Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Took a sec to remind myself how much I had going to this monthly and it looks like my last donation only did the initial donation and didn't reoccur. Fixing that.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd recommend taking the thread out of CSPAM and put it somewhere more appropriate.

But it's wonderful what you are doing. I've donated to goon help funds before. :unsmith:

Nah.

I think Cspam needs a nice example of "good things can actually be done in the real world if you actually put effort into it" to counter the doomerism.

But maybe other subforums can have threads about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

N. Senada posted:

It’s legit and my money helps people out or it’s fake and I become enshrined in forum drama history.

There’s literally no downside

The tenner I threw towards Doobie was more than paid back in lols.

I don't think there's much danger in this fund going down a bad route, the whole point in setting it up like it is was because of concerns about transparency.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Slugworth posted:

I'd love for your children to get fed this week, but your posting metrics, ma'am - They're not great. Have you considered posting more in the huge dumps thread?

Cash4posts

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I got mine out wayyyy later than i should have and they gave me vicodin. Didnt use. The sheer relief I got from getting them removed outweighed the pain of them sawing into my jaw.

I got knocked out for mine but was a minor so my mom vetoed pain meds.

I had some gnarly loving wisdom teeth so that was a miserable week and a half of recovery, especially since I had to go back into work with my face/jaw still swollen. Might explain why I avoided dentists for a stretch in my early 20s.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

SalTheBard posted:

Goonfund, you have seriously helped my wife and I out today. I just feel that we have been non stopped cursed (and since I sent my request to you I found out we need another $10k for a new AC). My family will be able to eat this week because of Goonfund. Thank you so much. Thank you thank you thank you. I made a pledge to do a reoccurring $10 month donation to Goonfund to repay it and I will stick by my word!

Glad to hear (that you got helped, not that your AC broke down).