Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Trazz posted:

The Desantis campaign is in a real lovely situation
They can't talk about real policies, because they don't have any
They can't talk about Trump being a criminal, because Desantis has already said that Trump is being politically prosecuted by the Jews Soros
Ron could just NOT wear lifts in his heels I guess, but that would be capitulating to his critics

Ron can basicaly run on social poo poo because the only people who are going for desatnis are the rich social conservatives who want ghoulish poo poo but not as loud(which lol that ship sailed) and the weird internet twitter/channer bigots who are more the
"professor bigot" types more then trumps "common man bigot screaming slurs" type. desantis is the dude who is a told weird skull shape and blood droplets types for his base, aka asocial aweirdos.

skeleton warrior posted:

The poll mostly states that Republicans remain 1000000000000000% in lock-step behind Trump and no number of felonies or indictments or statements he makes will peel them away, while Biden is having serious trouble keeping young and minority voters interested in supporting him.

Nevada support collapsing is because the Democratic party in Nevada is overwhelmingly young and minorities, so the demographic effects hits there harder.

Nate Cohn goes into more detail, but basically 'generic Democrat' or even Kamala Harris runs hugely ahead of Biden; Biden is in a position where all of the political failures of the last four years are laid on him and he's thought of as old and out of touch.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1721158482127466507

Is it real? Does it matter if it's a year out? I'm not sure either does when it will be what all of the pundits natter about for the next two weeks.

i think it depends. I think alot of younger progressives want bigger dramatic stuff(biden has done a bunch of good stuff and even went back and helped folks more like the train unions and various student stuff) and are also pissed about the israel horror show(justifiably). My view from various discords is people dont like biden for various reasons but they hate the GOP more. I think it all depends where we are next summer. also the elections tomarrow. I think biden does need to be doing more stuff at least visibly mixed with being way loving louder about israel not burning gaza to the ground at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i say swears online posted:

that "various student stuff" has directly lowered my standard of living more than any other president in my lifetime

isnt he trying to get the stuff done through other offices now. like he can't forgive it fully but either slow walk and or make it way easier to get forgiven?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So the primary debate is tonight and i am curious if any of the canidates change tac after the slaughter last night, last night proved even more social conservative poo poo isnt winning for them. obviously the answer will be no but its interesting.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Google Jeb Bush posted:

that's been a greatest hits conspiracy theory since 2016, mostly to rile up the racists

all the nominal candidates are going to drop out at the convention in favor of Barack Obama's black wife

yeah, Vivek is going for my chud qanon uncle types of chuds while desantis is trying to get the Professor bigot types who post on /pol/ or reddit about sexual lives of cartoon charaters and WOKE media.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's very funny to me that DeSantis and his team laser-focused so much on twitter fascists and /pol/ posters. Like did he honestly expect suburban grandmas to respond well to soyjak ownage comics? Like, plunk down the average rural redhat in front of that "whoopsie, that's a sonnenrad" video and they're gonna be offput as hell.

If I had to guess he was trying to lock terminally-online support and then pivot to a broader audience once he had a home-grown meme army like Trump had in 2016, but his utter failure to do so followed by a complete inability to appeal to people outside of his state is funny to me. Like with Christie and Ramaswamy, I know they're not actually running to win. But this was Ronnie's one shot and he clearly had actual intention to be president, and he's stepped on so many rakes along the way that it's looped back to being funny again.

its mix, i think he is an idiot who thinks he is frank underwood chasing power at the behest of Chud jackie O. i think his reasoning is these freaks are the real silent majority and the real "youth" so if he picks them up he can steal trumps base and outflank the rest of the right but lol that didnt happen because again, all these folks are social morons who just post and project about their various insecurities in toxic ways and no one likes them. much like ron.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I think the problem is that he's still not willing to commit 100%. I sincerely believe that only an out-and-out full on open 4chan style fascist can primary Trump. "Name the Jew" as they put it. Go on about who's really behind the great replacement, etc etc. It might not work, ultimately, and I hope/think it wouldn't in the general, but I think it's the only way you can have a real threat to Trump in the primaries.

