Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'll toss up a watch thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

OctaMurk posted:

don't understand the answers on the illegal immigrant children

"they broke the law therefore they are not subject to the jursidiction of our laws"

ummm wtf? how can they be breaking the law then?

it is a completely insane legal argument trying to sidestep an utterly, incontrovertibly* black and white clause in the constitution

* - there's probably an only mostly insane reading where a child of two unauthorized immigrant parents born on a tribal reservation doesn't get instant citizenship but stripping citizenship from two children per decade isn't exactly what these monsters are going for

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who even is this Vivek guy? I never even heard of.hij until he got on stage

finance and biotechnology shithead

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Vivek’s closing statement was to declare that Joe Biden is a puppet president and that Michelle Obama will be the real candidate.

He caught me by surprise.

that's been a greatest hits conspiracy theory since 2016, mostly to rile up the racists

all the nominal candidates are going to drop out at the convention in favor of Barack Obama's black wife

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There is no GOP to make such a choice. There's just victims of trumps con job, which makes sense because Trump is a better con artist than the people who previously ran the GOP.

yeah that is consistently the sort of take I disagree with: this isn't the UK (whose parties are still somewhat swingable) and this isn't smoky back room days, there's not a shadowy conspiracy going "you know who need in 2020/2024? Donald Trump"

Donald Trump in particular is the victory of populism and the base running the party, and it couldn't be more fitting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

yeah I'm plotting for convention delegates again but it's not in case Biden steps down, it's in case Biden dies