Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Cactus Ghost posted:

i think you mean a little over $500

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

I just sent over a little funds. Not so much a donation, more paying the fund back a little. Thanks for all the help over the last 6 months, it's been a rough one and The Goon Fund saved my rear end more than once

o7

Every bit is appreciated. We've seen several new donations since this morning's announcement, and every one of them will help a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

cruft posted:

Can I donate a Target gift card?

The thought is very much appreciated, but no, there's no way for us to accept a gift card as a donation.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hello everyone,

We had a request that had a deadline of yesterday that we need some additional information to complete. We reached out to the requestor through the contact info they provided, but haven't yet heard back from them so I thought I'd mention it here, too. If this sounds like you, you can either PM me, or email us at usgoonfund@gmail.com.

Thanks

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Taima posted:

Just out of curiosity, would it be safe to characterize the fund as primary from large donors at this point?

I'm just curious because for a minute now, the reports have said things like 'oh well we were doing bad then we got this big cash infusion' and as far as I remember that's just kind of "how it's worked" for a while.

Without getting too far into the weeds, and without violating anyone's privacy, no, that's not true at all. About 92% of our donations are for $100 or less, and that accounts for about 40% of our total dollars taken in. Large donations (anything above $500) is about 18% of our total dollars (and about 1% of our individual donations).

Those large donations definitely help (and have gotten us past some significant hurdles recently) but this really is a sustained group effort from a lot of people of all means. Every gift of any size is significant, and every gift is appreciated.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Had a few people reach out about requests through the form that didn't make it through properly. I'm not super familiar with this aspect of the site but I think it's safe to say that if you didn't see a confirmation page, your request didn't come through, and you can (and should!) try again. If we end up with duplicate requests, that's no big deal, at worst we'll reach out to you to clarify if we can't make sense of it.

If you want to check if a request came through, you can feel free to PM me or any of the other committee members, or send email to usgoonfund@gmail.com.