DeSantis has a lot of problems, but that's the biggest I think. He's openly courting fascists enough to alienate some Republicans, but not so openly fascist as to poach the fascists from Trump.
Which is arguably a microcosm of a lot of the challengers. They are more extreme than Trump in a number of ways, but not in any of the ways that reliably translate to winning over fascists and whatever conservatives still remain.

EDIT: Like, honestly, considering Donnie Jr. already paraphrased Der Giftpilz I don't think it's unreasonable to say we're not that far in election cycles from a presidential candidate bringing up adrenochrome or dropping the hard "R" gamer word.

to me its less that and more Desantis is trying to be overly high minded and coy and big brained about it while trump doesnt care, Trump is a dumb loud bigot all the horrible poo poo from his gut and poo poo and that had broader appeal. Desantis just has negative charisma and you need charisma to sell that level of horrible bigotry. Desantis is a weird friendless rich nerd who views himself as some main character but he was 20 years younger, he would be posting on reddit about marital laws for children in fictional cartoon countries while railing about the blacks stealing all the women and who women are whores.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

A bunch of them would just sit out, as they only care about Trump and will just disengage from politics again when he's gone. I have no idea what drives them - his celebrity, his idiocy, or his saying the quiet parts loud, but he clearly has a bunch of voters who only make it out for him.

The rest would scatter around the other candidates, and there's no real telling who. Not to mention that if Trump died this far out, you'd have four or five people who were sitting out to avoid fighting Trump suddenly jump in now that the coast was clear - Hawley or Youngkin and such. I think it's pretty fair to assume that DeSantis would fall back into the middle of the pack; his campaign numbers have been a constant slide downwards and I can't imagine him suddenly inspiring confidence or support after his mediocre campaign.

But you're right that it's his only chance at the White House, so he's full in for the humiliation tour.

honestly I think desantis sticks it out til the very end, maybe guns for some sort of desperate backroom deal in the convention center coat room type deal.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Eiba posted:

Why do folks keep saying this is his only shot? It feels like a lot of people running are getting their name and credentials out there for 2028. DeSantis obviously thought he had a shot here too, but doesn't "runner up to Trump" put him in a good position for the next primary? It seems like people who stick out multiple primaries eventually get seen as more viable.

This is a pretty unique situation where the front runner it term limited and everyone knows, win or lose, they'll have to pick a new candidate in just 4 years.

Unless Trump loses and decides to run again in 2028, which would be kind of hilarious.

he is out in 2026 and if he wants to be politically relavent with out going back to the house again(no senate Florida seat up for grabs) he has to run now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

It’s for three reasons:

1) In the modern media environment, maintaining support and enthusiasm for years is really really hard. The media always wants new and fresh and will jump on every new bandwagon to try and generate views and clicks, and so you’d always rather be the new hot commodity than the old news fighting to get attention.

2) DeSantis can only get attention by power stunts. Literally every reason you’ve heard of him is because of a bill he signed or a fight he picked, one of which would matter if he wasn’t a sitting governor. He loses that in 26 and has nowhere to go, so he’d both be old news and have no way to get people to notice him in ‘27 and ‘28.

3) The GOP is brain poisoned and sure they’re going to win in ‘24, and no one wants to be running against the GOP incumbent or incumbent-anointed candidate in ‘28.

its also the political landscape will probably change by then, depending on who dems run, and how loving nuts the GOP have gone or if its fractures more or if trumps running or dead or in jail and etc and etc. Right now Ron is/was at the top of his game and for a while it was up in the air how trump would do with the base. but yeah now he is hosed and most of his laundry has leaked out showing he never made friends or built up any kind of real structure and no one from romney to tucker likes the dude on a personal level at all.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

4) Ron hosed around with a very certain Mouse's House. By 2028 he will have gone through the full finding out of that loving around. I do not expect it to be pleasant for Ron.

