Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd recommend taking the thread out of CSPAM and put it somewhere more appropriate.

But it's wonderful what you are doing. I've donated to goon help funds before. :unsmith:

Well that’s why there’s this danged thread now!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

If anyone is skeptical and would like to be proven wrong - what more evidence can we provide to prove this is on the up and up? I absolutely know the history of goon gofundmes or goon projects on this website, but we have done what I think we can in terms of providing evidence and financials. Sure, pictures can be faked, but anything I post can be faked as well. Please note - if we were to provide more evidence, usernames, names, and anything of that nature will be blacked out or removed. I know this makes it seem harder to believe in, but I'd rather risk someone walk away thinking this is a scam than compromise our requestor's identities (both forums and real life)

To add to this, we had an open (and lengthy) process to adopt a constitution of how the fund would work, then ran an election with the rules we adopted. This wasn’t “hey I’m starting this thing give me money,” we started first from how it would operate, then people volunteered to be on the committee to run it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The Goonfund already exists. Can we please not litigate or workshop ideas about it in this thread - it is already a thing. Thanks.

To be clear, sincere discussion of ways to improve the fund is always welcome in the main CSPAM thread

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Post poste posted:

I saw modest needs mentioned a few times so far.

As a chronically homeless disabled queer, I was rejected from modest needs, as my needs are not easily solved and I'm "not a good candidate".

I probably won't use the fund because things are almost fine lately, but I would only ask for desperate critical things.

Is that still okay?

I don't think I'll need the funds but, yeah.

✅ you’re a goon
✅ you need money

You can and should make a request when you need to!!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Cactus Ghost posted:

how doable is this? obviously any tax status for it is out the window, but would it be a huge hassle to set up a catch-all non-exempt? would it be easier if it was entirely seperately managed by different people?

We did no-formal-organization facilitation of person-to-person assistance for months. I’d encourage non-Americans to set up a thread to do the same.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is not the thread for this bullshit as I've repeatedly said

I think that was good-natured :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
In addition, $3.5k for a single ask is an order of magnitude more than we can pay to a single person in a month now, even if they are a goon.