Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Right now I'm recording a Mori Calliope vinyl album released in 2022 to a cassette that was probably manufactured in the mid 2000s using a Sony deck that was made in the 90s.

So uh... what was the question again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

No I'm not an Italian protofascist.

Aww, is that really the history of the term/movement/thing? :( I vaguely remember it being an Italian art trend, didn't know it was fash

In other news, I think I might have hosed up the recording levels on my tape. The kick drums on the first track of the 2nd side consistently pushed the meters into the red. Figured HUGE W would be the loudest track on the album but I was wrong.

It's a newer Type 1 tape I think so it might still be okay. Gonna check in a few minutes. Stay Tuned for futher developments

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Update: Yep the tape's hosed. Have to do it again :mad:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Sadly, it kind of is. I mean nowadays it means people who talk about the future on television shows and writers who gargle techbro sperm while claiming the Metaverse is right around the corner, but the original futurists were mostly even more terrible people.

Article 10 of Marinetti's "Manifesto of Futurism" says: "We want to demolish museums and libraries, fight morality, feminism and all opportunist and utilitarian cowardice".

So yeah.

Welp, that's no good. Definitely not a futurist, OP.

I will continue to purchase and maintain obsolete music formats as a bulwark against futurism. Also idk maybe read some Marxist-Leninist theory or something

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

the nice thing is you don't even have to be a marxist to think demolishing libraries and museums and glorifying war is bad so pretty much anyone with a humanities degree can agree on hating futurists

also check out futurist cooking because it's a real goddamn trip

Hmm...

Wikipedia posted:

One of the proposed settings for these "perfect meals" incorporated the Futurist love of machinery. The diners would eat in a mock aircraft, whose engines' vibrations would stimulate the appetite.

I mean, I like to zone out to machinery sounds too but I can't say they ever did much for my digestion.

What else we got...

Wikipedia posted:

Traditional kitchen equipment would be replaced by scientific equipment, bringing modernity and science to the kitchen. Suggested equipment included:

Ozonizers葉o give food the smell of ozone
Ultraviolet ray lamps葉o activate vitamins and other "active properties"
Electrolyzers葉o decompose items into new forms and properties
Colloidal mills葉o pulverize any food item
Autoclaves, dialyzers, atmospheric and vacuum stills葉o cook food without destroying vitamins
Chemical indicators or analyzers葉o help the cook determine if sauces need more salt, sugar, or vinegar

:stare:

Wikipedia posted:

Futurist cooking emphasized presentation and multisensory impression, revelling in transgression and shock value. As the historian Carol Helstosky demonstrates, "food sculptures and seemingly odd food pairings (meat and cologne or mussels and vanilla creme) heightened the tactile and sensory experience of the meal."

:gonk: