Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Kalli posted:

Gonna go ahead and say the Disney thing doesn't seem to be working out too well for Ron

https://twitter.com/NavigatorSurvey/status/1669359093860175877

Remember when DeSantis was the "Trump But Competent" boogeyman of these forums?

Not that that was entirely wrong--he's definitely been incredibly harmful in Florida. But he is crumbling so, so hard, and he hasn't even been exposed to a Trump Burn yet. Disney in particular feels like the dumbest fight he could have possibly picked--he'd already polished up his bigot credentials, going after Disney for being woke is a fight that you are never going to win, is attacking a massive state employer for reasons that not that many people actually care about to that degree, and isn't really going to win you anyone.

I think by the time 2028 rolled around, his position would have already fallen apart as decisions like that came home to roost, so he has to run this time, except Trump still exists. And the Disney issue is moving way faster than I think he anticipated. It's such an own goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Here's another loser alienating his entire voting base.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1688966597388464128

Regardless of how posters feel about the war, the Republicans he needs to convince are not going to be swayed by complimenting Biden's job on literally anything.

I'm pretty sure that rather than being a grift for money, Christie's campaign is a grift to get cameras on him so he can criticize Trump more. I mean, it isn't going to get him the win, or probably even a particularly close loss, but he is going to have a lot of I Told You So cred after Trump gets convicted and loses the election.

It at least makes him memorable compared to the other no-hopers.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

It's not surprising, but it is a little disappointing that Trump is officially sitting out the debate. Yeah, we get Christie and Hutch vs. the people who are running against Trump but also have to defend him, but we could've had that dynamic and Trump making GBS threads all over his own defenders.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I thought it was a thing that a higher voice was actually considered more desirable before microphones were common, because it would carry a lot firther than a deeper voice, so you could more effectively address a crowd.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

OctaMurk posted:

I am convinced that all the otehr candidates really hate Ramaswamy too

Oh, they very clearly loathe him.

I doubt any of them really like each other, but Vivek the hate particularly--and he's a good target to go after, being high among the polls (at least, "high" as far as Not-Trumps go).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Yeah, there wasn't really any winning with that question, whoever asked it was definitely trying to screw her over. Good on them.