Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
i think the goonfund is good :)

it doesn't have a single one if the issues/worries of previous ones with how it's been set up + doesn't really have the same fuzzy grey area of it being on the level or not + helping ppl is good

full disclosure i asked for sm assistance from it (for $125 in abt a week) after nunsw/guns linked it the other day. if I'm able to get that it will make a pretty drastic difference in my immediate quality of life

this is embarrassing to write ngl but if it convinces a couple extra people that donating to this isn't just throwing money in a hole or buying gaming laptops, ill fuckin Prostrate myself for a minute for the wealthy patron lards of gbs for a second gently caress it, why not

im truly not saying this to garner sympathy for myself or ply for anything, i really do not like asking anybody for stuff and all im hoping to be able to get is the aforementioned $125 next week from the thing;
I'm writing this disclaimer bit explicitly so that people don't offer stuff independent of the op goonfund because i absolutely don't want to turn this into The General Begging Thread
- im just trying to to give an added datapoint of what kind of help is being asked, so it's not just abstract cash amounts:

the things i myself am trying to get help to afford are things like a new box of contacts or a pair of glasses (broken), some clothes that arent trashed, toothbrush heads, razor blades, that kind of stuff, i live on ~$150/mo outside of food/rent, i haven't even gone to eat at a restaurant since last July lmkao

im taking care of (and currently housing) my disabled mom & my brother. (their house flooded in February and the landlord tore the apt up & hasn't fixed it, toilet from the bathroom is sitting next to my brother's bed for 3 months, no working showers - on the topic if anyone practices/knows WA state law related to that, having an idea of what the gently caress to do about that would be v. appreciated really)
i push a 08 crown vic polizza with 278k miles that i got for a thousand bucks@auction in 2019. the back rotor/pads are done fo, the ABS doesn't work & the airbags aren't on, and im trying to get that fixed before fall when it'll kill me in the rain/snow prolly. one of my molars just cracked in half 2nites ago from TMJ clenching & imma have to go to an orthodontist and probably get one of those erector set helmets ftw

tbc im not intending to get help with any of that, I'm mentioning it only so people (hopefully) don't think im being a koalasmarch fucker trying to get ppl to buy me some jeans or toothpaste or whatever just because i don't feel like paying for it

i know there's several people on this forum doing far worse-off than i am aswell, people trying to pay for daycare for their kids or their health insurance, car crashes it all sucks, it doesn't take much to help and lifes hard as gently caress sometimes & if u got it to spare even like ten dollars makes a difference really. thank u :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
`

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 6, 2023