Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

really queer Christmas posted:

If people feel like they need proof that money is going to goons, I don't mind providing that (with redacted info). I don't want people to think this is a closed off operation - we try to be as transparent as we can. Just that most of the information will be redacted to protect requester identities. Also, as mentioned, we do provide monthly financials. I linked the May financials, but March and April are available as well.

I remember a ton of people saying that no system would work for this fund other than the prior "system". Super happy you guys put in the work to make this happen.

I haven't faced financial insecurity in a long while now, and hopefully won't again, but I remember some times when money for a tank of gas felt like it was saving my life.

Gave y'all a chunk, and set up a recurring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

Gatekeeping charity aid by reg date is the most gbs poo poo ive ever seen lol, oh no someone might accidentally get helped that needs it. Can't have that, they have to post through their hardships until theyve earned dinner

It's a pretty good way to make sure that no one ever gets help.

I assume anyone who has a recent reg date is a rereg, considering how dead these forums are, but LOL at the thought of someone spending $10 to register and SA account to scam that sweet, sweet $50 out of the forums goons.

And if they do I don't give a poo poo, and with a whole-rear end panel of goons running this thing I can be reasonably confident that they're not buying someone gaming laptops on the regular or whatever's happened before.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Has this thread been successful so far? As in are your finances looking up, at least for the month? Just curious about that.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I had a thought that's probably stupid and won't work.

How about a confidential of Goons with skills, by geographical area, that are willing to help out other goons who can request help by skill needed and geographic area?

For example, I have some skill at most house fixing stuff, and a little car fixing stuff, it's not a big deal for me to spend a few hours fixing some poo poo for someone on my off time. By doing so I can provide a necessary service worth hundreds or thousands at basically no cost to myself. Other Goons in my area could tell you "I'm in region X and I need help with Y" you could then look and see I have a similar skill in the right region, and ask me if I'd be willing to help, if I can't because I'm too far I say no, and the request goes unfulfilled unless someone else can do it, and no one has to know this took place.

For example a Goon may have a wonky outlet that sparks and smokes when they try to plug their goonputer into it, which is a safety hazard, that's a service call for an electrician with probably a $200 minimum, but I can fix it right up for $2.29 at Home Depot and an hour out of my weekend.

The reason I'm asking here, is it would be best if it was an anonymous thing, to avoid doxxing and whatnot.

I totally understand if it's a bridge to far in terms of liability for y'all, but I figured I'd bring it up since I've done exactly that by reaching out through PMs to people that have posted stories about struggling with issues I can fix.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jun 28, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

The percs are nice after having your skull rattled by the sound of someone crushing your molars into 4 pieces with a pair of diagonal cutters.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

The Navy sent me to a civilian dentist to have my last wisdom tooth extracted, since it hadn't fully erupted when I got the other three pulled in bootcamp, and the base I was at didn't have the facilities for an extraction. Much more pleasant than the knee-on-the-chest boot experience.

Working nights I'm really glad I put a heat pump in a few years ago, since I hate sleeping when it's hot. Got a DIY 2 ton 20 SEER kit.

Wait, what thread am I in?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I've never seen anyone banned twice for the same post.

Sending :10bux::10bux: to the goonfund in memory of creepy McFuckface there.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Came into a bit of money and forwarded some of it on.

How's the Stripe poo poo working out? Are they still being dicks?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

A Terrible Person posted:

I'd love to help, but I lost my job and am going into rehab.

I'd like to think that my contributions in both this thread and its predecessor helped some Goons. Maybe not, since I was one of the guys who got fleeced in the past thread, but I would still do it again in a second.

Stay safe, y'all. And keep being awesome for each other.

You don't sound like a terrible person at all, awful user name post combo.

:sympathy:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I just want to reiterate how impressed I am by the goons that put this together. You keep proving in a small way that better things ARE possible, and that's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

It seems really counterintuitive that December would be low and January high, but it makes sense.

Keep up the good work, I mentioned this fund to another goon who needed help awhile ago, and they were super moved just by the fact that it even exists.