Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m also gonna look at the pigs huge balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

^ been hearing that folks need ARs to deal with feral hogs, is that what they meant?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m gonna wear this poo poo when they euthanize me so I can have a spiritual experience as I die except the last thing I see is a low battery warning and that’s how I go

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

^ been hearing that folks need ARs to deal with feral hogs, is that what they meant?

it stands for "armalite reality" and the goggles allow you watch american school children get gunned down. It's super american.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
assist this

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Buce posted:

it stands for "armalite reality" and the goggles allow you watch american school children get gunned down. It's super american.

It’s not a clip it’s an Apple Mag!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
In all honestly, this thing is, technology and form-factor wise, a pretty good next step but VR/AR just isn’t going to go mainstream until you can just pop it on and go like a pair of sunglasses for under $399.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
:laffo: Remember Google Glass? :laffo:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mistle posted:

:laffo: Remember Google Glass? :laffo:

No, what was it?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

No, what was it?

people would wear them in locker rooms and live stream peoples dongs or something lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Chinatown posted:

people would wear them in locker rooms and live stream peoples dongs or something lol

Lol

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m also gonna look at the pigs huge balls

Bad Purchase posted:

:golfclap:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Using the Crapple version of the Awful app to post new threads…

…in VR…

VR goat man hell yeah

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Chinatown posted:

people would wear them in high school and live stream the insides of lockers

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

isaboo posted:

VR goat man hell yeah

*Me, throwing my hands up like I'm on a rollercoaster as it takes the plunge* woooooooaaaAAAHHH!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/rampcapitalllc/status/1665834971779547139

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the apple fanboy replies are something else

straight brain disease lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Can I watch Ted Lasso on it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

You know it's gonna be a real winner when even the hardcore Apple marks react with a loud, exasperated groan

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Was going to buy one or two of these but not anymore as they didn't have any Native American handicapped people in any of the promotional videos. loving bigots!

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

MrQwerty posted:

You know it's gonna be a real winner when even the hardcore Apple marks react with a loud, exasperated groan

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

how long until i see someone jogging or riding a bike wearing one of these?

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Guaranteed-funding startup pitch for this time next year: "reality cafés" where people can come to wear their goggles and play with pre-made AR setups and also keep out the poors who can't afford $3500

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Bad Purchase posted:

how long until i see someone jogging or riding a bike wearing one of these?

I'm hoping the same thing that happened with Google Glass happens here and anyone caught with one of these in public is relentlessly bullied. I feel like most people still probs consider it rude when someone points a phone camera directly at them when they aren't expecting it so maybe we'll get lucky and stave this stupid poo poo off for another 10 years.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

imagine paying 3500 dollars to look like a complete dork just so you can look at floating application windows

smh

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Chinatown posted:

With AR it will be augmented dongs :captainpop:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
it’s not like you’re recording people on the sly like glassholes could.

I’ll wait till v3MAX version that work as actual ski goggles but with the iron man hud :c00lbutt:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

it’s not like you’re recording people on the sly like glassholes could.

I’ll wait till v3MAX version that work as actual ski goggles but with the iron man hud :c00lbutt:

https://www.apple.com/apple-vision-pro/

Apple posted:

Vision Pro is Apple’s first 3D camera. You can capture magical spatial photos and spatial videos in 3D, then relive those cherished moments like never before with immersive Spatial Audio. Your existing library of photos and videos looks incredible at remarkable scale. And panoramas wrap around you — making you feel like you’re standing right where you took them.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

That's fine cause it's pretty gd obvious when someone is using one.

How long until you can change your display eyes as cats or scroll 'Brought to you by Carl's Jr."??

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime_VR

quote:

QuickTime VR (also known as QTVR) is an image file format developed by Apple Inc. for QuickTime, and discontinued along with QuickTime 7. It allows the creation and viewing of VR photography, photographically captured panoramas, and the viewing of objects photographed from multiple angles. It functions as plugins for the QuickTime Player and for the QuickTime Web browser plugin.

Initial release July 1995; 27 years ago

OK so they added sound and are finally delivering a first-party camera, got it.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

Don't worry, they'll make a fortune on this nonsense. If it doesn't sell well they can always just double the price.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

five downward facing cameras and i still cant find my dick

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

olives black posted:

I'm hoping the same thing that happened with Google Glass happens here and anyone caught with one of these in public is relentlessly bullied. I feel like most people still probs consider it rude when someone points a phone camera directly at them when they aren't expecting it so maybe we'll get lucky and stave this stupid poo poo off for another 10 years.

I've heard good enough things about the goggle's $380 competition I'm convinced we're a lot closer than that to adoption of AR. Apple's goggles are goofy as hell and DOA pricewise, but if they actually perform as advertised it's probably inevitable.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

At last, we can finally play the ultimate game of the future!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is12anYx2Qs

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Me in a Microsoft Teams meeting

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Congrats on Apple for making the best VR headset that can't be used as a VR headset.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They try pretty hard to hide it in press photos but the thing comes with a giant cable that runs down the length of your body into your pocket where a giant battery sits. At least the Google Glass had some notion of portability.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

That's one thing I'm less bothered by. It's still a bit of a regression but people put up with a cable between their earphones and Walkman for decades, and being able to easily swap it out eases battery anxiety a little bit.

The strap is removable, I get the feeling that there will be options for rear mounted batteries relatively quickly, though considering how niche this thing is it'll probably consist mostly of 3D printed adapters for Quest straps. Problem with those is that you can't lay down comfortably with them on.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

They try pretty hard to hide it in press photos but the thing comes with a giant cable that runs down the length of your body into your pocket where a giant battery sits. At least the Google Glass had some notion of portability.

I used a Google glass for 10 minutes and the battery got so hot I had to take it off before half my face melted. I guess with the battery pack you'll get a warm butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

uh thanks but i use android to masturbate