I think part of the reason he doesn’t drop out is because he realizes the Florida gop would gently caress him over if the money flees more or disneys butchers bill is too high or trump demands it. Every article I read talks about how desantis didn’t even try to make friends and in roads into the party more and throws tantrums and poo poo. Meanwhile Trump will call you if you’re sick.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gyges posted:

His main issue is that he was built up as the next guy, and promptly turned around and used that status as a club to threaten the legislature into line. This was exasperated by his win making him look like he was wildly popular. So for a time he was demanding fealty and charging favors as the guy who was going to win the nomination. Then by the time he actually announced, he was beyond his sell by date but had demanded a lot of absolutely stupid moves that will only hurt everyone who carried them out.

The Mouse is not going to forget this, and most of these guys are stuck in the cage with him. Their calculation was that they'd have a powerful backing from next level DeSantis. With the usual modern day Republican Political Calculus and Planning caveat of a huge stein of Kool-aide being drunk at the same time.

he had a very very narrow window which was right after he won or right before. trump was not doing well and desantis was, he dithered and also didnt punch trump. it didnt help that disney hit and has him dead to rights and popular support behind them. he is basicaly stuck in a cage with a tiger that he can escape from easy but once he gets out of the cage, the tents on fire and their are bigger angrier animals.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gyges posted:

DeSantis' problem lie more in his anti-charisma, AI mannerisms, and clear usage of high heels. People can't hear his meaningless answers through his strained, rigor smile.

yeah. it also doesnt help that he is going deeply unpopular social right poo poo and trying to out trump trump. to do any of that poo poo, you need some charisma. ron doesnt have it. vivek is doing the same thing but he is gunning for a tucker type job or some sort of Ghoul admin job.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

Remember that in 2016 Trump was calling for “Second Amendment solutions” if Hillary won. He’s always been a fascist who wants to be the face of an uprising because it’s proof that he’s so loved.

What’s scary for a second term is not that he’ll have more stupid, fascist ideas, because every expose revealed he had plenty of those. What’s scary is how much more likely it is he’ll appoint more Cheseboros and other fascists and usurpers because he no longer feels tied to letting semi-competent conservatives handle the hard parts of the job.

its also he is older and stress and the court poo poo and the failed coup/etc hosed up his brain way way worse and its only gonna get louder and dumber, he isnt gonna run on anything to get the suburbs or moderates people he needs to cross the finish line back. i think the polling will see some shifts once its clear that trump IS the nom which i think is a 75% chance now. trump is way more hosed up moron then he was in 2016. watch his speeches and poo poo then and now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Staluigi posted:

this always was what he was inside, but it definitely is coming at us harder because one way or another he lost any ability to tactically benefit from having a mask on, and probably sat his rear end down 90% of the time self-radicalizing on fox pundits and the like right as he got deep into the age where you really start losing filters and so now he's all out on the Cleanse The Land Of Vermin poo poo

i think people kinda forget trump IS his base as much as he hates them and he consumes the same insane media poo poo but probably even more "pure" because he has miller and others feeding him all kinds of insane poo poo. like i dont think trumps some great believer in the Culture war poo poo or whatever but he eats from the same toxic traugh they do. so now he is just fully self radicalized and then gets his words parroted back to him by his base and the news he consumes and on and on.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

VorpalBunny posted:

I think the most jarring thing for me was the news that Miller is already looking for lawyers who will defend these insane Trump policies once they get into office. One year out, they already know their poo poo is so toxic and evil they are massing a stable of shithead lawyers to push it all through anyway.
Aren't all the "best" terrible right-wing lawyers already on Trump's various criminal cases? In addition to all the ones who turned into defendants?

