Sent $20! Instead of buying alcohol, I'm helping a goon in need.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Seth Edit: I don't want this poo poo in the Goonfund thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 11, 2023

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I remember this from the first unfortunate effort. Happy to see more transparency and people getting help. Putting myself down for a monthly five spot.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 15, 2023

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
$30 buckeroos headed to the fund.

had some bets come in, lol.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
edit NM!

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I have forgotten to update this thread in the last month!! I am incredibly sorry. There's been a lot of changes since then, we have a new committee member - It's docbeard! He has already been trained up and starting to fulfill requests without the training wheels on!

We also had a huge cash crunch issue after black friday. We got hit hard and we were down to about $100 when some incredibly generous goons following the cspam thread dropped $1K each! Those funds were highly needed as we have received 17 requests since thanksgiving!! (I just posted in the cspam thread about two hours ago it was 16, we already got another one!).

So please, if you are in the giving mood and want to help your fellow goons - I promise you, our overhead is tiny as hell for a charity. Once we have received money from the payment processor - 95% of it goes to Goons, and the other 5% went to state and federal governments for fees! But for every dollar you give going forward, .97 cents makes its way directly into a goons hand to become crusted over with cheetos! Even more makes it over if you send us money via venmo!

Thank you all for your help and support, and for those of you who did bravely step in CSPAM to vote or voice confidence in the committee itself. You make our jobs easier to carry out!