Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Makes sense, that 27% not considering DeSantis has consistently been Trump’s floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Ron DeSantis and Rick Perry are the most bizarrely successful politicians who can win elections in huge states, raise millions of dollars, and convince other people that they should vote for them/not run against them, but apparently completely melt down as soon as they leave their state.

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1684690327750254592

Not knowing what an ICEE is should disqualify him from Florida office let alone president

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Endless election season is hell even from afar in forgone conclusion states, I do not envy living in one of the early ones that get descended upon

the texts are unending :negative:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nikki Haley having a normal one on trying to explain the cause of the Civil War:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FytvnU34N8Q

I know we all quote that Achewood comic about "this is the worst possible answer in the universe" but this might actually be the case here, and that smug "next question" is gonna bite her in the rear end.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 28, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

It’s an incoherent answer that totally dodges the question. Seems like the right move for winning over Republicans.

In South Carolina yes, but that answer isn’t going to help her in New England, the ones that aren’t Libertarians are very much “Party of Lincoln” types.

She already has that evangelical stink to her New Englanders despise (less so than DeSantis but enough) and this isn’t going to do her any favors.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gyges posted:

Trump will ramble on in every direction no matter what the question, but I think you guys are really overthinking his thought process. Dude's a product of the Northeast and has zero curiosity or brains. He'll say it was slavery, and then enter his typical word salad where he may brag about how he would have won the war so fast or he might just start ranting about how everyone is so uncivil to him now.

If he'd actually spent any real life time outside New York, LA, or South Florida then he might maybe do a little off-key ditty about State's Rights.

Yeah one of Trump's strengths going against these Republican Southern Governors is being being a product of the Northeast, Trump despises evangelicals as much as the standard Northeaster.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I’ve had my cell phone since like 2008 and I’m still getting inundated with texts for someone that isn’t me 🙄

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/21/politics/new-hampshire-primary-poll-trump-haley-desantis/index.html

Trump went up from 39 to 50%
Haley went up from 32 to 39%
DeSantis is down to 6% :laffo:

It's over if this is accurate for Tuesday.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

ponzicar posted:

Trump was able to get nominated in 2016 because he was entertaining enough to get a plurality out of a clown car of zero charisma nobodies, and the establishment pick immediately crumbled under his bullying. I am still expecting Trump to get the nomination, but the anti-Trump Republicans now have a single candidate to rally around instead of splitting their votes between the jebs of the world.

The problem is that Haley is assuming DeSantis' voters were anti-Trump which seems to be quite the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Angry_Ed posted:

It's kind of unsurprising he'd be bitter and insecure. A woman is daring to run against him and not only didn't quit after losing NH but got within 10 points of him.

She didn’t get within 10 she only got 43% vs. his 55% after the final counting. She got every possible endorsement and the voters did not give a poo poo