Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I’m back! Having an entire 2 cup container full of boiling water fall directly onto your hand really, really hurts. Luckily the damage wasn’t too severe and it just felt like a bad sunburn for a few days.

Thanks to everyone who helped out in last week’s GDT and thanks to pseudodragon for inspiration for this week’s thread title.

pseudodragon posted:

An 1800 ft tall middle finger as Anthony Bass enters the field.

https://twitter.com/sebasti13730725/status/1664084263992545281?s=20

Edit: Someone was actually watching and waiting to hit the button rather than a coincidence

https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/06/cn-tower-pride-colours-anthony-bass/

quote:

The CN Tower's official lighting schedule stated that the tower would be illuminated in pink and blue on the night of May 31 to acknowledge Preeclampsia Awareness Month.

The Pride Month lighting schedule was only supposed to take effect today, on June 1. During this programming, a rainbow light show is planned for the bottom of every hour throughout the month.

Even if the calendar schedule somehow got messed up, Bass came out in relief at around 9:39 p.m., nowhere close to the "bottom of the hour" rainbow shows planned for Pride Month.

Here’s today’s schedule:

:frogsiren: Monday Jun 5 :frogsiren:
• TB @ BOS
4:05 PM ET
BSSUN, NESN

• DET @ PHI
6:40 PM ET
BSDET, NBCSP

• KC @ MIA
6:40 PM ET
BSKC, BSFL, FS1

• OAK @ PIT
7:05 PM ET
NBCSCA, ATTP, MLBN

• HOU @ TOR
7:07 PM ET
ATTH, SNET

• MIL @ CIN
7:10 PM ET
BSWI, BSOH

• STL @ TEX
8:05 PM ET
BSMW, BSSW, MLBN

• CHC @ SD
9:10 PM ET
MARQ, SDPA, MLBN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oops, didn't realize y'all were already working on it. Closed my dupe thread then!

Wishing the Tigers a very Please Suck So The Guards Can Make Up Some Ground In The AL Central

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Go the Blue Jays imo

e: oh poo poo it's Manoah

Gerblederp fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 6, 2023

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

throw a strike you prick

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Okay then Astros

Donate some of those runs to the Padres please

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Julks is cool and rapidly becoming a favorite

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

no not like that

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Gerblederp posted:

throw a strike you prick

We talked about this before but if he's not injured in any way then it must be the pitch clock loving him up

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Time to send Manoah down IMHO

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

We talked about this before but if he's not injured in any way then it must be the pitch clock loving him up

Got to be, he has looked this consistently terrible every start.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
6 runs given up before getting two outs in the first inning. For gently caress's sake, send Manoah to triple A already. I don't care HOW lovely the pitchers the Jays have there are, anyone but Manoah is worth a try at this point. They cannot possibly be THAT much worse.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 6, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
This Astros game is amazing :allears:

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

...! posted:

This Astros game is amazing :allears:

:wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Good job on the 0.1 inning, Manoah

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

...! posted:

Good job on the 0.1 inning, Manoah

Never thought the jays would have a starting pitcher that would make me long for the days of Dickie eating poo poo because the ambient temperature wasn't quite right for his knuckleball but here we are lmao

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Thank you Kirk

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Either put Manoah on the IL with some bullshit or go to AAA. But honestly, I think he just needs a break to get his head right.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

6 runs given up before getting two outs in the first inning. For gently caress's sake, send Manoah to triple A already. I don't care HOW lovely the pitchers the Jays have there are, anyone but Manoah is worth a try at this point. They cannot possibly be THAT much worse.

i think the next starter would be mitch white and i think he's even worse than manoah is now. just not a good situation

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Trea is back!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So this is what it’s like to have Trea Turner on your team

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Do not even ask posted:

i think the next starter would be mitch white and i think he's even worse than manoah is now. just not a good situation

I don't believe that. You could train a dog to do a better job pitching through the order than Manoah did tonight.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Jesus Yordan

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

man he hit the piss out of that

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I will never get tired of seeing Jake Marisnick eat poo poo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Situation so bad in Toronto we're warming up the pitcher the fans actively hate/boo.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

eat poo poo bass

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

.399 I can taste it!!!!!!!!!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Maton still pissed

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
cmon Abreu

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Uhhhhh why the hell was Harper’s brace flapping around??

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Red posted:

Maton still pissed

Even he's feeding off Rhys back in the bank.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I need to see how angry Maton is now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Cooked in every way

Red
Apr 15, 2003

That call was absolute horseshit, Ellis was robbed

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sweeping the Cardinals then losing to the A’s would be the most Pirates thing in the world.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol at this ump calling a foul tip on Tucker when the ball never came within six inches of the bat

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Really hope they don't look at all the pitchers in this Toronto outing and send down Jay Jackson

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Drew Ellis just saved that Turner throw

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Oh, cool to see Amaya get called out on a pitch 4 inches off the plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Schneider refusing to let a position player pitch is emblematic of why he's such a dogshit manager.