Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

really queer Christmas posted:

If anyone is skeptical and would like to be proven wrong - what more evidence can we provide to prove this is on the up and up? I absolutely know the history of goon gofundmes or goon projects on this website,

I actually don't think this line is necessary. There have been plenty of successful donation drives in various capacities on here - including the UK fund which somehow doesn't count as "history" or success story to counter balance the others. The failure of loving Johnny Fiveaces project 15 years ago has nothing to do with this just because "lol goon projects."

The other fund had massive issues that are well documented as well, but it also as many people pointed out, mostly seemed to achieve its stated goal of helping goons despite all the problems. This one is massively improved and following the model of the 5 year success story. It's fine.

I donated to the other one when I was making great money because it was the only thing available doing that kind of work for goons, not because I thought it was 100% scam proof, and when I get back to work will probably kick a few bucks to this one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Im back to work so restarted my monthly, will try to double it soon

Bums me out so many goons are struggling shouldnt we all be rich computer people or something :smith:

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Moved to bank account, should be hearing about annual raises in the next few weeks and will probably up my donation a bit, 2023 was a weird year filled with unemployment and a pay cut during horrible price increases across the board.