Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
FORE!!!!!
Hey BUD, America deserved 9/11
Who gives a poo poo OP. Give me some Saudi money bitch.
Golf is good actually (select this if you are a huge piece of poo poo)
Goku holding that "QUIET" sign up when some rich idiot hits a golf ball real hard
View Results

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

dr_rat posted:

Or reverse kink I guess?

Hey, if I had a reverse kink, it'd be cheaper to just buy an Audi!*

*people old enough to actually care about watching golf on a regular basis will get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Golf is pretty fun OP. I'll take you if you want sometime.

Golf sucks rear end. Disc golf is a million times more fun, and also doesn't destroy the environment. and also isn't a game primarily for rich pedophiles.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lol Disc Golf

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

well, most jurisdictions frown on dick golf in public

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

one of the best looking 2d / sprite games ever

the neo geo was worth the price of admission or the risk of stealing one from the rich kid in class

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Code Jockey posted:

one of the best looking 2d / sprite games ever

the neo geo was worth the price of admission or the risk of stealing one from the rich kid in class

I was lucky and my local arcade had one of those 4 in 1 neogeo cabs so I didn't have to talk to rich kids to play NTM

Please enjoy the smooth sounds of one of the finest golfing games of our generation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLJ4jOAQINo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwUv27oB4f4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nooner posted:

I like golfing I used to go every weekend with my friends my favorite part was getting faced on whiskey by like the 5th hole and also saying happy Gilmore quotes

nooner mcgavin

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

And your call yourself a radical nineties wizard. There is only one thing more radical 90s than disc golf and that is ultimate Frisbee.

Sad boomer wizard with saggy mantits should be your name

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I once went to a crazy golf in Majorca and the course itself was pretty normal mini golf. But the thing they had that made it crazy is they had a few goats wandering free in on the course

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

How the gently caress is golf popular when mini golf is objectively better. Regular golf is boring as poo poo, the courses are gigantic, mini golf is the right size. They spend almost all their strokes on the green anyway might as well cut out the first part and bam at that point you're already halfway to mini golf. Then instead of trying to pretend that the green sloping up at 16 degrees instead of 17 is really exciting you put in like a dragon or a ferris wheel which is a much better change.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

aniviron posted:

How the gently caress is golf popular when mini golf is objectively better. Regular golf is boring as poo poo, the courses are gigantic, mini golf is the right size. They spend almost all their strokes on the green anyway might as well cut out the first part and bam at that point you're already halfway to mini golf. Then instead of trying to pretend that the green sloping up at 16 degrees instead of 17 is really exciting you put in like a dragon or a ferris wheel which is a much better change.

SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE A SHORT GAME, OK?

OK!?!?!

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
jokes on them the western world is going to start looking at the water waste on courses soon and development space wasted so fat men can move balls around an that

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Spinz posted:

gently caress Saudi Arabia seriously

I will never forgive them ever for loving cutting that guy up with a chainsaw ever
And a gerbillion other good reasons

What, you think the US is so innocent? People in glass countries shouldn’t throw stones

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
https://youtube.com/shorts/bcCgRb6sZts?feature=share4

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like getting a burg and a cold one three at the 19th hole

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

My dad really tried to get me into golfing when I was young, but it always just frustrated me and I didn't have the will to get better at it when there's so much other cool stuff to do as a kid.

I would keep going because I did like having that dad/son time with him away from it all and also we would get hot dogs at the club house afterwards. Sometimes he'd even rent a cart and let me drive it.

So, golf loving sucks but I'm glad I got to spend that time with my dad.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i remember when the tiny little municipal golf course that charges like $15 for 9 reopened after covid and my brother posted how excited he was to golf again and someone posted an epically long screed in response about how elitist etc golf was and how he should be ashamed to supprot it and w/e. it's like sure dog but this is the fuckin city golf course and 95% of the players are using dads old clubs or some poo poo from the salvation army lol

I like to golf places where the dress code is "You can golf without a shirt on, but please try to remember to wear shoes, thanks!"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Extra Large Marge posted:

I like to golf places where the dress code is "You can golf without a shirt on, but please try to remember to wear shoes, thanks!"

But feeling the grass beneath your naked feet is like the one good thing about golf!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I bet there is a story involving a goon making GBS threads some pants and/or attempt to get a date that involves golfing

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Ah Saudi Arabia... the Bitcoin of countries.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Frolf and Snolf and what the golf?

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Scam Likely posted:

Ah Saudi Arabia... the Bitcoin of countries.

they are bad, bad people

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/07/uae-oil-firm-cop28-climate-summit-emails-sultan-al-jaber-adnoc

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

saudi arabia is a terrorist kingdom and is but a temporary blip on this planet

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
sometimes it feels like The Stand was real life but instead of las vegas it was actually dubai

the devil lives in the desert

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

turn all golf courses into half public parks half mini golf. yes, the ultimate dream... government funded short game

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

with dragons

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

golf rules. I love lording my perfectly arable land over the peasants

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Golf does rule tbh I mean I like walking around nature hitting balls.

Just because bad people play golf doesn't mean the game bad

Don't hate the game hate the player

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

its a waste of land for an excuse to get buzzed with the boys while it's nice and cool out, which dhould be made legal at minigolf

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Gold could use a little more brutality. It's kind of weak these days.

Where is the blood? The slaves to carry you around? The most nubile of the slaves to slip McDonalds into your ravenous jiggling maw?

All lost to PC culture.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Golf does rule tbh I mean I like walking around nature hitting balls.

it sucks poo poo OP

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just walk around nature and swing a stick at anything that offends you.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Knormal posted:

I saw a TV ad for that big line city they're trying to pretend will ever happen. It was very weird and I couldn't tell what they were actually trying to sell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ox214YLvw

this was a good game, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIoJnMT3yUI

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

They didn't start off bad, golf corrupted them, as well us all if we let it!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I need my special country club grass to walk on, lest I walk on the same ground as the poors

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I. M. Gei posted:

I saw a few of those ads trying to convince people to move to Abu Dhabi or Dubai or something cuz apparently that's where all the new future hipness is gonna be.

Like wow, I was just thinking how much I'd like to go live in a barren featureless wasteland hotter than Satan's taint with nothing fun to do and 1000 times the religious conservatism of America plus they'll fuckin stone you to death for whistling in public! Where do I sign up?

EDIT: I just watched the video and WHAT IN THE GOD IS THAT poo poo?!?!? :psypop: Is some sick lunatic actually trying to build that monstrosity?

gently caress, futurism is a disease.

the line makes a lot of sense because it'd take way more than 1 plane to knock it down

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

goatface posted:

Just walk around nature and swing a stick at anything that offends you.

Worked for the empire :britain:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Threw a nice drive 286 down the fairway solid contact for a nice draw on a dog leg. Landing me 105 from the pin. Pumped a P wedge 3 feet from the pin. Completing a single putt for a beautiful eagle.

Score card Total? 108

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like golf. Golf is good and fun.