Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Agreed. As a resident I can tell you that the state (or at least where I live) is getting dumber, meaner and less affordable but, in conservative ideology, is held up as a shining beacon of Freedom because they stayed open for business during Covid and only 89,000 people died.

The worst thing happening here, that's especially related to the free market, is that pretty soon it will become impossible to insure a home, and not just on the coast. Which is gonna get real weird legally when mortgage owners are required by law to have it but no company in the country will offer it. I'm wondering what happens then? My understanding is that the bank just buys it somewhere for you but that doesn't sound too great and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it will be just a tad expensive.

DeSantis is doing jack poo poo about it (too busy fighting Disney and schools) and I'm not sure what can be done short of some kind of non profit/public option model but that's a non starter for the free market conservatives here.

Also it bears reminding everyone that DeSantis literally covered up COVID death numbers including imprisoning people who tried to accurately report them, so is that 89,000 number even real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
EDIT: misread a chart, disregard

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 30, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Eason the Fifth posted:

They're all over New Hampshire :negative:

Not sure if that's better or worse than all the Trump 20204 signs and the signboards for places that claim "this is getting ridiculous, Trump 2024"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What is about pharma (and O&G to extent) that attracts the shittiest people? Like, I'm sure the normal chemical industry has tons of awful people, but none of them gets as loud and public as pharma

Also I'm surprised Martin Shkreli hasn't tried a vanity presidential run come to think about it. Guess he can't really take the "Hillary Clinton is a demon out to murder me" votes away from Trump.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Facts don't care about your feelings"*

*Unless those feelings support what we believe

PT6A posted:

They remind me more of the graphic warnings on Canadian cigarette packs. Bold colours, angry text, repugnant images.

Need some mailers that warn people the dangers of prematurely aging from voting Republican, with pictures of Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon, etc.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

DeSantis' problem lie more in his anti-charisma, AI mannerisms, and clear usage of high heels. People can't hear his meaningless answers through his strained, rigor smile.

He is the latest in a long line of Florida Republicans who are less a human being and more an eldritch demon in a human suit.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It doesn't take brainpower to break things. Rather the reverse.

It's very easy to destroy something especially when you don't care about the consequences

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sax Mortar posted:

Updates are too progressive.

640k memory should be enough for any Governor

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It was painfully obvious that once you removed Ron from the echo-chamber of Florida's media etc. that his poo poo wasn't going to play on the national stage.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
As a Massachusetts resident I've also been getting pinged with Haley texts even though I've never lived in NH, and never voted Republican ever besides that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Trump seemed very bitter in his speech that Haley isn’t dropping out and kissing the ring. So I wonder if that could kind of extend her viability. If he’s all salty and insecure about her even as he’s beating her that seems like it potentially makes her a bigger threat and effectively does for her what she’s unwilling to do with direct attacks. She can just be all southern passive aggressive about it.

I mean she’s still gonna lose.

It's kind of unsurprising he'd be bitter and insecure. A woman is daring to run against him and not only didn't quit after losing NH but got within 10 points of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bellmaker posted:

She didn’t get within 10 she only got 43% vs. his 55% after the final counting. She got every possible endorsement and the voters did not give a poo poo

Fair. At the time I posted that she was 8% off but counting hadn't finished.