Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MuadDib Atreides posted:

having a laugh at the future crow eaters ITT

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Look I'm not saying it's going to be a failure of a product

Just that it's not going to do anything VR isn't already doing at less than 1/10 the price point

So exactly like iPhones, it will be a wild success.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
IPhone gave us a seamless web experience, a tailor made UI and a nifty touch keyboard. Maybe visual voicemail, too.

Seriously. Being able to just load an actual web site instead of working your way through a hosed up WAP portal was a loving revelation. And I dont even like the iPhone all that much.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

IPhone gave us a seamless web experience, a tailor made UI and a nifty touch keyboard. Maybe visual voicemail, too.

Seriously. Being able to just load an actual web site instead of working your way through a hosed up WAP portal was a loving revelation. And I dont even like the iPhone all that much.

I forget what the mobile internet was called in the before times of Nokia Symbian but it sucked absolute rear end

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

deep dish peat moss posted:

Just that it's not going to do anything VR isn't already doing at less than 1/10 the price point

So exactly like iPhones, it will be a wild success.

Lol at iphone bashing. Iphone revolutionized the internet and technology to say nothing of cellular phones... Then andropid farted out a bunch of me too failphones. Crapple is going to vitalize the virtual reality space and make it actually viable and more than a gimmick. You can and should bet money on that OP. Ya'll sound like folks heralding the fall of crapple when they refused to let Flash work on crapple devices.... just SMH

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Every market space crapple touches turns to gold except arguably the homepod space

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's a uniquely American thing to think that iphones are good, the rest of the world knows what's up with that tiny ios market share

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Smugworth posted:

I forget what the mobile internet was called in the before times of Nokia Symbian but it sucked absolute rear end

My fav part of this string of posts is that the original versions of Safari on ios were so incredibly bad that the Symbian actually overtook apple in mobile phone market share for the next 6 years lol

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

It's a uniquely American thing to think that iphones are good, the rest of the world knows what's up with that tiny ios market share

what phone do you think is good? ONe that wouldn't exist without the iphone no doubt. still be clicking away on crapberrys if it wasn't for crapple.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

MuadDib Atreides posted:

what phone do you think is good? ONe that wouldn't exist without the iphone no doubt. still be clicking away on crapberrys if it wasn't for crapple.

Every single phone is an inferior laptop, but non-Apple phones have the benefit of costing less than a laptop.

e: I don't even hate all apple products the Apple Pencil owns and is the best stylus I've used I draw on my iPad every day because it's a better drawing tablet than purpose-built drawing tablets like cintiqs

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 18, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

all phones are basically the same now lol

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

These days you can even run Android apps natively in Chrome on your PC (or mac!) making phones even less useful than before :unsmith:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’ll say it, it’s a failure, at least until they get a much cheaper model out

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

all phones are basically the same now lol

Bro don't even

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Every single phone is an inferior laptop, but non-Apple phones have the benefit of costing less than a laptop.

e: I don't even hate all apple products the Apple Pencil owns and is the best stylus I've used I draw on my iPad every day because it's a better drawing tablet than purpose-built drawing tablets like cintiqs

It honestly absolutely baffles my mind that someone could own an ipad, realize how great it is, and not realize that they are missing out on the epic scalability and beauty of the remainder of the apple ecosystem.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Can't believe you loving maroons have the nerve to rib the goofy looking goggles ITT. Show some respect! Steve Jobs died for this!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I would buy into the Apple Goggle wholesale if they make it like a Google Glass DBZ Scouter instead

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

How it started:

How it's going:

what the gently caress went wrong Humanity

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I remember I saw someone wearing Google Glass in the wild in like...2013 or 2014. I felt embarrassed for them.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Wearing a mock turtleneck rn

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MuadDib Atreides posted:

lmao so why don't you toxx over it, coward

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

Wearing a mock turtleneck rn

In real life or AR?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

lmao so why don't you toxx over it, coward

I will gladly toxxx over it but none of you will admit defeat. there are people in this very thread who consider an iphone a failure.... your freaking techno noobs

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

if steve jobs had the goggles he might have been able to see that trying to cure his cancer with fruit or w/e was a dumb idea

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
He owed his life to Apple. Fitting it should deliver his death as well.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

A poignant piece of performance art, reminding his employees that their Jobs will die at the hands of Apple

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 18, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Crapple

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

My fav part of this string of posts is that the original versions of Safari on ios were so incredibly bad that the Symbian actually overtook apple in mobile phone market share for the next 6 years lol
Could it be that iPhone was notoriously locked and chained to ATT? And not available to other manufacturers like Sybian was?

Oh wai

quote:

As a pioneer that established the smartphone industry, it was the most popular smartphone OS on a worldwide average until the end of 2010, at a time when smartphones were in limited use, when it was overtaken by iOS and Android. It was notably less popular in North America.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Crapple

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

MuadDib Atreides posted:

I will gladly toxxx over it but none of you will admit defeat. there are people in this very thread who consider an iphone a failure.... your freaking techno noobs

so day 1 cop, op?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If I can replace my mac’s screen with these it will be so loving metal (well, if it works at all)

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

always amazed that steve jobs still lives rent
free in all the crapple haters’ heads. how does he do it folks? one of the most notorious skeletons of all time

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 18, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Real talk thanks for giving me a flashback to the early internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgPX2tkxLrE

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

This is America, baby. We define ourselves by the products we consume. Ridiculing a new product from our tech gods means you swear fealty to their enemy! Choose wisely, scum!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost

Escape From Noise posted:

This is America, baby. We define ourselves by the products we consume. Ridiculing a new product from our tech gods means you swear fealty to their enemy! Choose wisely, scum!

I put on my wizard robe and gently caress you

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I put on my wizard robe and gently caress you

It better be with an AndroidTM dong.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MuadDib Atreides posted:

So do it then, don't be a baby back bitch. Declare your toxx conditions

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost

Escape From Noise posted:

It better be with an AndroidTM dong.

:wink:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The best phone was the Droid. The one that said "Droooid" when you turned it on, or got a message, or anything happened on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBL47tHrvMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The best phone was the Droid. The one that said "Droooid" when you turned it on, or got a message, or anything happened on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBL47tHrvMA

:wrong:

The best phone was the rotary phone with the separate hearing piece because apparently it's an impossible puzzle to us millennials and when you use it you can talk into it like an old timey reporter.