Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wtf are these scarves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

He was widely recognized as the best prospect thr sport had ever seen. He signed with the WHA so he could avoid the draft and not be selected by Colorado. Lindros gets so much poo poo for saying no to Quebec but Gretzky did the same thing.
i thought it was because the wha allowed players to be drafted at 18 when it was still 20 for the nhl

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

shyduck posted:

Wtf are these scarves

They're on ice right now duh

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
giving it to all the first year guys hell yeah

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

they’re cheering for Bettman

completely disgusting

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

Wtf are these scarves

They started handing those out too a few years back, I think during one of Tampa’s wins.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

At first I wondered why there was cotton candy all over the ice and then realized they were flamingos. What's the story? Their exquisite knock off of rats?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don’t think Buffalo fans would’ve been able to handle Eichel winning the Conn Smythe so I’m glad they gave it to Marchessault.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

God I'm so glad the NHL doesn't let the entire loving ice surface get taken over by media and presentation. I know it's probably just a logistics and liability thing, but even the half-lap with the Cup is so much better than the entire field/court/etc being packed with media and poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
All GMs are garbage lmao

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Weak, short laps

Though I don't remember other recent laps, but still

Get to eichel and Kessel already

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

i thought it was because the wha allowed players to be drafted at 18 when it was still 20 for the nhl

WHA allowed players to join at 17 specifically to lure guys away from the NHL. Gretzky knew the league was about to fold but he wanted to control where he went and knew he'd have more opportunity on a good WHA team than a bad NHL one because it was widely understood the top few WHA teams would get absorbed into the NHL.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Martinez gives it to Quick. :)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lessail posted:

giving it to all the first year guys hell yeah

Yeah that ruled, all the OG misfits

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Pleads posted:

God I'm so glad the NHL doesn't let the entire loving ice surface get taken over by media and presentation. I know it's probably just a logistics and liability thing, but even the half-lap with the Cup is so much better than the entire field/court/etc being packed with media and poo poo.

💯 Agree

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

GIVE IT TO PHIL!!!!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Lmao Brett Howden is gonna lift the cup.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pleads posted:

The cup presentation is the best thing the sport had going for it and mercifully the league knows that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Vegas had to play five goalies this year. How bad was Michael Hutchinson that he never got out of the farm team and wound up in columbus?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

KESSEL!!!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh man, I forgot Max Pacioretty was brought in to contribute to the buzz saw and missed the Cup by a year.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

New SAS background

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

three time stanley cup champion Phil "The Thrill" Kessel

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Good for Vegas, at least they were aggressive (after the entry draft) and went for it. 4 semis, two finals, and a cup in 6 years is pretty remarkable

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

For once, I can enjoy Phil lifting the Cup.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Phil!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I don’t think Buffalo fans would’ve been able to handle Eichel winning the Conn Smythe so I’m glad they gave it to Marchessault.

I'm sure there was more to the Buffalo-Eichel relationship falling apart than the surgery, but what a collosal meltdown by Buffalo

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Maybe in addition to a hat and scarf, they can give these players a thesaurus?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We are all Grey Suit Guy.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao these guys who can't lift 37 lbs over their head

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Holy crap that grey suit guys face

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Hand it to a camera operator!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It's cool that TNT is showing the whole celebration. NBC always used to cut away early

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

waffle enthusiast posted:

Hand it to a camera operator!

Or Darren Pang

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

We are all Grey Suit Guy.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Holy crap that grey suit guys face

Lol that dude was awesome

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

It's cool that TNT is showing the whole celebration. NBC always used to cut away early

Definitely, this is Real Good

Though to be fair, I remember espn had good cup celebration coverage too last year

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Pass it around the stands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysterious Jim
Sep 7, 2021
I give it 4 hours before the Cup ends up in a Vegas pawn shop.