i hate being that dickhead and i will again probably eat my words. but the project 2025 poo poo is kinda overblow sorta. its a chud version of a list of dreams and horrible poo poo they want to inact with a bunch of legalise bullshit that they will tyr to use as cover. most of it is "fire everyone who isnt a chud, replace with chuds, make the military shoot protesters, ban all abortion and the gays and bring back the comstock acts. like they dont have the smart lawyers to pull that off and while yeah scotus would sign off on some of it, alot of it they won't. its also the military won't open fire on american citizens because trump demands it and tries to saturday night massacare his way through high command. this poo poo can work if the US goverment was already hollowed out and the military wanted trump to do it. but miller is basicaly just hoping the US is the weimar without doing the resarch into why it failed. its massive fanfiction to excite the /pol/ type chuds. i am not saying its not possible. but if trump wins we are already hosed so. idk.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/dylanewells/status/1725512529726607476

seems like Ron is done and haley is probably number 2 least for now. Feels good to be sorta right about ron being dead the second he got out of florida.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

Most of the republican primaries are winner takes all so if the none of the non-trump candidates absolutely crush it as early as possible they're all done.

oh yeah. i think desantis holds on as long as possible because if he doesn't the knives at home might come out faster.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bodyholes posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/16/politics/biden-federal-workforce-gop/index.html

They are making moves to try to protect federal workers. The 'lackadaisical attitude' is just your personal media bubble. People are taking this quite seriously.

this. I think stuff is being done in the goverment to try to prevent this kinda stuff. its just all boring and mostly not in congress though it sounds like excutive is trying to do stuff as well. I think the Trumpists make the mistake about loudly screaming about all the people they want to hurt because they are in their own weird media bubble and also assume everyone just agrees with them secretly. also the people they are picking to run this poo poo are all weird nutjob idilogues.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Clarste posted:

What is Newsom accomplishing? I think they both want the exact same thing, tbh. To get some clips of them owning someone their supporters already completely loathe. Which is safe because those supporters won't care even slightly care what the other guy says, he's just an ideological strawman. In that sense, they could probably both benefit from this? At least a little.

because he has nothing to lose. he gets a boost going into 2028 and gets some good press and play the hero standing up to the chudlander of florida. plus desantis wanted this, he started this before the bottom fell out from under him. i suspect his plan was to make it a victory lap/practice against biden before he won the primary. Not a big fan of newsome and its a low bar debate but i thought he did pretty well. desantis could get a boost if trump wasnt around but he is and it didnt help that desantis wasnt great in the debate in general. alot of desantis support from chuds was conditional because he played the loyal lickspittle to trump and did hosed up poo poo they liked. the issue is he went for the king and missed and now he is traitorus extremes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Riptor posted:

I don't see how it hurts and to the extent that more people know his name outside of California I do think it helps

this. again i am not a giant fan of the guy i prefer Pritzker, Whitmer, and Beshear and probably shapiro. But i am perfectly fine with anyone kicking Ron's rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

You're right. DeSantis would have to go get arrested a bunch of times and call more people losers to even approach the idea of chipping away at the Trump cult.

I know your joking(lol) but i think alot of it is because trump is very much a messiah to a bunch of gen x and Boomers who peaked in the 80s and he represents the last time they were truly happy, they were young and had jobs they liked or fun hobbies and the world "belonged to them". and now society moved on and things changed. I think you see a similar thing with younger chuds too who miss the 00s days of the internet. trump promises that to them though not in those exact words but trumps a tabula rasa of bullshit. Its how my uncle can believe all the qanon poo poo and various consipracy poo poo now. I think they NEED to believe it because if not, then they were wrong and they were wrong about alot and that maybe they were wrong about everything.
https://twitter.com/GrahamAllen_1/status/1731062224867692777

I think there are a decent amount of solid and good canidates and alot of Chaff. we will see.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/EggerDC/status/1740436604496605689?s=20

ron's answer while smarmy is about as correct as a gop chud will be. if he had played the Hogan "moderate" instead of weird church lady homelander, this probably would have helped him but dude set up a system that has books about the civil war and civil rights movements banned from schools so gently caress him. also its not the dems riding around with confederate flags.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

This sort of thing is why I think it might not have been a dem operative. If it were, why target Haley?

