Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
The Desantis campaign is in a real lovely situation
They can't talk about real policies, because they don't have any
They can't talk about Trump being a criminal, because Desantis has already said that Trump is being politically prosecuted by the Jews Soros
Ron could just NOT wear lifts in his heels I guess, but that would be capitulating to his critics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Ron Dion Desantis

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Rigel posted:

I assume the humiliation of Ron DeSantis has at least a few days left, but then we are probably going to need a new title for the thread.

Ron Voyage

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Can someone explain how Nikki Haley would be a stronger candidate than Trump? Because I don't see it. I don't think she beats Biden when she loses millions of votes and doesn't gain any.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
I don't think Nikki Haley's problem is that she's a woman
Her problem is that she's Not Donald Trump
She simply does not have the juice to get 75 million Americans to vote for her, let alone debase themselves into a cult-like following for her

Like, do you really see family-shattering arguments occurring because of Nikki Haley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

You don't need to be a member of someone's cult to vote for them. Biden does not have 80 million cult followers. The entire appeal of Haley is that she's Not Donald Trump, and that you're unlikely to get into family-shattering arguments because of her. Even though she's a standard lovely Republican from a left-wing perspective, she represents the return to relative normalcy and decorum that many in the center are craving.

That's what these polls are showing. She does better against Biden than Trump does. If you think the polls are wrong, explain why. The only problem with them that I see is that they don't account for a potential scenario in which Trump urges his MAGA followers not to vote for the globalist Haley, or even launches his own campaign as an independent. Then she would be in trouble, yes.

The polls are wrong because Democrats have been consistently over-performing them and Republicans are consistently underperforming them.
Nikki Haley wouldn't even crack 70 million votes. The polls are literally just assuming that Haley has the same baseline of votes as Trump has.
Donald Trump could run a write-in campaign from jail and he'd still pull more votes than Haley. The Nevada primary proved this.