Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Are iPads even useful in any context other than an easy way to have somebody to sign a waiver at a paintball field and getting a toddler to shut the gently caress up?

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Way WAY more useful than these goddamn Cousin Avi Reuben Tishkoff meets Hitachi Wand goggles

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1665824548967546880?s=20

even the tech enthusiasts who would show up at an Apple press conference are not thrilled with the price

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Are iPads even useful in any context other than an easy way to have somebody to sign a waiver at a paintball field and getting a toddler to shut the gently caress up?

took like 10 years but they are basically full screen computers now and the stylus is pretty good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

WampaLord posted:

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1665824548967546880?s=20

even the tech enthusiasts who would show up at an Apple press conference are not thrilled with the price

lol those aren't just tech enthusiasts, that audience is for their worldwide developers conference

they know its pointless to develop poo poo for something nobody is going to buy

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

im going to buy it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i used to use my ipad to watch tv shows on long flights. now i dont take long flights anymore

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Reuben Tishkoff meets Hitachi Wand goggles

:vince:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
In visionOS, apps can fill the space around you, beyond the boundaries of a display. They can be moved anywhere, scaled to the perfect size, react to the lighting in your room, and even cast shadows.

lmao

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

good thing the Apple Vision Pro won't make people look stupid like this

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fart simpson posted:

yospos will buy it

glad someone said it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

you been living under a rock bro? ipad is the default tablet

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

my partner got super excited over buying an ipad during the pandemic and i was like "are you sure your gunna use it?" "oh yes definitely! its gunna replace all my devices". so she got one and then used it like 3x total in 3 years and it's just been collecting dust since

i've recently repurposed it for work by installing Pix4D Mapper so i can do photogrammetic 3d models with it in the field since it's got a lidar scanner on the camera but lol it sucks otherwise.

so yeah having people sign waivers and getting toddlers to be quiet. ios tablets are loving terrible devices

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
old ppl showing their whole rear end rn

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
supposedly the ipad is one of the higher end drawing tablets u can get and its a reasonable price compared to wacom

Harvey Birdman
Oct 21, 2012

Yeah a lot of people love em for digital art stuff. idk if the v1 pencil is just worse or it's not for me tho bc I got gifted one a friend didn't use and I find it super awkward. Reading manga on a tablet rules tho, so I guess there's that.

Anyways they put it in their ads for this dumbass headset that it'll be great for Facetime!
"But how," you ask, "don't you have a whole fuckin thing on your face?"
Well don't worry!!! They thought of that!!! it will use a 3D MODEL OF YOUR HEAD in the facetime! how efficient and comfortable :)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pretty good for reading :filez: comics

Anyway, nice that Apple are choosing to join the Metaverse months after that's already been forgotten about

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Korean Boomhauer posted:

supposedly the ipad is one of the higher end drawing tablets u can get and its a reasonable price compared to wacom

They are fantastic for making music.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the best way to watch the first two thirds of avatar 2

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

sebmojo posted:

They are fantastic for making music.

ok. you use the ipad, ill stick to my guitar + piano.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

fart simpson posted:

i just use chatgpt to make music. even easier than an ipad or piano or flute or theremin

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

fart simpson posted:

you can record your guitar into the ipad on a multitracker, use a bunch of insanely professional free synthesisers and effects, use it to control lighting rigs ...? i play cello, guitar and piano and the ipad is an excellent music tool. you can comfortably record a decent sounding album on it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
goons: who uses ipads :dafuq:

reality:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

sebmojo posted:

you can record your guitar into the ipad on a multitracker, use a bunch of insanely professional free synthesisers and effects, use it to control lighting rigs ...? i play cello, guitar and piano and the ipad is an excellent music tool. you can comfortably record a decent sounding album on it.

professionals pay for their tools

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Homeless Friend posted:

goons: who uses ipads :dafuq:

reality:

Goons are out of touch ??

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

fart simpson posted:

lol ok buddy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/CreakyLegs/status/1665873822648549378?t=fQvywM1h-Zf4GJZ25wl6lQ&s=19

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

SorePotato posted:

i am tripping your stupid rear end and yoinking this poo poo off your gigantic head if I ever catch you wearing this poo poo

Do not do this, you will kill them.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

they're good for drawing and taking notes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
maybe it's just me tho, but for me, you can't beat a good ol' piece of paper and a pen!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

The iPad is fine. This thing is not.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Woke Mind Virus posted:

The iPad is fine. This thing is not.

how do you know? you havent even bought one yet

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/jenskstyve/status/1666027793971396608

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
iPads are incredible for futzing around on while you're watching TV before you go to sleep.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

yep. an enormous amount of my profession would love a premium tablet display that isn't wacom dogshit. Is it a well designed workhorse? I'll pay a few thousand bucks for it, whatever. also ipad pro and procreate completely changed the industry.

I've got a fantasy about how AR could work amazingly for digital artists but it would require exhaustive native support from a huge amount of major software packages so I dunno if its going to happen or if steve apple ski goggles are the ticket

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i dont want to record an album anyway, i dont mind my crappy music remaining ephemeral

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
finally i can be in the room with my friends chapo trap house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The part of the promotional video where the guy is sitting in an empty room reliving a time when his family there is almost unfathomably bleak.