. i think haley if she didnt gently caress up could win enough moderates/suburbs who wouldnt go for trump or ron. to get a swing state or two. but thats the whole beating trump thing, idk. i think its probably some moderate republican history dad who was curious to see what she would say.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would probably be in the camp of rather facing Trump than her, although I don't know how she would ever get there currently. Trump is a loser with a dedicated fan base and my gut feeling is the turnout will not be there for him like it was in 2020. Haley would be an attractive option to people like my mom who recognize now that Trump is a batty maniac but who haven't yet realized or allowed themselves to admit that the entire Republican party is like that. Haley would be a "normal' Republican who you could vote for against Biden without hesitating over Trump's innate toxicity.

yeah. i think it would depend how haley did with abortion and the various awful poo poo thats gonna pop up because of the bans. but i think haley could win back my dad if she said/didnt say the right stuff. personally i also agree. id rather face trump or desantis then haley. least for now. obviously that big loving risk but if trump wins we are already in deep poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gyges posted:

Virtually anyone but Trump also doesn't galvanize the other side to crawl through broken glass to vote for the candidate they don't really like that much anyway.

i think desantis would to an extent, he would screech about makinge america florida and banning woke and etc.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

Yeah one of Trump's strengths going against these Republican Southern Governors is being being a product of the Northeast, Trump despises evangelicals as much as the standard Northeaster.

this. its one of the few things i "like" about trump is his genuin disdain of the evangelicals but his ability to keep them coming back for more because everyone involved knows its bullshit for bigotry sake.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I think a lot of it is he is a sociopath AND an introvert and he HATES talking to the small folk and he doesn’t know how too even if he wanted.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Caros posted:

I think it says something that I, a relative political nerd, did not realize it was the Iowa caucus day.

2016 had people writing Les mis songs about the gop clown car (We'll be ready for these closers, they're low energy. Vote trump!) and this thread has a loving tumbleweed blowing through it.

I'm sure this is fine though, totally going to see Haley with the surprise victory.

because all of us know its gonna be trump. yeah a majority of normies think it will be someone else.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gyges posted:

The current state of things is that every candidate has their own billionaire or group of billionaires who funds them. So regardless of any results, the only thing that can make them drop out is either shame or their sugar daddy pulling the plug. Since Meatball doesn't have any shame in his programing, he's in it until the people behind U-Line shipping and packing pull the plug.

this. i still think he will go as long as possible because the second he stops, he has to go back home and realize that he hosed up the state bad enough that a bunch of GOP are grumbling and the chuds view him as a traitor.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GlobalMegaCorp posted:

Trump is gonna hit 60% and cause both Nikki and Rob to drop out overnight lol

rob wont drop out. if he drops out then he will have to go back to florida and hope the party doesnt knife him because trump demands it OR because he pissed away the money.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Eric Cantonese posted:

That is such a load of crap.

i find it funny because this guy is giving him the wrong answers too. he wants him to double down on the culture war poo poo which i dont think works and makes him poison to moderates. you wont win my dad and various extend family by screaming about woke.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ninjahedgehog posted:

I don't doubt that these details are largely true, but this is 100% someone flailing to save their future career in GOP politics

yeah, all this sounds correct but its mostly sounds like a /pol/ chud who liked desantis because he was "smart" about bigotry and woops the guy is a weird charisma vacum and "smart" bigotry doesnt work on chud randos.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Eric Cantonese posted:

You don't think affirmative action is different? I think of it as more of a borderline pocketbook/class security issue that does resonate with white voters.

i think that can work. but the GOP has kinda gone beyond that now.
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1746985554321785328
https://www.wired.com/story/charlie-kirk-tpusa-mlk-civil-rights-act/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

At least he kind of acknowledges MLK’s actual views as opposed to all the “MLK wanted you to be color blind and not woke” conservatives?

yeah, i mean the segragationism poo poo was always just under the surface and the fact that kirk is now screaming it shows its popular again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's basically undeniable at this point that that one of the main goals of the right is to roll back civil rights for anyone who isn't white, male, straight, and Christian* to achieve (what they imagine) either the early 1950s or 1850s to be.

