Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
Mike Pence's campaign logo looks like something for a brand of frozen peas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
I'm a little disappointed - I'm also in New Hampshire, but the closest I've come to the primary circus has been working on a dock adjacent to where Vivek Ramaswamy was giving a speech to a boatload of Republican donors. No mailers. Maybe the fact that my roommates and I are all registered Dems is influencing the spam?

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

I finally get some fun New Hampshire mail. There's been a bunch of "it's not too late to switch parties!" mail but this one finally says why - it's the Christie campaign hoping Dem-registered voters switch over for the primary. Interesting strategy, but I can't say he's wrong as far as it being his best hope for anything other than sputtering out at 2% of the vote.
He will still sputter out at 2% of the vote.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

Discendo Vox posted:

Has anyone identified who asked the question of Haley? It's a fantastic shivving.
WaPo talked to the guy but he didn't want to identify himself.

quote:

At first, when she heard the question, Haley appeared caught off guard. The recreation room in this northernmost city in New Hampshire, a place that has leaned red in recent elections, grew quiet, and Haley looked at the man dressed in a plaid shirt who stood behind his sons seated in the back row.
She paused and responded, “Well, don’t come with an easy question.” Then she proceeded to answer.
“I think the cause of the Civil War was basically how government was going to run, the freedoms and what people could and couldn’t do,” Haley said.
She then turned the question to the man who asked it: “What do you think the cause of the Civil War was?”
The man responded that he is not running for president and wanted to hear her thoughts.
“I think it always comes down to the role of government and what the rights of the people are,” Haley continued. “And I will always stand by the fact that I think government was intended to secure the rights and freedoms of the people. It was never meant to be all things to all people. Government doesn’t need to tell you how to live your life. They don’t need to tell you what you can and can’t do. They don’t need to be a part of your life.”
The man then responded, “In the year 2023, it’s astonishing to me that you answer that question without mentioning the word slavery.”
Haley quickly replied with a question: “What do you want me to say about slavery?”
The man said, “You’ve answered my question, thank you.” Haley replied, “Next question.”
The voter declined to share his name when asked by The Washington Post. He later told reporters that he had asked the question because he saw her answer such a question when she was running for governor of South Carolina and he was curious if she would provide the same response in New Hampshire.
When Haley ran for governor of South Carolina in 2010, she addressed the Civil War during a private meeting with two leaders of Confederate heritage groups. She called it a fight between “tradition” and “change.”
“You see passions on different sides,” she said at the time during comments that were captured on video and previously reported by The Washington Post. “I don’t think anyone does anything out of hate.”
The man who asked the question said he thought her reply reflected her previous comments and he wasn’t surprised by it. He declined to share his party affiliation or any information about his political beliefs. He added that he thought she was an accomplished and smart woman and her staff was respectful.
Ah, New Hampshire. I live literally two houses over from a guy who got arrested for threatening a mass shooting at a Ramaswamy event here - got to see the FBI raid his place a couple weekends ago.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

Phlegmish posted:

The gently caress lol, I wouldn't vote for him either if I were in NH, but I guess no one's running against him

Nope, Dean Phillips and Marianne Williamson are. So there have been mailers to write in Biden so none of the clowns get any positive feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

Mooseontheloose posted:

who the gently caress is doing their targetting?
On the subject of Haley's targeting, or lack thereof, I got this text yesterday.

I have a consistent record of voting in Democratic primaries here... why the gently caress do they think Judge Judy is going to get out my vote for Nikki Haley? This is after a run of messages about several events with Governor "Spineless loving Weasel" Sununu. They're bad at their job.