Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
It's always a great sign to burn through so much staff so early in a campaign. Not at all humiliating!
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/08/ron-desantis-replaces-campaign-manager-00110253

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Ron DeSantis - in his new more relatable and human form - is having his wife give interviews to stress his humility and compassion.

The two examples she gave of his humility and compassion during their 14-year marriage were:

1) He took her out to dinner as a surprise in 2014.

2) After she was diagnosed with breast cancer, he would pick up their kids from school on days when her cancer treatment was scheduled at the same time as their kids' school or sports.

https://twitter.com/VABVOX/status/1689358167975534592

The dude is a muppet, he laughs like a muppet throwing his head back with his mouth wide open, he didn't even console her when she was crying and she reached out for his hand, it just feels like a poor masquerade of humanity.

My husband heard that interview without seeing the visuals, and he had no idea that was a husband and wife talking. And it's VERY telling when someone uses language like that, he picked up "my kids". I bet she uses the phrase "he babysat" when he is alone with the kids. Just gross, creepy stuff.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Anyone have a good video of Desantis getting booed at the Jacksonville photo op today? I've only read about it

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

daslog posted:

2024 GOP Primary: A lesson in Graphic design

It's working, though. She's polling 2nd in NH! The mailer game is real, y'all.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

skeleton warrior posted:

You guys are babies. I live in Virginia, with odd-year state elections, so every year is an election year. The last football game had back-to-back-to-back commercials from local Republicans trying to convince me that the Democrats were happy to let rapists loose in the streets.

Sorry to derail a bit, how is the feeling on the ground in VA? Should we hope for a blue wave or is Youngkin getting his trifecta?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

So has Trump gone even further down the fash-hole than before? The media is reporting it like he's literally parroting Hitler, and his plans for a second/forever term are more alarming than ever. Did the recent polls just go to his head? He had been off the campaign trail for a while, and sort-of keeping his mouth shut, but these recent rallys have reminded everyone of the rhetoric and I feel like people are alarmed he's still aiming for authoritarianism.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think people kinda forget trump IS his base as much as he hates them and he consumes the same insane media poo poo but probably even more "pure" because he has miller and others feeding him all kinds of insane poo poo. like i dont think trumps some great believer in the Culture war poo poo or whatever but he eats from the same toxic traugh they do. so now he is just fully self radicalized and then gets his words parroted back to him by his base and the news he consumes and on and on.

I think the most jarring thing for me was the news that Miller is already looking for lawyers who will defend these insane Trump policies once they get into office. One year out, they already know their poo poo is so toxic and evil they are massing a stable of shithead lawyers to push it all through anyway.
Aren't all the "best" terrible right-wing lawyers already on Trump's various criminal cases? In addition to all the ones who turned into defendants?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Bodyholes posted:

How would there be a civil war? I mean if democrats grew a spine and blue states seceded and sought international legitimacy that'd be neat but I see no indication that they'd do that.

They'd roll over and take 50 years of fascism like they've rolled over and taken losses before.

Come on now, you aren't even trying.

VorpalBunny fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Anyone watching the DeSantis/Newsom "debate"? I'd love the highlights.