*Under whatever arbitrary definition they're using today.

yeah, trump kinda sped all this poo poo up but i think it was coming post romney loss anyway.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Remember that this was a real ad put together by someone running for President for who had $200 million in funding for his campaign?

The article by his former campaign advisor commenting about all the people he hired being ex-Ted Cruz staffers and weirdo 4chan people in their 20's makes a lot of sense.

https://twitter.com/RegimeTwink/status/1747113347877687435

https://themessenger.com/politics/the-inside-story-of-how-ron-desantis-got-crushed-by-donald-trump-exclusive

rons biggest issue is he is a nerdy control freak weirdo running in a popularity contest with big jock rear end in a top hat with the audiance of said contest being exclusivly lovers of big loud assholes. they dont care about your weird gilded age race science, they dont care if you think star wars is woke. Bigotry works as a platform when you have some actual charisma and or status, trump has both or enough to keep the chuds happy, ron had enough to be a vassal and thats it.
https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1499095230141775872
this is when i knew he was done on any kinda of national stage. if you have any brains or even mush like trump, you realize yelling at some kid in public because of some weird controll poo poo doesnt make you look smart or strong. even trump as loving awful as he is sorta smart enough to not do that.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 17, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I was at a bar and grill the other night (before Iowa) and they played his "Haley and Trump say that parents of trans kids should have a say in their care, Ron DeSantis is the ONLY one protecting our kids from the Radical Trans Agenda by stopping this" commercial just about every break. I can't imagine the people that messaging appeals to. Like, sure, transphobes exist, but they're gonna be pulling the lever for Trump anyway, trying to peel away their votes by assuring them that your guy is the real transphobe just comes across as pathetic.

mostly trad freaks and uber social chuds. uber online types. no one who would vote in GIANT numbers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Caros posted:

This really is it.

I suspect all the diet Trump's and the trump max's were pretty much relying on him kneeling over or being in prison. The goal was to be the torch bearer for his movement when he fell.

But since he made it to the primary the best they get is the VP nod for Vivek and real doll reek for desantis.

yeah, like the idea is to wait it out though, wait for trump to go to the clink OR die or stroke out. desantis hosed up by waffling and then trying to stab the king in the back infront of everyone in a very clumsy way. Vivek played it smarter by just being trumps attack dog and "well if he falls, i move in as the second" which could have worked but you know, indian hindu guy playing to white chuds.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DynamicSloth posted:

She has a shot at keeping the race 'alive' for a few more weeks but winning New Hampshire doesn't give her a path to the nomination, there is no other state between now and super Tuesday where she's actually likely to win.

Another great take:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1747275515789287839

i think haley would have a better shot then trump on paper against biden BUT she will never make it past SC.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

She knows what she is doing and isn't just dumb.

She had previously (10+ years ago) said that someone tried to tell her she couldn't win a beauty pagent in South Carolina because she was "a brown girl" and that her father was discriminated against for wearing a turban.

She just (correctly) realizes that the modern GOP voter does not want to hear that racism exists.

partly. the moderates know racism is a thing and dont like it, they just want it to be quiet, its why the dont like trump or to various extent desantis, the loud social conservative poo poo is way to loud for them and they just want "compassionate conservative" bullshit.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 17, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

smackfu posted:

So the GOP calendar coming up is:

Jan 23 NH Primary
Feb 8 Nevada Caucus
Feb 24 SC Primary
Feb 27 Michigan Primary
Mar 2 Idaho & Missouri Caucus
Mar 4 North Dakota Caucus

Then March 5 is Super Tuesday.

Pretty big gaps after NH and Nevada which is good for Haley if she wins NH.

could michigan go for haley, apperently the state part has legit fractured so maybe trump wont have enough pull. but i could see desantis doing ok if he has enough social conservative votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

daslog posted:

Here is a picture of the rest of the mailers. I put the address side down, but if there are a couple that you really want to see let me know.

poo poo like that is why i am glad i Live in PA, we just get General election poo poo.