Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Deki posted:

The tenner I threw towards Doobie was more than paid back in lols.

I don't think there's much danger in this fund going down a bad route, the whole point in setting it up like it is was because of concerns about transparency.

Right. There is an actual registered charity posting financial details. If this is all an elaborate scam to buy pants, laptops, and goldbelly then it means goons probably are gonna go to jail for it.
If anything the pro strat for a cynic is to donate to bump the class of crime up, so you can send them away for longer and prove every goon project is a failure/better punish your posting enemies from cspam.

The folks organizing this have been amazingly patient and calm navigating shitposts, the cynicism other projects have left, zany bureaucracy, and have been very receptive to feedback. Most importantly it's done real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

.random posted:

Do the high fees hit you on Venmo if I use a debit card? Or just if I use a credit card?

Last update is venmo works best for straight cash. In your card preferences does venmo 'know' it's a debit attached to your bank account? If so it should still count as straight cash.
When I set up venmo a little bit ago it took it a few days for the test transactions to post, and I was still able to send cash through the debit card without extra fees in the interim.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

but that is for the seller.

Yes, but remember this is a fund organized to pay people's expenses, not a product. So if we're trying to raise 250 bucks so someone can keep their roof, losing an extra few percentage points and bucks off of each donation is gonna hurt. Especially if we can get to the ideal of a bunch of regular small donations instead of fishing for big donations as emergencies come up.

That's why it's suggested to use the options with the lowest fees.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah, if you switch to desktop mode or open the link on PC it shouldn't do that (or have the app installed). I absolutely hate how many sites and apps nag or auto redirect if see you're on a phone.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah in the US it's ridiculous how much of a class signifier teeth are. I'm glad I'm currently in a place where I could get anything taken care of in an emergency if somethingwent wrong, but everyone is so precarious that even those of us relatively comfortable are just one round of layoffs at the wrong time from needing help too.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

What's wrong with your teeth?
Mine are fine enough, no problems with my bite or missing teeth, but you can definitely tell I haven't had braces or a whitening and invisiline regimen. This reflects I grew up close enough to middleclass to get regular dental care but not purely cosmetic stuff.
The more well off you are besides cosmetic treatment, the more options you have to potentially save teeth or get things like natural looking fillings and convincing bridges and veneers instead of just having gaps if you ever lose teeth -not to mention saving a tooth that's had issues costs way more than just having it yanked.

My only real dental horror story is I was poor in my 20's so had to just let wisdom teeth come in. I was fortunate enough not to have anything impacted, infected, or otherwise come in wrong because I honestly wouldn't have been able to afford the treatment.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yeah, I have some real dental horror stories too. One of my incisors didn't fall out, so I had braces for two years. Now I have two incisors on the right side and none on the left. I also decided to not go under for my wisdom teeth extraction, so I know how it feels to have a dental surgeon kneel on your chest and break a piece of your skull out.

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's utterly ridiculous we don't treat oral and vision as basic healthcare in this country, but instead added perks.
:capitalism: