Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have decided to dramatically improve the quality of this thread by taking a picture of every piece of mail I get for the New Hampshire primary and posting it here so you all can suffer with me. Here is what I've collected so far this month. If there is any interest, I will start taking pictures of both sides.

Also, I have no idea who Doug Burgum is or what he is running for, but he's a new leader or something...

daslog fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Today's mail has another Nikki Haley mailer and an anti-Joe Biden mailer from some random PAC

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The next batch of mail came in and my wife is wondering why I'm suddenly taking pictures of junk mail. I'm starting to see a pattern here; Niki Haley has a PAC that seems to be banking on a good NH showing, and there is another PAC that wants to convince voters that anyone is better than Trump because he can't win the General. Or it just could be parasitic consultants bilking rich donors out of their money via overpriced mailers.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Was traveling on Business this week. Here is what came in the mail while I was out.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
This one came in over the weekend.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Mustang posted:

I really don't see how Trump is going to win having already lost once to Biden and the GOP consistently underperforming in elections.

Unless uneducated white people really are that unhinged and just can't help themselves to vote for the guy a second time.

I can see it happening if Biden has a debilitating medical issue of some type and the Democrats put up Harris as the new nominee. She's very unpopular and ran a poor campaign when she was running for president.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

BiggerBoat posted:

The graphic design is still making me angry that someone got paid for it .

I fear that today's mailers won't make you feel much better.

2024 GOP Primary: A lesson in Graphic design

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Only one mailer today. Graphics are slightly less horrible than usual

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Just one today. I'm starting to lose track of how many of these I'm getting.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Zwabu posted:

Oh no, is the Vivek moment already over?

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/nikki-haley-rises-second-pair-early-state-gop-polls-rcna118886

Definitely suggestive of an effort by the NoTrumps vote to coalesce around Haley. More notable than Vivek fading away (which was entirely predictable) is Haley shooting past DeSantis.

How deep is his appetite for humiliation?

If Vivek had sent me 2 mailers a week for the last 3 months like Haley did then maybe he would be doing better?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Was on a business trip for a few days and came back to this one from Vivek. At first glance, I thought it was an ad for a comedian.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Clarste posted:

I think it's more that we don't want our politicians to be friendly anymore, we want them to destroy our enemies.

Trump did very well bringing in new voters to the GOP who believed that he hated who they did.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
New Mailer came in. This time it's for Chris Christie.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I've been remiss in posting the mailings. Here are the last two weeks worth. If I posted a double by mistake, it's because after a while they all look the same.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Discendo Vox posted:

Interesting...note the small printed string near the address box in most of them? That's apparently their internal documentation of individual campaign messages. I think they're all from a single entity. Can you transcribe the codes?

If I had to guess, they all come from RH Donnelly or some other mega corporate printer.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I would love to be a fly on the wall listening into the discussion on the approval for that ad. I picture a bunch of old men trying to understand how Reddit works, failing miserably, and then just green lighting it because reasons.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Phlegmish posted:

That's the one thing you can say for empty suit Haley, she's the only one willing to unambiguously distance herself from Trump at times. Of course, since the latter has so thoroughly co-opted the GOP, it won't matter in the end, but at least she tried.

I think she has a shot if she can outright beat Trump in New Hampshire. Her problem is that the GOP working class voter that love Trump absolutely hate her and what she represents.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Got home to New Hampshire tonight after being away for 2 weeks. I received a handful of political mail

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Phlegmish posted:

Betting the China one's from Haley, she seems obsessed with that country for some reason

It's Desantis actually.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Well don't leave everyone hanging, is he pro-surrender or pro-strength?

He went to great lengths to explain it. This one opens up like a book.

Page 1 - Commies!

Page 2 - Nikki is a surrenderer. Ron Strong

Page 3 - Ron is so dreamy

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Here is a picture of the rest of the mailers. I put the address side down, but if there are a couple that you really want to see let me know.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

smackfu posted:

What’s the one in the bottom middle about abortion?

Also who is sending Biden mailers when he’s not even on the NH ballot?

The other side is blank. Paid for by Granite for America.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

BiggerBoat posted:

I heard an NPR segment today interviewing Republicans who will reluctantly pull the lever for Trump even though they say they don't want to. A lot of them, along with plenty of people I run into here in NE FL MAGA County, seem to say that they dislike both parties but Trump is "the only one they can trust" and someone who "looks out for the people" and I just...

I'm not sure where to start with that. Donald Trump doesn't give two shits about anyone but himself and the idea of him being trustworthy is a whole other level of delusion. He really did tap into a large segment of the "both parties bad" populace. And these people aren't wrong to point out that establishment politicians on either side of the aisle have let us down for decades but I'm not sure how they landed on Trump to be the baton carrier for trustworthiness and compassion for the little guy.

Jesus Christ.

When I was much younger in college, I always thought that when more and more people saw that the system was breaking down they would collectively do what needed to be done to change the system. Instead what they do is gravitate towards the loudest blowhard that tells them what they want to hear.

Talk about young and Naive.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

poo poo how many of us lost a few years to mmo's much less actual addictions

Too many. gently caress you, UUNet and your lovely packet loss.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Haley lost the Nevada Primary to "None of the above?"

I guess that's a wrap then?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

C. Everett Koop posted:

I don't know what's the better thread title:

2024 GOP Primary: Nikki Haley Humiliation Station

2024 GOP Primary: None of the Above

None of the above. Unless Trump dies.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

1. Polls are not nearly as accurate as the people who make money off them pretend they are. They make for a great news story that's cheap to write though.

2. It doesn't matter, Trump is going to win unless something out of the blue happens. Maybe a heart attack or a dementia moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Sorry I was referring to the general election and I do think Trump is going to win. Probably best for another thread.